Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting calling a plsql procedure through shell script Post 302580544 by durden_tyler on Thursday 8th of December 2011 09:49:59 PM
Old 12-08-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspnf
I have a plsql procedure inside a package which is having one IN parameter .I want to call that procedure through a shell script and that IN parameter is a column of a table in the database. So my requirement is that i need to loop all the entries of that IN parameter from the table through shell script. suppose i have 100 rows in that table so i need to take 100 rows(which is IN parameter of a procedure) from the table and then process 5 at a time .so i pick 1st five rest are on wait. once those 5 are done then next five...
Please post the "create table" statement to create the table, "insert into" statements to populate the table, and your PL/SQL procedure that you have as of now.

tyler_durden

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling stored procedure from shell script.

Hi All, This is a very starnge problem I am having. I have a shell script that calls a stored procedure. Here's my code in shell script: sqlplus "userid/pwd" @file.sql and file.sql has the following statement: exec my_storedProc; Now, when I execute my shell script, nothing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyamurthy2005
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling stored procedure from shell script

HI, I have a similar problem to thread 18264, only I couldn't get it to work. https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=18264 I have a stored procedure which is called by a shell script program. When I run the stored procedure alone or through the shell script, it works fine with output text... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorisw
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling an Oracle Stored Procedure from Unix shell script

hai, can anybody say how to call or to execute an oracle stored procedure in oracle from unix... thanks in advance.... for ur reply.... by, leo (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leojhose
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

calling plsql function in a unix script

Could anyone please help me. I have a function in plsql that returns a number. But i am listing some records through that function using DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE. I want to catch those records by executing this function through a unix script. The following shows what i did echo "Connected from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cobroraj
2 Replies

5. Programming

Calling procedure through Unix Shell

Hi can anyone help me in how to 1) invoke batch profile to run sqlplus on XXXXX server. 2) execute truncate table xtra.xtra_card_email_request using procedure dbadmin.truncate_table . 3) Check the count before and after the job run. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jakred
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling procedure through Unix Shell

how to 1) invoke batch profile to run sqlplus on XXXXX server. 2) execute truncate table xtra.xtra_card_email_request using procedure dbadmin.truncate_table . 3) Check the count before and after the job run. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jakred
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Calling unix script from sql or plsql

Hi Can anyone please let me know how to call unix scripts from sql or plsql ASAP. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksailesh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling pl/sql procedure from shell and return values

How could I call an Oracle PL/SQL procedure from any shell (bash) and catch returning value from that procedure (out param) or get a returning value if it's a function. also, I got into trouble when I tried to send a number as a param #!/bin/bash -e username=$1 pwd=$2 baza=$3... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bongo
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to give plsql procedure output

##Execute the EDW_MEM_KEY_UPDATE procedure ext_sta=`sqlplus -s ${Connstr} <<eof set heading off; set pagesize 0; set feedback off; set serveroutput on; execute EDW_MEM_KEY_UPDATE ; quit; here` vara="ORA-" var=`echo $ext_sta | grep -c $vara ` Hi All, above is a part of my unix... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamnoone
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sub script calling procedure

Hi, I have a doubt regarding how sub scripts will be executed and interested to know internal workflow, For example - My main script is A,it calls a script B then B will call some C....and so on. Then B script run parallel to A or it will wait B to execute then A will continue. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
1 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)