Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support calculate internal fragmentation in directory Post 302580152 by Corona688 on Wednesday 7th of December 2011 05:32:56 PM
Old 12-07-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by me.
doesnt matter now, I used the code you posted before and hope it will do so
BIG THANKS TO YOU !
It matters if you're doing anything with it... I don't understand why you'd stop caring when the time's up, unless this is homework.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

IP fragmentation

HI all, I am in urgent need of this answer. In TCP/IP protocol, If the IP datagram size > MTU of the any routing network then the IP fragmentation takes place! Where exactly the Fragmentation takes place? is it at the source network layer or in between at some router? If so, which of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reddyb
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate file's size in directory and subdirectory

Hi, I have written one script to calculate total space of all file in one directory, ignoring subdirectory, it works fine. Now, I've been trying to calculate all files which includes files in any subdirectories. I use recursive function to do this, but it can work only if there is only one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KLL
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fragmentation command in linux?

Hi, Please let me know more details on fragmentation in redhat linux and command to check fragmented files? Thanks, Bache Gowda (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Fragmentation Ratio

All. How can i calculate the fragmentation ratio on a mounted disk, given that i have no root privilege and i cannot switch to single user mode. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Negm
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

calculate directory size by year of file

I need to calcualte the size of a directory by the year the files in that directory were created . For example the script will sum up, by year, the number of blocks for that directory and its' subdirectories for files created / accessed in that year. I need a report that would look like... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: igidttam
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Forwarding internal internet packets to internal webserver using iptables

Hi, I need to redirect internal internet requests to a auth client site siting on the gateway. Currently users that are authenticated to access the internet have there mac address listed in the FORWARD chain. All other users need to be redirected to a internal site for authentication. Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mshindo
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate the entropy of a single directory that contains many files

Hello, I'm new member of shell scripting and i face some difficulties. To begin, i try to write an algorithm that calculate from one directory containing nfdump files (288) the entropy of one day 24hours. Each of the file is 5 min interval (nfdump -r nfcapd.200908250000 -s srcip) 1st (nfdump... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: draxmas
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a particular directory in multiple file systems and calculate total size

Hello : I need some help in writing a ksh script which will find a particular directory in all the file systems in a server and finally report the total size of the direcotry in all the file systems. Some thing like this.. find /u*/app/oracle -type d -name "product" -prune and then... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sam1974
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

IP fragmentation problem

Hello all, I am experiencing a problem with IP fragmentation. I am receiving an udp packet that is larger than the MTU and it is fragmented along the network. I am receiving the two fragments but they are not being reassembled correclty. The MTU of the system is 1500 and I cannot increase it,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arichard
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to calculate average of all files in directory and output by part of filename

I am trying to use awk to calculate the average of all lines in $2 for every file in a directory. The below bash seems to do that, but I cannot figure out how to capture the string before the _ as the output file name and have it be tab-delimeted. Thank you :). Filenames in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)