Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting CSV with commas in field values, remove duplicates, cut columns Post 302580066 by krishnix on Wednesday 7th of December 2011 10:35:37 AM
Old 12-07-2011
CSV with commas in field values, remove duplicates, cut columns

Hi

Description of input file I have:
-------------------------
1) CSV with double quotes for string fields.
2) Some string fields have Comma as part of field value.
3) Have Duplicate lines
4) Have 200 columns/fields
5) File size is more than 10GB

Description of output file I need:
-------------------------------
1) Can be of CSV or Pipe delimited
2) But Comma within field value should remain
3) No Duplicate lines
4) I need only first 150 columns

Code I used till now:
-------------------
Code:
cat file.in | awk -F"," '!($1$2$3 in a){a[$1$2$3];print $0}' | cut -d, -f1-150 > file.out

But with this code, comma's within field value is treated as delimiter.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate commas after exporting excel file to csv

Hello everyone I'm new here and this is my first post so first of all I want to say that this is a great forum and I have managed to found most of my answers in these forums : ) So with that I ask you my first question: I have an excel file which I saved as a csv. However the excel file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spunkerspawn
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to remove extra commas from CSV outp file

Name,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Domain,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Contact,Phone,Email,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Location -----------------------,------------------------------------------------,-------,-----,---------------------------------,------------------------------------ ----... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreenath1037
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicates in csv based on key columns

Hi team, I have 20 columns csv files. i want to find the duplicates in that file based on the column1 column10 column4 column6 coulnn8 coulunm2 . if those columns have same values . then it should be a duplicate record. can one help me on finding the duplicates, Thanks in advance. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baskivs
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicates based on a field's value

Hi All, I have a text file with three columns. I would like a simple script that removes lines in which column 1 has duplicate entries, but use the largest value in column 3 to decide which one to keep. For example: Input file: 12345a rerere.rerere len=23 11111c fsdfdf.dfsdfdsf len=33 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anniecarv
3 Replies

5. Linux

How do I format a Date field of a .CSV file with multiple commas in a string field?

I have a .CSV file (file.csv) whose data are all enclosed in double quotes. Sample format of the file is as below: column1,column2,column3,column4,column5,column6, column7, Column8, Column9, Column10 "12","B000QRIGJ4","4432","string with quotes, and with a comma, and colon: in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to remove duplicates based on field and row

I am trying to see if I can use awk to remove duplicates from a file. This is the file: -==> Listvol <== deleting /vol/eng_rmd_0941 deleting /vol/eng_rmd_0943 deleting /vol/eng_rmd_0943 deleting /vol/eng_rmd_1006 deleting /vol/eng_rmd_1012 rearrange /vol/eng_rmd_0943 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that should remove unnecessary commas between double quotes in CSV file

i have data as below 123,"paul phiri",paul@yahoo.com,"po.box 23, BT","Eco Bank,Blantyre,Malawi" i need an output to be 123,"paul phiri",paul@yahoo.com,"po.box 23 BT","Eco Bank Blantyre Malawi" (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathias23
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match columns from two csv files and update field in one of the csv file

Hi, I have a file of csv data, which looks like this: file1: 1AA,LGV_PONCEY_LES_ATHEE,1,\N,1,00020460E1,0,\N,\N,\N,\N,2,00.22335321,0.00466628 2BB,LES_POUGES_ASF,\N,200,200,00006298G1,0,\N,\N,\N,\N,1,00.30887539,0.00050312... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: djoseph
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove quotes and commas from field

In the attached file I am trying to remove all the "" and , (quotes and commas) from $2 and $3 and the "" (quotes) from $4. I tried the below as a start: awk -F"|" '{gsub(/\,/,X,$2)} 1' OFS="\t" enhancer.txt > comma.txt Thank you :). (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove unwanted commas from a .csv file?

how to remove unwanted commas from a .csv file Input file format "Server1","server-PRI-Windows","PRI-VC01","Microsoft Windows Server 2012, (64-bit)","Powered On","1,696.12","server-GEN-SFCHT2-VMS-R013,server-GEN-SFCHT2-VMS-R031,server-GEN-SFCHT2-VMS-R023"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
5 Replies
TM::Serializable::CSV(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				TM::Serializable::CSV(3pm)

NAME
TM::Serializable::CSV - Topic Maps, trait for parsing (and later dumping) CSV stream SYNOPSIS
# 1) bare bones my $tm = .....; # get a map from somewhere (can be empty) Class::Trait->apply ($tm, "TM::Serializable::CSV"); use Perl6::Slurp; $tm->deserialize (slurp 'myugly.csv'); # 2) exploiting the timed sync in/out mechanism my $tm = new TM::.... (url => 'file:myugly.csv'); # get a RESOURCEABLE map from somewhere $tm->sync_in; DESCRIPTION
This trait provides parsing and dumping from CSV formatted text streams. INTERFACE
Methods deserialize $tm->deserialize ($text) This method consumes the text string passed in and interprets it as CSV formatted information. What topic map information is generated, depends on the header line (the first line): o If the header line contains a field called "association-type", then all rows will be interpreted as assertions. In that the remaining header fields (in that order) are interpreted as roles (role types). For all rows in the CSV stream, the position where the "association-type" field was is ignored. The other fields (in that order) are affiliated with the corresponding roles. Example: association-type,location,bio-unit is-born,gold-coast,rumsti is-born,vienna,ramsti Scoping cannot be controlled. Also all players and roles (obviously) are directly interpreted as identifiers. Subject identifiers and locators are not (yet) implemented. o If the header line contains a field called "id", then all further rows will be interpreted as topic characteristics, with each topic on one line. The column position where the "id" field in the header is will be interpreted as toplet identifier. All further columns will be interpreted according to the following: o If the header column is named "name", the values will be used as topic names. o Otherwise if the value looks like a URI, an occurrence with that URI value will be be added to the topic. o Otherwise an occurrence with a string value will be added to the topic. Example: name,id,location,homepage "Rumsti",rumsti,gold-coast,http://rumsti.com "Ramsti",ramsti,vienna,http://ramsti.com serialize $tm->serialize [Since TM 1.53] This method serializes a fragment of a topic map into CSV. Which fragment can be controlled with the header line and options (see constructor). "header_line" (only for serialization) This string contains a comma separated list (CSV parseable) of headings. If one of the headings is "association-type", then the generated CSV content will contain associations only. Nothing else is implemented yet. The other headings control which roles (and in which order) should be included in the CSV content. If a particular role type has more than one player, then all players are included. NOTE: As this is inconsistent, this will have to change. "type" (only for serialization) If existing, then this controls which association type is to be taken. "baseuri" (only for serialization) If existing and non-zero, the base URI of the map will remain in the identifiers. Otherwise it will be removed. "specification" If existing (and when selecting only associations), this specification will be interpreted in the sense of "asserts" (see TM). Example: $tm->serialize (header_line => 'association-type,location,bio-unit', type => 'is-born', baseuri => 0); SEE ALSO
TM, TM::Serializable AUTHOR INFORMATION
Copyright 2010 Robert Barta. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.10.1 2012-06-05 TM::Serializable::CSV(3pm)