Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Doubt in integer comparison
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Doubt in integer comparison Post 302579979 by balajesuri on Wednesday 7th of December 2011 06:28:58 AM
Old 12-07-2011
Both would work on a recent version of bash, probably a version more than 3.

Otherwise use the old syntax:
Code:
if [ $x -gt 5 ]
then
    echo "hello"
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

comparison between pointer and integer

I received a warning when I tried to compile my program that said: warning: comparison between pointer and integer Could you please explain to me what this means, and in what ways I could possibly fix this? Thanks for your help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sjung10
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Integer check (again)...

I have search the forum for an easier way to write this code. I have two separate 'if' to do this and it works but am wondering if someone knows a quick way to combine them. I want anything between 1 and 100 but not '01' or '005', '0010', etc. if ) ]] || ]; then echo "Try... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giannicello
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparison doubt..

Hi, /etc/fstab file contains: ================== cluster_root#root / advfs rw 0 1 cluster_usr#usr /usr advfs rw 0 2 cluster_var#var /var advfs rw 0 2 /proc /proc procfs rw 0 0 t_d#t_f /t_m advfs rw 0 2 /dev/disk/dsk1c /ufs_mnt ufs ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansa
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex for for integer from 0-7 except 2

Hi, I am trying to use a regular exp to match any number between 0 and 7 except 2...... I am using: echo $myvar | egrep "{1}{1}" Which isnt working.... Please can someone help? Thanks yonderboy (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: yonderboy
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

integer comparison in ksh

Hi, I am just trying to compare integer in ksh. can you please tell me what's wrong with this code... or give me suggestions on alternative. sample code: i=0; if ; then echo inside if fi Thanks in advance! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nram_krishna@ya
6 Replies

6. Solaris

How to Use a Variable as Integer?

hello, i am writing a script that takes the UID from the PASSWD and then i want to increse the Number by one. for the Next user. i cannot get this to work that a variable is as interger example: set i = 0 set $i = $+1 it's in tcsh if it's mather (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shatztal
10 Replies

7. Programming

warning: comparison between pointer and integer

Hi guys :D I am still playing with my C handbook and yes, as you can see I have small problem as always :cool: I wrote a C code #include <stdio.h> #define MESSAGE 100 int main(void) { char input_mes - Pastebin.com And when I try to compile it I get following errors from gcc ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Counting vowels in string. "Comparison pointer-integer".

I'm trying to write a programme which scans strings to find how many vowels they contain. I get an error saying that I'm trying to compare a pointer and an integer inif(*v == scanme){. How can I overcome this ? Also, the programme seems to scan only the first word of a string e.g.: if I type "abc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fakuse
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to compare string integer with an integer?

hi, how to I do this? i="4.000" if ; then echo "smaller" fi how do I convert the "4.000" to 4? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] String integer comparison

I am trying to execute something like this file=/tmp/test.txt firstline=$(head -n 1 $file) value=`echo $firstline | cut -d'=' -f2` if then echo true fi i read the first line of a file, cut to the numeric value in the first line and check if it greater than 2 but for some... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhan_dc
11 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)