Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: [SOLVED] Script error
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [SOLVED] Script error Post 302579878 by zaxxon on Wednesday 7th of December 2011 02:08:51 AM
Old 12-07-2011
Try:
Code:
SCRNAME=`/bin/ksh -c "whence $0" | sed -e 's/\.\///g'`

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[solved] Script creation (how to include options in the script)

Hi guys i have written a script which takes the options given to him and execute itself accordingly. for example if a script name is doctortux then executing doctortux without option should made doctortux to be executed in automatic mode i.e. doctortux -a or if a doctortux is needed to run in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[solved] Error Executing the script.

# cat SERVERNAMES 10.180.8.231 10.180.8.232 10.180.8.233 10.180.8.234 10.180.8.235 10.180.8.236 10.180.8.237 10.180.8.238 10.180.9.239 fn_Exit() { echo "Machine Doesnt exist" exit 1 #exit shell script } (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] <<EOF error checking

I am trying to check the return status of a command thats encapsulated in an <<EOF #!/bin/ksh set -x xxx() { set -x ls -lt /tmp/jdlkewjdlkewjdlkewjdlewjdlew<<EOT ret=$? EOT echo "ret=$ret" } >>$LOG 2>&1 LOG=/tmp/t2.out rm -rf $LOG echo "Starting process `date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] While tomcat shutting down getting error

While tomcat shutting down getting the below error. Error occurred during initialization of VM Could not reserve enough space for code cache CATALINA_OPTS="-verbose:gc -Xloggc:gc.log -XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:MaxPermSize=24M -Xms256M -Xmx512M -Djava.awt.headless=true -XX:-UseCompressedOops... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuxslonik
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Looking for script running before I run script again

Good afternoon! I have a script in cron that runs every ten minutes. Normally it only takes a minute or so to complete. However there are times when the amount of data it is looking at is large, and it has taken 20 minutes. So I want for it to look for the script before it starts. I was... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: brianjb
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Error While Using "Basename" in the Script

Hello All My Requirement is to Delete files in a particular directory based on its extension. So for that i have piece of Code down below horo=`date +%Y%m%d` logfile=/temp/log.file.$horo date >> $logfile for fulldir in 'ls -ld /temp/strs/*' do dir=`basename $fulldir` case $dir in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajesh
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Error while updating the crontab

When I update the crontab, I get error message. Any idea? 0 0-23 * * * /usr/local/scripts/monitor.sh > /dev/null ( BEFORE) */5 * * * * /usr/local/scripts/monitor.sh > /dev/null (Now) it doesn't allow me to save the work. Error message... crontab: */5 * * * *... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Data error need to fix

Hi Guys, I`m having a strange problem with my data set. Whenever there is a transition to another value is col1, the corresponding 3rd col goes to the next line. This is a huge file, so need to fix in a script. The file is tab delimited. Here is what is happening when transitioning from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gina.lizar
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Running a R script with in a shell script

Hi, I do have an R script named KO.R. Basically reads thousands of files, whose name has a pattern that differs at a portion of the file name, List.txt. Row_file1_mile.txt Row_file2_mile.txt Row_file3_mile.txt ... ... Row_file1000_mile.txt Below is a portion of my Rscript that reads... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kanja
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Error in script while counting processes

Hi all, Below is a script I'm writing and giving me error: #!/usr/bin/sh if ; then echo "Success!" else echo "Failure!" fi Normally if I do ps -ef|grep dw.sap|wc -l it gives me output of 18. So my script checks if it's greater than 17 it echoes success else failure ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: frum
5 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)