Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Size of files which are older than x days Post 302579759 by rakeshkumar on Tuesday 6th of December 2011 01:03:23 PM
Old 12-06-2011
Size of files which are older than x days

Hi

I want to find the total space used by the files which are older than x days
Code:

find ./ -type f -mtime +x-days -name "G00*" -exec du {} \; | awk '{total+=$1}END{print "TOTAL" total}'

Total prints as 17.20 MB ( total / 1024*2 )

But actual size of it will be around 18.5 GB appx. i have tried with ls -l 5th parameter but no use

How can i determine space used by files which are x days old .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing files older than 7 days

Script help, I need to delete files that are older than 7 days. I do that automatically but I know that a cron job can do the job for me. Any help is greatly appreciated, as you can see, I am a DOS or WINDOWS guy. Little on UNIX. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: texasoeb
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding cumulative size of files older than certain days

Hi All, I've got a ton of files in a particular directory. I want to find pdf files older than 30 days in that directory and then the cumulative size of those files. Ex: find /home/jk/a -name "*.pdf" -mtime +30 consider it finds the below 4 files. /home/jk/a/1.pdf /home/jk/a/2.pdf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohan076
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Copying files older then 2 days

Hi everyone :) I have a little question here, at my work, we have a system running Solaris 10 - with an attached EMC SAN, the SAN is running out of space, and we are moveing the data to a new EVA SAN. The problem here is, that there are over 35.000.000 files on the system, and constantly 30... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Skovsen
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Delete files older than 30 days

Hi all, I want to delete log files with extension .log which are older than 30 days. How to delete those files? Operating system -- Sun solaris 10 Your input is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Regards, Williams (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: William1482
2 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Find files older than 10 days

What command arguments I can use in unix to list files older than 10 days in my current directory, but I don't want to list the hidden files. find . -type f -mtime +15 -print will work but, it is listing all the hidden files., which I don't want. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

List the files which are older than 7 days

Hi Frnds, I have to list the files which are older than 7 days in the given directory. it should consider only the files and should not show subdirectories. Thanks, Raja (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smr_rashmy
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

removing files older than n days

Hi, on AIX 6.1, is there any commande line to remove the files older than n days in a directory ? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find files older than 30 days old

Hello, I have a script which finds files in a directory that are older than 30 days and remove them. The problem is that these files are too many and when i run this command: find * -mtime +30 | xargs rm I run this command inside the directory and it returns the error: /usr/bin/find:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Files older than 50 days

Hi All, OS :- HP-UX wm5qa B.11.23 U ia64 1119805695 unlimited-user license I need to search files older than 50 days. I've used following command in order to search desired files, I also discoverd, it's showing today's files as well. Do you have any clue with this ? wmqa1> find .... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alok.behria
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files older than 10 days.

Hello all, I want to list the files older than 10 days. Currently am using find ./ -mtime +10 -exec ls -ltr {} \; command. But I want to execute the same command in 16 directories at a time and want an output asking to remove those file? Please help me to design the script. regards, Ajay (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 02Ajay
3 Replies
TOTAL(1)						      General Commands Manual							  TOTAL(1)

NAME
total - sum up columns SYNOPSIS
total [ -m ][ -sE | -p | -u | -l ][ -i{f|d}[N] ][ -o{f|d} ][ -tC ][ -N [ -r ]] [ file .. ] DESCRIPTION
Total sums up columns of real numbers from one or more files and prints out the result on its standard output. By default, total computes the straigt sum of each input column, but multiplication can be specified instead with the -p option. Likewise, the -u option means find the upper limit (maximum), and -l means find the lower limit (minimum). Sums of powers can be computed by giving an exponent with the -s option. (Note that there is no space between the -s and the exponent.) This exponent can be any real number, positive or negative. The absolute value of the input is always taken before the power is computed in order to avoid complex results. Thus, -s1 will produce a sum of absolute values. The default power (zero) is interpreted as a straight sum without taking absolute values. The -m option can be used to compute the mean rather than the total. For sums, the arithmetic mean is computed. For products, the geomet- ric mean is computed. (A logarithmic sum of absolute values is used to avoid overflow, and zero values are silently ignored.) If the input data is binary, the -id or -if option may be given for 64-bit double or 32-bit float values, respectively. Either option may be followed immediately by an optional count, which defaults to 1, indicating the number of double or float binary values to read per record on the input file. (There can be no space between the option and this count.) Similarly, the -od and -of options specify binary double or float output, respectively. These options do not need a count, as this will be determined by the number of input channels. A count can be given as the number of lines to read before computing a result. Normally, total reads each file to its end before producing its result, but this behavior may be overridden by inserting blank lines in the input. For each blank input line, total produces a result as if the end-of-file had been reached. If two blank lines immediately follow each other, total closes the file and proceeds to the next one (after reporting the result). The -N option (where N is a decimal integer) tells total to produce a result and reset the calculation after every N input lines. In addition, the -r option can be specified to override reinitialization and thus give a running total every N lines (or every blank line). If the end of file is reached, the current total is printed and the calculation is reset before the next file (with or without the -r option). The -tC option can be used to specify the input and output tab character. The default tab character is TAB. If no files are given, the standard input is read. EXAMPLE
To compute the RMS value of colon-separated columns in a file: total -t: -m -s2 input To produce a running product of values from a file: total -p -1 -r input BUGS
If the input files have varying numbers of columns, mean values will certainly be off. Total will ignore missing column entries if the tab separator is a non-white character, but cannot tell where a missing column should have been if the tab character is white. AUTHOR
Greg Ward SEE ALSO
cnt(1), neaten(1), rcalc(1), rlam(1), tabfunc(1) RADIANCE
2/3/95 TOTAL(1)