Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Integer expression expected error in script Post 302579918 by Skrynesaver on Wednesday 7th of December 2011 03:42:38 AM
Old 12-07-2011
What parameters do you call the script with? If either $1 or $2 were non numeric I would expect this output from the -lt test

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

integer expression expected error

I'm a beginner so I might make beginner mistakes. I want to count the "#define" directives in every .C file I get the following errors: ./lab1.sh: line 5: ndef: command not found ./lab1.sh: line 6: #!/bin/sh for x in *. do ndef = 'grep -c \#define $x' if ; then ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dark_knight
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

integer expression expected error crontab only

I created a bash script that ran fine for awhile on a nightly crontab but then started crashing with commands not found, so I added PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/home/homedir/scripts/myscriptdir export PATH and now I don't get those errors, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
2 Replies

3. Fedora

"integer expression expected" error with drive space monitoring script

Hi guys, I am still kinda new to Linux. Script template I found on the net and adapted for our environment: #!/bin/sh #set -x ADMIN="admin@mydomain.com" ALERT=10 df -H | grep -vE '^Filesystem|tmpfs|cdrom' | awk '{ print $5 " " $1 }' | while read output; do #echo $output ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display Error [: : integer expression expected

i have lunix 5.4 i make script to tack the export from database 11g by oracle user the oracle sheel is /bin/bash when run this script display this error ./daily_xport_prod: line 36: the daily_xport_prod script #! /bin/sh # ORACLE_HOME=/u01/appl/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1 export... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_salah
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

New to shellscripting error: ./emailnotifications.sh: line 43: [: FH: integer expression expected

Hi , I'm a beginner in unix shell scripting need help in rectifying an error Source file :test.txt with Header ------ ----- Trailer ex: FH201010250030170000000000000000 abc def jke abr ded etf FE2 I was validating whether the header begin... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dudd9
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

if script error: integer expression expected

Hi, i am making a simple program with a optional -t as the 3rd parameter. Submit course assignment -t dir In the script, i wrote: #!/bin/bash echo "this is course: ${1}" echo "this is assignment #: ${2}" echo "late? : ${3}" if then echo "this is late" fi but this gives me a :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: leonmerc
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer expression expected: with regular expression

CA_RELEASE has a value of 6. I need to check if that this is a numeric value. if not error. source $CA_VERSION_DATA if * ] then echo "CA_RELESE $CA_RELEASE is invalid" exit -1 fi + source /etc/ncgl/ca_version_data ++ CA_PRODUCT_ID=samxts ++ CA_RELEASE=6 ++ CA_WEEK_NO=7 ++... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketkee1985
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error: integer expression expected

root@server01 # df -h | grep /tmp | awk {'print $3}' 252M root@server01 # root@server01 # cat /usr/local/tmpchk.sh #!/bin/sh x=`df -h | grep /tmp | awk {'print $3}'` if ; then rm -fr /tmp/somefolder/ else echo "its small" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

if condition error: integer expression expected

I am trying to run following condition with both variables having numeric values "1,2,3" if ;when i run it i get following error: $NEW_STATE: integer expression expected Please correct me where I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to check either New State is greater or Old state.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashif.live
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting error in bash script; expr $a + 1: integer expression expected

Hi, I am new to shell/bash script. I am trying to run below script #!/bin/bash a=0 b=10 if then echo "a is equal to be" else echo "a is not equal to be" fi MAX=10 while do echo $a a='expr $a + 1' done (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mallikgm
1 Replies
EXIM_CONVERT4R4(8)					      System Manager's Manual						EXIM_CONVERT4R4(8)

NAME
exim_convert4r4 - Convert Exim configuration from v3 to v4 format SYNOPSIS
exim_convert4r4 DESCRIPTION
This script is provided to assist in updating Exim configuration files. It reads an Exim 3 configuration file on the standard input, and writes a modified file on the standard output. It also writes comments about what it has done to the standard error file. It assumes that the input is a valid Exim 3 configuration file. A typical call to the conversion script might be exim_convert4r4 < /etc/exim/exim.conf > /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.new The output file MUST be checked and tested before trying to use it on a live system. The conversion script is just an aid which does a lot of the "grunt work". It does not guarantee to produce an Exim 4 configuration that behaves exactly the same as the Exim 3 configuration it reads. Each option change in the new file is preceded by an identifying comment. In fact, the conversion script tends to make quite a mess of your configuration, and you should expect to go through it afterwards and tidy it up by hand. Unless you are running a very straightforward configuration, the automatic conversion is likely to generate a non-optimal configuration. You should not only check it thoroughly, but also run as many tests as you can, to ensure that it is working as you expect. In particular, you should test address routing, using -bt and -bv, and the policy controls, using -bh. If possible, you should also do some live tests (i.e. send and receive some messages) before putting Exim 4 into service. If you have a very complicated configuration, it is possible that exim_convert4r4 will break it in some situations, which is why thorough testing is strongly recommended. BUGS
This manual page needs a major re-work. If somebody knows better groff than us and has more experience in writing manual pages, any patches would be greatly appreciated. SEE ALSO
exim(8), the files in /usr/share/doc/exim4-base/, especially Exim4.upgrade.gz AUTHOR
This manual page was stitched together from Exim4.upgrade by Andreas Metzler <ametzler at downhill.at.eu.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). March 26, 2003 EXIM_CONVERT4R4(8)