Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Finding IP info from access_log file Post 302580141 by bugenhagen_ on Wednesday 7th of December 2011 03:50:11 PM
Old 12-07-2011
im looking for a the access_log file and i have to view the last 300 lines of this file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail access_log

i am trying to figure a way to email my access_log twice a month to myself right before the system zeros it. using crontab is the way to go, but the command to get mail to do the job is my problem. #------------------------------------------- #0-59 0-23 1-31 1-12 0-6 (0=Sunday) #min hour... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dayglow
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding system info

Can someone tell me the command to display the info about the CPU? I need the CPI id.. of my SUN box. Solaris 8. It's some totally un-intuitive command, and i can't recall it. tnx. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ireeneek
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding file version info

Hi, Is there a standard command for retrieving the version of any given file (assuming the file has a version)? Thanks in advance Dave :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: davewg
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting access_log.processed in crontab

Hi, I've worked out that my server was getting clogged with the access_log.processed file. I deleted it using the command > /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/statistics/logs/access_log.processed I also set that up as a crontab job for every Wednesday. What I was wondering is the version using... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chickenhouse
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding & Moving Oldest File by Parsing/Sorting Date Info in File Names

I'm trying to write a script that will look in an /exports folder for the oldest export file and move it to a /staging folder. "Oldest" in this case is actually determined by date information embedded in the file names themselves. Also, the script should only move a file from /exports to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikosey
6 Replies

6. Solaris

how to grep or egrep pattern of apache access_log file

Hi I need to look for the range dates of access_log for example: between 02/May/2009:14:56:20 and 05/May/2009:18:46:06 then write the content to another file. Date and time is very important for me to concatenate them into access_log later. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help finding info from log file

Hi, I have a log file that contains information such as this: date id number command1 command2 command3 command4 data data data date id number command1 command2 command3 command4 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with finding info on pcode-interpreters-virtual machines

I'm trying to research interpreters and I can't find much info on Pcode or how or why it is used. Thanks in advance!:wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theKbStockpiler
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Access_log parsing and blocking ip

Hello, my website under http get attack. When i check the access_log i can see like this. xx.xxx.xxx.xxx - - "GET //wp-admin/blabla/test.php?jASHSSAsgaGSAgsASGIGIG HTTP/1.1" 200 0 "-" "-" xxx.xxx.x.xx - - "GET //wp-admin/blabla/test.php?jASHSSAsgaGSAgsASGIGIG HTTP/1.1" 200 0 "-" "-" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SAYGIN
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding SSL Cert Info

How do I find out the SSL cert info on the local server? How do I know if an ssl cert is installed on local server? How it was issued to? Who was the issuer? What's the expiration date? Any other relevant information? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scj2012
1 Replies
PENLOGD(1)						      General Commands Manual							PENLOGD(1)

NAME
penlogd - consolidate web server logs SYNOPSIS
penlogd [-fd] [-j dir] [-l logfile] [-n N] [-p pidfile] [-u user] port EXAMPLE
penlogd -l /var/log/access_log -p /var/run/penlogd.pid 10000 DESCRIPTION
Penlogd receives log entries from Pen and from each of the web servers. It consolidates the entries by replacing the source addresses in each entry with the "real" client address and writes the result to stdout or to the file given on the command line. This completely removes the need for postprocessing with mergelogs, since the logs are already merged. Pen must be instructed to send its log to penlogd. See HOWTO and pen man page for details. Sending penlogd a HUP signal will make it close and reopen the logfile, unless it is logging to stdout. Rotate the log like this: mv access_log access_log.1 kill -HUP `cat <pidfile>` where <pidfile> is the file containing pen's process id. Sending penlogd a TERM signal will make it close the log file and exit cleanly. OPTIONS
-d Turn on debugging. The output goes to stderr if we are running in the foreground (see -f) and to syslog (facility user, priority debug) otherwise. -f Stay in foreground. -j dir Run in a chroot environment. -l logfile Write output into logfile. -n N Number of pen log entries to cache (default 1000). -p pidfile Write process id into pidfile. -u user Run as a different user. port The UDP port where penlogd receives log entries. SEE ALSO
pen(1), penlog(1), webresolve(1) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2002-2003 Ulric Eriksson, <ulric@siag.nu>. LOCAL PENLOGD(1)