Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Creating bashrc and vimrc using scripting Post 302580511 by meredith1990 on Thursday 8th of December 2011 05:50:34 PM
Old 12-08-2011
im not trying to echo it to the command line. I am trying to create a script that will create a .vimrc and .bashrc but i can not figure out how to do this. i thought that
Code:
"suff" > .vimrc

would work but it did not. if this whole thing does not make sense i can try and clerify.

Last edited by meredith1990; 12-08-2011 at 08:31 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

from bashrc to sh..??

:) as soon as i installed my software a couple of weeks ago.. (fedora core 2 vs, 2.6.8-1.521) i decided to switch the shell to sh shell and i know that .bashrc is the bash profile file(???) i want to use the sh version of the same file and make it the main profile file.. how can I switch it and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash/awk scripting help (creating OLD new users)

I need some help making this script... I guess I'm having trouble even interpretating what to even get started on... I need to create a script that will search a given directory (typically a user's home directory, but not necessarily) as provided on the command line and any sub-directors for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jukai
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

VIMRC question ????

Hi There, :) I Need to put the following command in the vimrc for the execution of ECLIPSE so I have written smthing like as follows, export PATH=$PATH:/JVM location after this i go to my eclipse folder and when I execute STILL it is not getting opened..... Any Help that makes my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gk_linux
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bashrc

i have made a few changes to my bashrc file...have set a few environmental variable that my shell scripts use. Is there any way that these changes can reflect in evryone else's bashrc who are in the network or do all of them have to copy those changes to their own bashrc file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
2 Replies

5. Solaris

editing crontab with vim and using .vimrc

Hi since we migrated from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10 I do miss a nice feature when editing crontab with vim editor: no more color highlighting after starting to edit. Well there is a hack, see below. I did define: export EDITOR='vim -c ":source /export/home/duc904/.vimrc"' Under Sol8 when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: duc904
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

vimrc help with line endings

I was reading this and thought I could put this in my vimrc and it would convert the line endings to unix. Am I doing something wrong or am I missing something? set ff=unixManaging/Munging Line-Endings with Vi/Vim | Jeet Sukumaran I used this command and it confirms that my global option is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between .vimrc and .exrc?

What is the difference between .vimrc and .exrc? I google it but didn't find the brief explanation? Regards ADI (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adisky123
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting for creating ftp and transfer file

Dear All, We run backup script to update backup file every hour. I want to create a script, which transfer these files in another server using ftp as new backup file created every hour. Files should be stored with a unique name for every hour(e.g 20130708_13:00 , 20130708_14:00 and so on) and... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Preeti Saini
13 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Vimrc creating tabs instead of spaces

I'm having trouble getting my vimrc to work the way I want it. For some reason after I hit enter it is creating tabs instead of spaces like I would expect. Here is an example of what I am talking about. $ = newline, ^I = tab. On the line of struct EDGETAG* q; I hit enter and it created a tab... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Double quote in vimrc not take as comment

Hi, 1. I'm using tcsh and I use a .gvimrc file which was working fine with my previous ksh shell. But while sourcing, I'm getting messages like 'Unmatched " '. I'm not trying anything fancy but just using " for commenting in the very first line and I see the error is thrown right there. 2.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishikpillai90
2 Replies
Locale::Script(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				       Locale::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Script(3pm)