Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Trying to install boost 1.4.1 without success maybe yum repository is wrong Post 302580474 by garskoci on Thursday 8th of December 2011 03:19:11 PM
Old 12-08-2011
This output here looks like boost141 is not in the repository.
Code:
No package boost141* available.

Try searching for the boost package in your repositories with a shorter string.

Code:
yum search boost

If the package isn't in the repository, it will tell you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Local yum repository

Hi Friends, I have succesfully configured a local yum repository using ios image. Please let me know how i can synchronize the local repository with RHN. Is it possible, so that i can update the local repository with latest updates. Regards, Arumon (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arumon
1 Replies

2. Solaris

how to install boost 1_49_0 in solaris

hi guys, i downloaded boost1_49_0 tar.gz... then unzip and untar... how to install boost 1_49_0 in solaris plz help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolboys
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Configure yum repository

how to configure yum server to get rpms from any repository or redhat repo. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: leganti
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Trying to install solaris-10,not success????

System identification is completed. System identification complete. Starting Solaris installation program... Executing JumpStart preinstall phase... Searching for SolStart directory... Checking rules.ok file... Using begin script: install_begin Using finish script: patch_finish Executing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marifmeo
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Yum repository linking to ftp site of Redhat

I have a query that does Redhat have the link to the yum repository on its FTP site. In my environment, I have the file rhel-debuginfo.repo which has - baseurl=ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/$releasever/en/os/$basearch/Debuginfo. I hope, my question is clear that is there a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
5 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Is it bad to Install the Whole Repository?

Hey Guys, This week I installed Solaris for the first time, (trying to fix my ZFS array with some movies on it) and I noticed that unlike Linux or FreeBSD, their package management application almost encourages installing whole categories of software at a time. Theirs even a keyboard shortcut for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Danneskjold
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Yum cannot install from repository

Hi guys, thanks for you help on this issue. I built a dvd repository on my server and when I try to install a package from it, I get this error ftp://10.0.0.12/pub/Packages/httpd-2.2.15-26.el6.x86_64.rpm: PYCURL ERROR 9 - "Server denied you to change to the given directory" I will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
2 Replies

8. Fedora

Yum repository not working in Fedora 16

Hi, while installing/updating package using yum I am getting (repomd.xml) error # yum list Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit http://mirror.cse.iitk.ac.in/fedora-archive/fedora/linux/fedora/linux/releases/16/Everything/x86_64/os/repodata/repomd.xml: HTTP Error 404 -... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: muzaffar.k
12 Replies

9. Linux

Local YUM Repository for RHEL versions

Hello, I need to know regarding setting up of Local repositories so that I can update or install packages on other RHEL servers. In our environment we have many servers with different RHEL versions. Like RHEL 7.2, RHEL 7.3, RHEL 7.4, RHEL 7.5 Arch = x86_64 I have setup one Repo server;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunshineMLinux
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Installation of virt-manager while yum update and yum install rhvm does not work

I have downloaded RHEV-H 4.2 Red Hat Virtualization - Red Hat Customer Portal (RHVirtualization 4.2 Host and Manager iso). I uploaded the image and installed on an HP G9 server baremetal. I found I dont have a WAN/net connectivity later on HPG9 server. How can I still install virt-manager on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
1 Replies
yum(8)																	    yum(8)

NAME
yum - Yellowdog Updater Modified shell SYNOPSIS
yum shell [filename] DESCRIPTION
yum includes an interactive shell for conducting multiple commands or sets of commands during a single execution of yum. These commands can be issued manually or passed to yum from a file. The commands are much the same as the normal yum command line options. See here yum(8) for that information. There are a few additional commands documented below. config [argument] [value] args: debuglevel, errorlevel, obsoletes, gpgcheck, assumeyes, exclude If no value is given it prints the current value. If value is given it sets that value. repo [argument] [option] list: lists repositories and their status enable: enable repositories. option = repository id disable: disable repositories. option = repository id transaction [argument] list: lists the contents of the transaction reset: reset (zero-out) the transaction solve: run the dependency solver on the transaction run: run the transaction Examples The following are examples of using the yum shell. list available packagename* groupinfo 'Some Group' install foo remove bar update baz run That will list available packages matching the glob 'packagename*'. It will return information on the group 'Some Group' It will then queue the following commands into the transaction: install foo, remove bar, update baz. Then the 'run' command will resolve dependencies for the transaction commands and run the transaction. SEE ALSO
yum (8) http://yum.baseurl.org/ AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There of course aren't any bugs, but if you find any, they should be sent to the mailing list: yum@lists.baseurl.org or filed in bugzilla. Seth Vidal yum(8)