Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to delete 1 record in large file! Post 302579877 by michaelrozar17 on Wednesday 7th of December 2011 02:07:25 AM
Old 12-07-2011
With grep
Code:
grep -v 'nikki2$' inputfile > outfile

This User Gave Thanks to michaelrozar17 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete a record from a csv file

Hi Guys I have downloaded a table from oracle database in .csv format. it has many fields as Title, First Name, Last Name etc. I have to download distinct titles from database and now i have to check all those titles from data of First Name one by one. and then i have to delete matched record.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajeev Agrawal
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete a single record from a file

Hello all, Is there a function for deleting a single record from a file? Thanks in advance... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: klafte
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to delete a large file in sco openserver 6

How does one delete a large file say file.txt of size 4331456 blocks (2217697280 bytes) in a directory in sco openserver 6 ... Upon executing the command # rm file.txt the error message is as below ... rm: file.txt non-existent: Value too large for defined data type (error 79) any help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jksah
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete \n in a large file with sed

Hello i have a big file with a specific format and delimiter is "§" : §field1§$field2§$field3§$field4§$field5§$field6§$field§ in this file we have a field which are very long (more than 20000 chars !!!!) so through vi i cant manipulate them. despite this i managed to suppress lines that... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ade05fr
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete first record from all the file?

hi All, need help...!! I want to delete header record from all the files in current directory. using sed command i can delete first record from a file but i want to delete first record from all the files so can anybosy help me how can i do this? I will appreciate your help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NirajThakar
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete text from each record in a file

Hi guys, I have been given a small task to do and I am stuck already. I have to format a file with people's emails address in it ready for pasting into the BCC section of an email. The file looks like this:- bob@ibm.com SMTP BOB SMITH text text text sue@icl.org SMTP Susy Smith text text... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: joe_evans
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk not working on a large record file

Hi All, I have a very large single record file. abc;date||bcd;efg|......... pqr;stu||record_count;date when i do wc -l on this file it gives me "0" records, coz of missing line feed. my problem is there is an extra pipe that is coming at the end of this record like... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gurkamal83
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete last 2 fields from every record in a file

Sample file record : "20130617003","2013-06-18T07:00:03","OUTWARD","01001011","TEST PLC","","HFX834346364364","20130617","10","DUM87534758","","1.28","826","020201","65879278","","","","","","010101","56789","DUMMY... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigbuk
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a large file in n records and skip a particular record

Hello All, I have a large file, more than 50,000 lines, and I want to split it in even 5000 records. Which I can do using sed '1d;$d;' <filename> | awk 'NR%5000==1{x="F"++i;}{print > x}'Now I need to add one more condition that is not to break the file at 5000th record if the 5000th record... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibmtech
20 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to split large file with different record delimiter?

Hi, I have received a file which is 20 GB. We would like to split the file into 4 equal parts and process it to avoid memory issues. If the record delimiter is unix new line, I could use split command either with option l or b. The problem is that the line terminator is |##| How to use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi.K
5 Replies
GNUNET-NAMESTORE(1)					      General Commands Manual					       GNUNET-NAMESTORE(1)

NAME
gnunet-namestore - manipulate GNUnet zones SYNOPSIS
gnunet-namestore [options]-zZONEFILE DESCRIPTION
gnunet-namestore can be used to create and manipulate a GNS zone. OPTIONS
-a, --add Desired operation is adding a record -c FILENAME, --config=FILENAME Use the configuration file FILENAME. -d, --delete Desired operation is deleting a record -D, --display Desired operation is listing of matching records -e TIME, --expiration=TIME Specifies expiration time of record to add; format is relative time, i.e "1 h" or "7 d 30 m". Supported units are "ms", "s", "min" or "minutes", "h" (hours), "d" (days) and "a" (years). -h, --help Print short help on options. -L LOGLEVEL, --loglevel=LOGLEVEL Use LOGLEVEL for logging. Valid values are DEBUG, INFO, WARNING and ERROR. -n NAME, --name=NAME Name of the record to add/delete/display -t TYPE, --type=TYPE Type of the record to add/delete/display (i.e. "A", "AAAA", "NS", "PKEY", "MX" etc.) -v, --version Print GNUnet version number. -V VALUE, --value=VALUE Value to store or remove from the GNS zone. Specific format depends on the record type. A records expect a dotted decimal IPv4 address, AAAA records an IPv6 address, PKEY a public key in GNUnet's printable format, and CNAME and NS records should be a domain name. -z FILENAME, --zonekey=FILENAME Specifies the filename with the private key for the zone (mandatory option) BUGS
Report bugs by using Mantis <https://gnunet.org/bugs/> or by sending electronic mail to <gnunet-developers@gnu.org> SEE ALSO
gnunet-gns(1) GNUnet Mar 5, 2012 GNUNET-NAMESTORE(1)