Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Signalsafe data structures
Top Forums Programming Signalsafe data structures Post 302579931 by JohnGraham on Wednesday 7th of December 2011 04:17:17 AM
Old 12-07-2011
The general way to deal with this is: don't. In your signal handler, do as little work as possible - i.e. set/increment a flag to let your program know the signal has been caught, and do the work from the main body of the code.

In the case of incrementing a flag, you might want to have a look at __sync_fetch_and_add() and such in the gcc documentation - do a search for "gcc atomic builtins".

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Recommendations For Generic C Data Structures & Algorithms

Hi All, Rather than re-invent the wheel, I am trying to find a mature C library that provides generic support for lists, trees, etc. I understand C doesn't formally support "generics", but am aware of a few solutions like GLib and SGLib. Can anyone kindly recommend what they think is best?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tristan12
1 Replies

2. Programming

shared memory - userdefined data structures

Hello, I wonder if I can write my userdefined data structures(ex: a list) to a shared memory segment? I know, the shm functions get (void*) parameter so I should be able to read and write a list into the shared memory. may someone inform and clarify me about that, please? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xyzt
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Data Structures

Here is what i need to do. @data #has all column wise data so say info for col 1 location for all rows would be in this array $array = \@data But i need to create a file which should contain these information in a format for all columns even if i have got no values from some of the index... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
0 Replies
ARRAY_FLIP(3)								 1							     ARRAY_FLIP(3)

array_flip - Exchanges all keys with their associated values in an array

SYNOPSIS
array array_flip (array $array) DESCRIPTION
array_flip(3) returns an array in flip order, i.e. keys from $array become values and values from $array become keys. Note that the values of $array need to be valid keys, i.e. they need to be either integer or string. A warning will be emitted if a value has the wrong type, and the key/value pair in question will not be included in the result. If a value has several occurrences, the latest key will be used as its value, and all others will be lost. PARAMETERS
o $array - An array of key/value pairs to be flipped. RETURN VALUES
Returns the flipped array on success and NULL on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 array_flip(3) example <?php $input = array("oranges", "apples", "pears"); $flipped = array_flip($input); print_r($flipped); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [oranges] => 0 [apples] => 1 [pears] => 2 ) Example #2 array_flip(3) example : collision <?php $input = array("a" => 1, "b" => 1, "c" => 2); $flipped = array_flip($input); print_r($flipped); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [1] => b [2] => c ) SEE ALSO
array_values(3), array_keys(3), array_reverse(3). PHP Documentation Group ARRAY_FLIP(3)