Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: One service, two nodes, HA
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers One service, two nodes, HA Post 302580560 by Flomaster on Friday 9th of December 2011 12:21:51 AM
Old 12-09-2011
Thanks for the answer, there different vlan, location...etc.. With rhel cluster too problems weren't when is quorum disk, but here without Storage NAS
As I have understood, the best way it to use keepalive or hearbeat, with two channels.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i-nodes

first off, i am new to unix so please bear with me. i was reading somewhere that if your i-nodes get critical that it can slow your network down. what are i-nodes and when do they become a critical number? this is what mine states: / (/dev/root ): 777058 blocks 569290 i-nodes... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: djatwork
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nodes

how do you list all the nodes in unix :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamisi
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Managing nodes???

Does anyone know something about this? I have no idea what it means and how to do it. but if anyone can give me and explanation and also point me to a website, i'd really appreciate it (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

du -k shows different size in two nodes

After rcp -rp from remote host, using du -k to verify the file size but total file size have different size. Check on individual file, file size is correct. How can I confirm on the file size after ftp? Pls advise. Thank you. (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
15 Replies

5. High Performance Computing

request more nodes

I am new to cluster commands. But I have tried utilizing: -pe, but I do not know my parallel computing environment. We are running SGE, is there a simpler command to request more nodes? also: qsub -N auto -M name@email.com -m abe auto.sh does not email me at all. Help would be appreciated (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: theawknewbie
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Run one service after another service has finished - systemd

Hi all I would like to know how to run task2.service after task1.service has finished. task1.service has a timer (task1.timer), that makes it run every 5 minutes OnCalendar=*:0/5task2.service is basically a script, that has to work on the files created after task1 has finished. This is what I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guilliber
2 Replies
VOTEQUORUM_QDISK_REGISTER(3)			    Corosync Cluster Engine Programmer's Manual 		      VOTEQUORUM_QDISK_REGISTER(3)

NAME
votequorum_qdisk_register - Registers a new quorum device SYNOPSIS
#include <corosync/votequorum.h> int votequorum_qdisk_register(votequorum_handle_t handle, char * name, unsigned int votes); DESCRIPTION
The votequorum_qdisk_register is used to register a new quorum device. A quorum device is an external way of adding votes to a small clus- ter. The quorum device is, in effect, a pseudo node in the cluster that provide votes based on some external device, usually a shared disk partition or perhaps a network router. This call creates the device but does not mark it active. votequorum_qdisk_poll must be called for the votes to be included in the quorum calculation. Note that it is the responsibility of the quorum device subsystem (not provided as part of votequorum) to keep all nodes informed of the quorum device status. RETURN VALUE
This call returns the CS_OK value if successful, otherwise an error is returned. ERRORS
The errors are undocumented. SEE ALSO
votequorum_overview(8), votequorum_initialize(3), votequorum_finalize(3), votequorum_dispatch(3), votequorum_fd_get(3), votequo- rum_qdisk_poll(3), votequorum_qdisk_unregister(3), votequorum_qdisk_getinfo(3), corosync Man Page 2009-01-26 VOTEQUORUM_QDISK_REGISTER(3)