Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Maximum unsuccessful attempts in unix Post 302579719 by vbe on Tuesday 6th of December 2011 11:32:55 AM
Old 12-06-2011
Quite sure it is more than "might depend"... Smilie
For HP-UX it can depend, depending of OS version of if the server is "trusted" or not also...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unsuccessful compilation of TOP s/w

Hi, I did the following : /usr/local/bin/gcc -DHAVE_GETOPT -DORDER -DHAVE_STRERROR -c top.c and I got these error messages : /usr/ccs/bin/as: "/var/tmp/ccZcR4Mm.s", line 1936: error: unknown opcode ".subsection" /usr/ccs/bin/as: "/var/tmp/ccZcR4Mm.s", line 1936: error: statement... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dawn_lwf
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Maximum 3 login attempts

Hi, I notice in my Sun Solaris 8 sparc workstation, if I failed my login in the 5th time, I will be closed the connection from the host. I want to make 3 times. That is, if user fails to login with 3 attempts, he will be closed the connection. How to do it? Of course I am the admin of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: champion
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

user password keeps "unsuccessful attempts"

i had a user who informed that when he tried to login he got this " too many unsuccessful attepmpts" this has happened regularly and he did not forget his password. i suspect that somebody tried to change. so i did some checks. i did a last, and found that nobody uses this sipo other than... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix and the maximum number of processes under a 386 box.

Hi ! I would like to know if Unix could launch more than 8192 processes , which is the maximum number of LDTs on a 386 box. Is this done by swapping some memory on the disk ? Thanks for your answers. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: krhamidou
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Maximum size of a file in unix

What's the maximum file size supported by unix. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagalenoj
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is the maximum length of th os-command line in Unix.

Hi All, I didn't find any thread that match this question so I hope it's not redundant. I am totally new to Unix. I want to know what is the maximum length of the os-commandline in Unix. Will it cause any problem if I run any application whose total path length is much longer than 256... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumardesai
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix shell script for finding top ten files of maximum size

I need to write a Unix shell script which will list top 10 files in a directory tree on basis of size. i.e. first file should be the biggest in the whole directory and all its sub directories. Please suggest any ideas (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhilashnair
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

swremove unsuccessful case handling

i am using the command "swremove productname".... How can i check the unsucceful condition?.... i want to say "if unsuccessful display that message to the user and exit".... Can anu one help me??.... i am coding in this script for the first time so please dont mind... THanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rag84dec
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is the maximum length of a unix shell variable which can be can passed to plsql

what is the maximum length of a unix shell variable which can be can passed to plsql variable:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alokjyotibal
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get successful/unsuccessful FTP logs in UNIX

Hi, We have one UNIX Server (Sun Solaris), and the files coming to this server from another server. The problem is, that server is continously sending files to our server via FTP. But the observation is that some files missing in our Server but in that server it shows the files FTPed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikash.rastogi
2 Replies
SHAPE_DEPEND(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   SHAPE_DEPEND(1)

NAME
shape_depend - shapeTools RMS determine source-include dependencies SYNOPSIS
shape depend [VERSIONS=<selection_rule>] [variants] DESCRIPTION
The shape release management system requires for each node system a file named Dependencies, listing the source-derived dependencies of the node components. shape depend automatically determines these dependencies and creates an appropriate Dependencies file. The dependencies have the form of regular Makefile target-dependents lines without associated build action. Note: shape depend only works for development of C programs. It additionally requires a C compiler supporting the -M (generate Makefile dependencies) option. If this is not the case in your development project, you must either rewrite the action associated with the depend target (in $(SHAPELIBPATH)/stdtargets) or maintain the Dependencies files manually. The VERSIONS macro defines the version selection rule to be used. Default is most_recent. See shape_stdrul(7) or the $(SHAPELIB- PATH)/stdrules file for other possible settings. You may also use self defined version selection rules as VERSIONS rule. If your development environment contains variant definitions, in especially variant definitions that modify the list of source components to be used during a build operation, you may also need to specify one or more variants to be set. The project wide variant raster is defined in $(SHAPELIBPATH)/stdvar. Check this file and the default variant settings in your Shapefile before invoking shape depend. INCONVENIENCES
Regeneration of the Dependencies file due to structural changes of the node system has to be triggered manually. Shape RMS doesn't recog- nize such changes. Variant specific Dependencies files (necessary when simultaneousky developing structurally different variants) are not supported. In this case you have to run shape depend prior to each build action. FILES
$(SHAPELIBPATH)/stdrules $(SHAPELIBPATH)/stdtargets $(SHAPELIBPATH)/stdvar SEE ALSO
shape_RMS (1) 24.8.119 SHAPE_DEPEND(1)