Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: One service, two nodes, HA
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers One service, two nodes, HA Post 302580047 by cero on Wednesday 7th of December 2011 09:14:37 AM
Old 12-07-2011
To minimize the danger of split brain usually more than one channel for heartbeat is used. The HA-clusters I worked with used 3: user-lan, a seperate cluster-lan and disks. With this configuration I never encountered a split brain situation.
Why would you want to change the ip-addresses during a failover? A simple solution for this would be not to make the ip-addresses cluster resources but configure them locally.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i-nodes

first off, i am new to unix so please bear with me. i was reading somewhere that if your i-nodes get critical that it can slow your network down. what are i-nodes and when do they become a critical number? this is what mine states: / (/dev/root ): 777058 blocks 569290 i-nodes... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: djatwork
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nodes

how do you list all the nodes in unix :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamisi
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Managing nodes???

Does anyone know something about this? I have no idea what it means and how to do it. but if anyone can give me and explanation and also point me to a website, i'd really appreciate it (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

du -k shows different size in two nodes

After rcp -rp from remote host, using du -k to verify the file size but total file size have different size. Check on individual file, file size is correct. How can I confirm on the file size after ftp? Pls advise. Thank you. (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
15 Replies

5. High Performance Computing

request more nodes

I am new to cluster commands. But I have tried utilizing: -pe, but I do not know my parallel computing environment. We are running SGE, is there a simpler command to request more nodes? also: qsub -N auto -M name@email.com -m abe auto.sh does not email me at all. Help would be appreciated (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: theawknewbie
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Run one service after another service has finished - systemd

Hi all I would like to know how to run task2.service after task1.service has finished. task1.service has a timer (task1.timer), that makes it run every 5 minutes OnCalendar=*:0/5task2.service is basically a script, that has to work on the files created after task1 has finished. This is what I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guilliber
2 Replies
DSHBAK(1)						      General Commands Manual							 DSHBAK(1)

NAME
dshbak - format output from pdsh command SYNOPSIS
dshbak [OPTION].. DESCRIPTION
The dshbak program formats pdsh pdsh output for humans. Output from each node is consolidated, the leading "node:" is stripped, and a header block with the node name is added. If the -c option is specified, nodes with identical output are not displayed twice; instead, the header will contain a list of nodes. The list of nodes is further compressed into node ranges if the node names have a numeric suffix. OPTIONS
-h Display a summary of command line options. -c Do not display identical output from nodes twice. Instead, print the list of nodes with matching output in the header block. -d DIR Write consolidated node output to separate files in output directory DIR. Any existing files will be overwritten. -f With -d, force creation of specified DIR. ORIGIN
A rewrite of IBM dshbak(1) by Jim Garlick <garlick@llnl.gov> on LLNL's ASCI Blue-Pacific IBM SP system. SEE ALSO
pdsh(1) http://pdsh.googlecode.com 2011-02-26 DSHBAK(1)