Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Script to ignore # and take corresponding user and group Post 302579956 by felipe.vinturin on Wednesday 7th of December 2011 05:28:54 AM
Old 12-07-2011
Please, put an example of the output for the input above!

It is not clear what you want (at least to me!).

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to rename a group of files

Hello, I am having 1800 files in a directory with a specified format, like amms_850o_prod.000003uNy amms_850o_prod.000003u8x amms_850o_prod.000003taP amms_850o_prod.000003tKy amms_850o_prod.000003si4 amms_850o_prod.000003sTP amms_850o_prod.000003sBg amms_850o_prod.000003rvx... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: atlantis
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to ignore the user from list of users

Hi, I have a situation where I want to ignore few users from list of users and print rest of user in log file. say, I want to ignore aaa, bbb, ccc, ddd .. ppp from list of 20 user (do not want to include) What is the good command or any script? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumit30
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignore lines in Shell Script

Hi, I have a shell script, which reads a *.txt file - line by line. In this text file, I have some lines beginning with "#" that I want to ignore : MY_FILE #blah blah blah 1 blah blah blah 2 blah blah blah 3 #blah blah blah 4 I want my script to read only the following lines... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

New To UNIX - Need Script to create report of user & group accounts

Hi, I'm new to the world of UNIX and have been asked to create a complex script (at least complex to me:confused:) for AIX UNIX to create a report of all the users on the server including server, user, UID, groups, GID, etc. Found a script using lsuser, but the output is still lacking. 2 things I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: panthur
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignore Folder in Shell Script ?

Hi, I currently use a script to extract *.deb files located in a Directory called "/var/mobile/Media/Downloads" The Problem is howver I want the script to ignore the folder: "/var/mobile/Media/Downloads/New Debs and Files" (it shall NOT decompile any of the files in that folder. Here is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

User is a Part of a Group But Group Details Do Not Show the User

Hi, In the following output you can see the the user "richard" is a member on the team/group "developers": # id richard uid=10247(richard) gid=100361(developers) groups=100361(developers),10053(testers) but in the following details of the said group (developers), the said user... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indiansoil
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script - group by

Hi, I have text file as shown below. root 25 oracle 25 batch 30 griduser 32 admin 35 root 25 oracle 25 batch 30 griduser 32 oracle 25 batch 30 griduser 32 xuser 45 admin 35 I want to group by based on user name, and the output need to be as below. Not necessary the username to be... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: baladelaware73
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Emulate group-by in shell script

Hello All, I saw this problem on one of the forum and solved it using group-by in oracle sql, though I am a bit curious to implement it using shell script : There is a file having number of operations : Opeation,Time-Taken operation1,83621 operation2,72321 operation3,13288... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to ignore mutiple strings when using shell script?

Hi All, I am trying to use below syntax to find ignore multiple locations while searching for a file. find / -name "$serviceitem" ! -size 0 2>&1 |egrep -v "tmp|docker|WinSxS|Permission|HISTORY|alternatives|bearer11ssl|manifest" I tried to assign all the ignore strings to one variable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravani25
2 Replies
MSGATTRIB(1)								GNU							      MSGATTRIB(1)

NAME
msgattrib - attribute matching and manipulation on message catalog SYNOPSIS
msgattrib [OPTION] [INPUTFILE] DESCRIPTION
Filters the messages of a translation catalog according to their attributes, and manipulates the attributes. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. Input file location: INPUTFILE input PO file -D, --directory=DIRECTORY add DIRECTORY to list for input files search If no input file is given or if it is -, standard input is read. Output file location: -o, --output-file=FILE write output to specified file The results are written to standard output if no output file is specified or if it is -. Message selection: --translated keep translated, remove untranslated messages --untranslated keep untranslated, remove translated messages --no-fuzzy remove 'fuzzy' marked messages --only-fuzzy keep 'fuzzy' marked messages --no-obsolete remove obsolete #~ messages --only-obsolete keep obsolete #~ messages Attribute manipulation: --set-fuzzy set all messages 'fuzzy' --clear-fuzzy set all messages non-'fuzzy' --set-obsolete set all messages obsolete --clear-obsolete set all messages non-obsolete --clear-previous remove the "previous msgid" from all messages --only-file=FILE.po manipulate only entries listed in FILE.po --ignore-file=FILE.po manipulate only entries not listed in FILE.po --fuzzy synonym for --only-fuzzy --clear-fuzzy --obsolete synonym for --only-obsolete --clear-obsolete Input file syntax: -P, --properties-input input file is in Java .properties syntax --stringtable-input input file is in NeXTstep/GNUstep .strings syntax Output details: -e, --no-escape do not use C escapes in output (default) -E, --escape use C escapes in output, no extended chars --force-po write PO file even if empty -i, --indent write the .po file using indented style --no-location do not write '#: filename:line' lines -n, --add-location generate '#: filename:line' lines (default) --strict write out strict Uniforum conforming .po file -p, --properties-output write out a Java .properties file --stringtable-output write out a NeXTstep/GNUstep .strings file -w, --width=NUMBER set output page width --no-wrap do not break long message lines, longer than the output page width, into several lines -s, --sort-output generate sorted output -F, --sort-by-file sort output by file location Informative output: -h, --help display this help and exit -V, --version output version information and exit AUTHOR
Written by Bruno Haible. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-gnu-gettext@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001-2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html> This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for msgattrib is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and msgattrib programs are properly installed at your site, the command info msgattrib should give you access to the complete manual. GNU gettext-tools 0.17 November 2007 MSGATTRIB(1)