Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk if statement to evaluate string and compare Post 302579569 by ahamed101 on Tuesday 6th of December 2011 04:20:22 AM
Old 12-06-2011
Try this...
Code:
amixer... | awk '/^  Front Left/{if($7~"[off]"){print "MUTED"}}'

--ahamed
This User Gave Thanks to ahamed101 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Very urgent :- How to compare string using if statement

Hi How can i compare a string using if statement in a script? For eg: I have filename="abc.sh" if ;then { ....... ....... } fi but this doesnot work .. How will i execute this ?? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jisha
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Evaluate string containing shell variable names

Hello, I have this: #!/usr/bin/ksh V1=ABC str="hello 123;${V1}" eval "echo $str" i get hello 123 /script.sh ABC not found However eval works if $str variable doesn't contain a semicolumn (eg if str="hello 123~${v1}" running the eval statement above would produce (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: endorphin
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[awk]compare a number in a string with a list

Hi, I have a program written in awk and I want to extend it to do another task. My program is a list of CVS log reports of a repository. For each file, I have some fields. One of the fields is the comment field. I want to know how I can check if a comment (which is a free text field)... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepk1611
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to evaluate a string of numbers in the same command of AWK

Hi, I am trying to do evaluate one numerical string after substitution. ++++++++++++++++== What I have = "7.04+2.3Xlog(0.72e-6X1.0e6)X1.9596" What I need = evaluate 7.04+2.3*log(0.72e-6*1.0e6)*1.9596 = 5.55941 what I am doing; echo "7.04+2.3Xlog(0.72e-6X1.0e6)X1.9596" | awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_shm74
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Evaluate two conditions in single if statement

I am trying to test two conditions in a single if and getting syntax error on -a and && if ] ; then echo "variable a equals to variable b" else echo "variable a not equal to variable b" fi in second attempt I used -a instead of &&, referring to other website, but not sure that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praxis1
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - how to compare part of the string?

Need help for awk.. file will have comma separated numbers, I need check digits before 10 numbers eg ( 001)1234567890 Basically want to check country code of a mobile number. eg: abc,def,data, data,0011234567890, data,data Script should be checking country code with 001, I will pass... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vegasluxor
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

String compare using awk - what am I doing wrong?

Hi all, I was doing some string manipulation in my script and wanted to try using awk. However, I have been stuck with string compare. A simplified form of my conundrum is given below: The below prints expected result (prints "Completed because that is the second element"): $ echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: faraway
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Evaluate Expression within awk

I want to create a conditional expression string and pass in an awk script. My script is as below... comm="\$3 == "hello"" awk -F "^T" -v command="${comm}" ' { if ( command ) { print "hye" } }' testBut the statement "if ( command )" always evaluates to true which is not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saikat123
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to evaluate expression under awk?

I have to display only those subscribers which are in "unconnected state" and the date is 90 days older than today's date. Below command is used for this purpose: cat vfsubscriber_20170817.csv | sed -e 's/^"//' -e '1d' | \ nawk -F '",' '{if ( (substr($11,2,4) == 2017) && ( substr($11,2,8)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dia
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Concatenate a string and number and compare that with another string in awk script

I have below code inside my awk script if ( $0 ~ /SVC IN:/ ) { svc_in=substr( $0,23 , 3); if (msg_start == 1 && msg_end == 0) { msg_arr=$0; } } else if ( $0 ~ /^SVC OUT:/ ) { svc_out=substr( $0, 9, 3); if (msg_start == 1 && msg_end == 0) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya123
6 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)