Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to check for valid password Post 302580492 by ADay2Long on Thursday 8th of December 2011 05:11:27 PM
Old 12-08-2011
What would be my best approach right now since I want to search for something that starts with

Code:
"^$ACCNAME:"

and doesn't end with

Code:
[0-9a-zA-Z./$]

but from what I see that's for the second field only.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check for a valid numeric input

Hi Folks, I'm using bash script. I would like to check whether input is a number or not.(Only positive numbers).. if space or non numeric is entered, it should say "invalid input". pls help.. thanks in adv. Br/// Vijay. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vijayakumarpc
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check valid records in really big file with one commend..

Hi, I have a 5 gig file, no record terminators, field terminators are newline. The record length is 768 and I would like to check that every 768th byte is a newline and print out the byte position if it isn't. I would like to do this going either forward or backwards with one command if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vtischuk@yahoo.
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

to check whether a directory or filename path is valid or not

the script on excution should take a directory path from useran a numric input and it should check indicate whether its write or not? if the cmmd sh<script-name>,dir/path.<500>" is greater than 500 in size should be copied to dir ,temp in pwd and display the mesage'files of 2000 bytes hav been... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arukr
4 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Bash shell - Check if value is valid directory.

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: The script usage will be as follows: library.third source_directory - Your script will display an appropriate error message and exit with status 3 if no parameters are given - Your script will display an appropriate error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netmaster
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check if file contains valid strings?

Hi All, I am a newbie...I would like to have a function which ll check if a file contains valid strings before "=" operator. Just to give you my requirement: assume my file has content: hello= gsdgsd sfdsg sgdsg sgdgdg world= gggg hhhh iiiii xxxx= pppp ppppp pppp my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rtagarra
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check the user input to be valid using shell script?

How to check the user input to be valid using shell script? The valid input is in the format like as follows. 1. It can only have r,w,x or a hyphen and nothing else. 2. ensure the r, w, x are in the correct order. for example: rwxr-xr-x is a valid format. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hyeewang
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to check if an argument is valid shell variable

I need a script that should print 'yes' if the argument is a valid shell variable name else 'No' if it is not a valid shell variable. A valid one begins with an alphabet or percentage (%) character and is followed by zero or more alphanumberic or percentage (%) characters. For example: $... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pingiliarjun
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if a string is a valid timestamp in UNIX.

Hi all, I have date and time value in a string, I want to check if it is a valid date and time. Need help on this. Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratiksha Mehra
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if time format is valid

How can I validate if time (HH:MM:SS) argument is valid? I got this from web but I can't modify it to exit the script if the time argument is invalid. echo $1 | awk -F ':' '{ print ($1 <= 23 && $2 <= 59 && $3 <= 59) ? "good" : "bad" }' ex: ./script.ksh 12:34:21 = okay ./script.ksh... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: erin00
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for valid hostnames

Hello, I am trying to develop a script to check for valid hostnames. Below are the prerequisites for a valid hostname which I got from wiki : Hostnames are composed of series of labels concatenated with dots, as are all domain names. For example, "en.wikipedia.org" is a hostname. Each label... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
8 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)