Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming C program - convert values based on the position Post 302580136 by Corona688 on Wednesday 7th of December 2011 03:32:22 PM
Old 12-07-2011
Is this homework?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spliting the line based on position.

i want to split a big line based on the position. example : I have a single line which has 2300 characters. i want to split from 1 character to 300th characters as first line and 301th to 600 as second line and 601th to 900 as third line ...till the end of the string. Can anyone help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senthil_is
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

get lines with multiple values at a position

Hi, I have a file like below: ABC,1001,DEFG,40000 AVD,2002,FGRG,3000 DBF,2002,HDGD,3454 GDF,4564,GRTR,5656 GDF,4659,GGTD,10002 .... ..... I have to get all the lines which contains 2002 and 4659 at the second position. Please help. The output file will be like: ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakgang
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Relace text based on position

Hi, I have a file with data like below a}hasksd09090}kdkdkd aksdkdkdk787}08ksapodd asl}alks13233}dsjskdkd I need to replace any '}' to 0 if it appears in 10 to 15 postions.If } appears in any other postion I need to leave it. So for the above data , output should be a}hasksd090900kdkdkd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dncs
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert case on specified position of flat file

Please help Need a script which will do the following : Search on fixed width file , go to position (25,2) which means 25th and 26th position, Find if there are any char in lower case: For example 25,2 can be (9T) or (9w) or (Ww) or (wW)....The two positions can be numeric or alpha...no... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssantoshss
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pick values from column based on key values by usin AWK

Dear Guyz:) I have 2 different input files like this. I would like to pick the values or letters from the inputfile2 based on inputfile1 keys (A,F,N,X,Z). I have done similar task by using awk but in that case the inputfiles are similar like in inputfile2 (all keys in 1st column and values in... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
16 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace based on an exact position

Trying to use sed - but having no luck. I have a text file - I want to replace whatever character is in position 106, 157 and 237 w/ the string "xxx". Want this change for all lines w/in that text file. I'm open to using awk or whatever command would be best for replacing characters based... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: svn
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to generate a csv files by separating the values from the input file based on position?

Hi All, I need help for doing the following. I have a input file like: aaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb cccbbbbbaaaaaadddddaaaabbbbbbb now I am trying to generate a output csv file where i will have for e.g. 0-3 chars of each line as the first column in the csv, 4-10 chars of the line as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: babom
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and count unique date values in a file based on position

Hello, I need some sort of way to extract every date contained in a file, and count how many of those dates there are. Here are the specifics: The date format I'm looking for is mm/dd/yyyy I only need to look after line 45 in the file (that's where the data begins) The columns of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronan1219
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Column Values to a Range of Values

I have a list of columns with values that I need to transform into a row containing the range of each column. For example: "Column A" 1 2 3 4 10 12 14 15 16 17 18 "Column B" 1 4 5 6 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbio
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a string at a particular position and replace with blank based on position

Hi, I have a file with multiple lines(fixed width dat file). I want to search for '02' in the positions 45-46 and if available, in that lines, I need to replace value in position 359 with blank. As I am new to unix, I am not able to figure out how to do this. Can you please help me to achieve... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradhikshan
9 Replies
SCOLASYNC(1)						       scolasync User Manual						      SCOLASYNC(1)

NAME
scolasync - a file manager dedicated to dealing with a collection of removable media, like music mobile players. It makes easier to copy files to a set of removable media, and to copy files from them. SYNOPSIS
scolasync [{-c | --check}] DESCRIPTION
scolasync allows you to send a series of files towards a set of removable media. Every individual removable storage device is identified, for example to its owner. Then, later, you can retreive modified files from the same collection of removable media and track the modifications attributable to each owner. A possible usage is with students learning a foreign language: they are given homework on their USB sticks, and they bring them back with modified contents to get scores. OPTIONS
-c , --check Enables checkboxes to select a subset of the usb storage media currently plugged to your computer, even if the checkboxes are not wanted in the preferences of the application. FILES
${HOME}/.scolasync/db A database containing the preferences of the application, and the mapping between owners and USB storage media. /usr/share/scolasync/marques.py A dictionary of pecularities which come with some brands of USB storage media. ${HOME}/.scolasync/marques.py This dictionary overrides the settings in the system-wide configuration. ${HOME}/.scolasync/scolasync.log A log file for the application. AUTHOR
Georges Khaznadar <georgesk@ofset.org> Wrote this manpage for the Debian system. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Georges Khaznadar This manual page was written for the Debian system (and may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or (at your option) any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. scolasync 06/23/2012 SCOLASYNC(1)