Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking I can't login to any new FTP accounts Post 302580497 by trevthefatty on Thursday 8th of December 2011 05:22:21 PM
Old 12-08-2011
Yeah that's why I checked it out and the permissions are the same as the other account I am able to log into. Thx tho! Any other ideas?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Disablin login for system accounts

Hy everyone! I'm trying to lock out system accounts on my Tru64 UNIX machines. Wherever I look, it says only to put Nologin or *Nologin in password field of desired account in /etc/passwd. But it doesn't work. I still can su to that accounts. There are some accounts that already have Nologin... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: veccinho
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP login problem

I've just configured a server to my network (setting the ip, netmask, host file, etc...) and the server doesn't have any problem pinging another computer on the network. however when i try to connect to the server via ftp the root account can't log in, i made another account (a standard one that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasalagua
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

limit non login id for ftp

Hi All, How can I limit a userid (/bin/false) to have access only to ftp service? On redhat ent 4. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP & login

Folks; Is there a way in UNIX to do the following: When users use FTP to login to a mounted drive on Solaris server, if that was their first time login a home directory for that user will be created & if the home directory exists it won't create a home directory (user should not have a login... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
6 Replies

5. Solaris

FTP login failed.

Hi guys, Can you please help me. I have SUN V100 server running solaris 8. I also have a Redhat Linux 6.2 machine and a windows XP machine on the network. I'm trying to copy files from the Linux and XP machines to the V100 server. When I try to ftp to the solaris machine, I'm challenged... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stin
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System list of all UNIX login accounts

What is the command to list all UNIX system login accounts? What is the command to list all system password parameters for UNIX(minimum length, complexity,age, invalid lockout attempts, expiration date , user inactivity lockout) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ma466
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete ftp accounts created in cpanel

i want to delete the extra ftp accounts that are created in cpanel e.g., when you go to cpanel->ftp accounts, any that are not there by default how can i do this via commandline? i am looping through the users on the server where is this info stored? also - how can the password of an... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
0 Replies

8. Solaris

FTP log only shows FTP LOGIN FROM entry?

OS: Solaris 9 Configuration /etc/syslog.conf daemon.debug /etc/inetd.conf ftp stream tcp6 nowait root /usr/sbin/in.ftpd in.ftpd -A -l -d Found the ftp.log only generate those entries from other servers/hosts. Can we trace on all ftp entries either from/to the server? ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ftp login commands

Hello, I am using ftp on command line. The problem is getting bumped off after 15 minutes of no activity.. I have two options: quit ftp and use the command history of my shell, or stay in ftp and use 'open' command, where I can use the command history saved in the ftp program. Either option... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Allasso
1 Replies
GSHADOW(5)						   File Formats and Conversions 						GSHADOW(5)

NAME
gshadow - shadowed group file DESCRIPTION
/etc/gshadow contains the shadowed information for group accounts. This file must not be readable by regular users if password security is to be maintained. Each line of this file contains the following colon-separated fields: group name It must be a valid group name, which exist on the system. encrypted password Refer to crypt(3) for details on how this string is interpreted. If the password field contains some string that is not a valid result of crypt(3), for instance ! or *, users will not be able to use a unix password to access the group (but group members do not need the password). The password is used when an user who is not a member of the group wants to gain the permissions of this group (see newgrp(1)). This field may be empty, in which case only the group members can gain the group permissions. A password field which starts with a exclamation mark means that the password is locked. The remaining characters on the line represent the password field before the password was locked. This password supersedes any password specified in /etc/group. administrators It must be a comma-separated list of user names. Administrators can change the password or the members of the group. Administrators also have the same permissions as the members (see below). members It must be a comma-separated list of user names. Members can access the group without being prompted for a password. You should use the same list of users as in /etc/group. FILES
/etc/group Group account information. /etc/gshadow Secure group account information. SEE ALSO
gpasswd(5), group(5), grpck(8), grpconv(8), newgrp(1). shadow-utils 4.1.5.1 05/25/2012 GSHADOW(5)