Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris Question - How to find outgoing traffic on UDP ports Post 302579705 by Skrynesaver on Tuesday 6th of December 2011 11:12:10 AM
Old 12-06-2011
netstat -a to see what UDP ports are open.

netstat -sd to get a summary of the traffic

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

check inbound traffic on ports

Hello, I'm new to the forum and would like to know how to check inbound traffic on various port numbers. I would also like to know how to open and close various ports on a unix box running solaris 8. Thanks in advance. sunoracle (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunoracle
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

check inbound traffic on ports

Hello, I'm new to the forum and would like to know how to check inbound traffic on various port numbers. I would also like to know how to open and close various ports on a unix box running solaris 8. Thanks in advance. sunoracle (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunoracle
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TCP/UDP Ports

Just starting to work with unix, wondering if there is any good on-line documentation explaining TCP/UDP ports, how to use them, etc... Thanks.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eugene_mayo
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

TCP/UDP Ports

Just wondering if anyone knows of any good on-line documentation on TCP/UDP Ports. Basically i want to know how to check if they are in use, learn how to close them, etc... Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eugene_mayo
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help for configuring outgoing mail in Solaris 9

G'day, I've a solaris 9 box that I want to configure so that users can send out mails to internet. How can I do it? Can someone pls list me the steps or direct me to a detailed website. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Albert J.
1 Replies

6. Linux

how I can find size of incoming or outgoing data

Hi, I'm using SLES10, I want to know the user size of the data that is downloaded or uploaded the data who connects to the server. In other words, a user utilization of my server in terms of size. Thanks, Kris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krisdasword
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Blocking outgoing connection to ports/host in solaris

Hi, I want to block all outgoing connection ( the IMAP ) to my exchnage . I have to do it in my solaris server; from solaris host no outgoing connection can be made to the imap server. Please help me to configure that. I am new in solaris. Kind regards, Akhtar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akhtarbd
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Using netstats (differentiate incoming vs outgoing traffic)

Hi all, Sorry for the gullible question, are we able to different incoming / outgoing traffic using netstats ? It seems like the local traffic is always on the left, and the remote is beside it. but it doesn't state the traffic direction. or is it that if I have - a LISTEN entry (e.g.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
0 Replies
UNCONFINED(8)							     AppArmor							     UNCONFINED(8)

NAME
aa-unconfined - output a list of processes with tcp or udp ports that do not have AppArmor profiles loaded SYNOPSIS
aa-unconfined DESCRIPTION
aa-unconfined will use netstat(8) to determine which processes have open network sockets and do not have AppArmor profiles loaded into the kernel. BUGS
aa-unconfined must be run as root to retrieve the process executable link from the /proc filesystem. This program is susceptible to race conditions of several flavours: an unlinked executable will be mishandled; an executable started before a AppArmor profile is loaded will not appear in the output, despite running without confinement; a process that dies between the netstat(8) and further checks will be mishandled. This program only lists processes using TCP and UDP. In short, this program is unsuitable for forensics use and is provided only as an aid to profiling all network-accessible processes in the lab. If you find any bugs, please report them to bugzilla at <http://bugzilla.novell.com>. SEE ALSO
netstat(8), apparmor(7), apparmor.d(5), change_hat(2), and <http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfmod/project/?apparmor>. NOVELL
/SUSE 2008-06-11 UNCONFINED(8)