Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: One service, two nodes, HA
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers One service, two nodes, HA Post 302580047 by cero on Wednesday 7th of December 2011 09:14:37 AM
Old 12-07-2011
To minimize the danger of split brain usually more than one channel for heartbeat is used. The HA-clusters I worked with used 3: user-lan, a seperate cluster-lan and disks. With this configuration I never encountered a split brain situation.
Why would you want to change the ip-addresses during a failover? A simple solution for this would be not to make the ip-addresses cluster resources but configure them locally.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i-nodes

first off, i am new to unix so please bear with me. i was reading somewhere that if your i-nodes get critical that it can slow your network down. what are i-nodes and when do they become a critical number? this is what mine states: / (/dev/root ): 777058 blocks 569290 i-nodes... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: djatwork
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nodes

how do you list all the nodes in unix :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamisi
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Managing nodes???

Does anyone know something about this? I have no idea what it means and how to do it. but if anyone can give me and explanation and also point me to a website, i'd really appreciate it (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

du -k shows different size in two nodes

After rcp -rp from remote host, using du -k to verify the file size but total file size have different size. Check on individual file, file size is correct. How can I confirm on the file size after ftp? Pls advise. Thank you. (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
15 Replies

5. High Performance Computing

request more nodes

I am new to cluster commands. But I have tried utilizing: -pe, but I do not know my parallel computing environment. We are running SGE, is there a simpler command to request more nodes? also: qsub -N auto -M name@email.com -m abe auto.sh does not email me at all. Help would be appreciated (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: theawknewbie
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Run one service after another service has finished - systemd

Hi all I would like to know how to run task2.service after task1.service has finished. task1.service has a timer (task1.timer), that makes it run every 5 minutes OnCalendar=*:0/5task2.service is basically a script, that has to work on the files created after task1 has finished. This is what I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guilliber
2 Replies
VOTEQUORUM_OVERVIEW(8)				    Corosync Cluster Engine Programmer's Manual 			    VOTEQUORUM_OVERVIEW(8)

NAME
votequorum_overview - Votequorum Library Overview OVERVIEW
The votequuorum library is delivered with the corosync project. It is the external interface to the vote-based quorum service. This service is optionally loaded into all ndes in a corosync cluster to avoid split-brain situations. It does this by having a number of votes assigned to each system in the cluster and ensuring that only when a majority of the votes are present, cluster operations are allowed to proceed. The library provides a mechanism to: * Query the quorum status * Get a list of nodes known to the quorum service * Receive notifications of quorum state changes * Change the number of votes assigned to a node * Change the number of expected votes for a cluster to be quorate * Connect an additional quorum device to allow small clusters to remain quorate during node outages. votequorum reads its configuration from the objdb. The following keys are read when it starts up: * quorum.expected_votes * quorum.votes * quorum.quorumdev_poll * quorum.disallowed * quorum.two_node Most of those values can be changed while corosync is running with the following exceptions: quorum.disallowed cannot be changed, and two_node cannot be set on-the-fly, though it can be cleared. ie you can start with two nodes in the cluster and add a third without reboot- ing all the nodes. BUGS
This software is not yet production, so there may still be some bugs. SEE ALSO
corosync-quorumtool(8), votequorum_initialize(3), votequorum_finalize(3), votequorum_fd_get(3), votequorum_dispatch(3), votequorum_con- text_get(3), votequorum_context_set(3), corosync Man Page 2009-01-26 VOTEQUORUM_OVERVIEW(8)