Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris cron gets disabled during boot. Post 302579323 by GroveTuckey on Monday 5th of December 2011 12:25:50 PM
Old 12-05-2011
This has happened from day one so I have not changed anything. I did the find like you suggested but nothing came back.

I think it is strange that it will run fine until a reboot and it gets disabled.

Is there a way to add some extra logging so when it boots it tells me what is disableing it?

Our print vendor uses Solaris 10 to run thier frontend software. We have never had issues with this until we upgraded our printers. I have asked our vendor if they have done something to make cron not enable at boot. No word and I don't expect anything inteligent from them really.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OBP saying boot is disabled??

Hi all, need your help again :P I am trying to build a server in work, and it comes up with the OBP (Open Boot Prompt) and when i try and install the cdrom "boot cdrom -s" it throws back the following error: "System is not bootable, boot command is disabled" This is trying to install... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SemperFi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

queue is disabled

Does anyone know why I got this message when I tried to print my file on Unix? THANK YOU! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cannot boot - Boot : Panic : File size out of range (EWS-UX/V unix)

Hey ! I am running EWS-UX/V (Rel 4.2) on NEC EWS/4800/330 station and I am having problems rebooting my station : I am getting the following message on display : BOOT : PANIC : File size out of range. According to user guide, this error is occuring when a file exceeding the limit and/or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredo
2 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris boot problem boot error loading interpreter(misc/krtld)

When I installed the SOLARIS 10 OS first time, the desktop would not start up, this was because of network setup. Reinstalled worked. After a week due to some problem I had to reinstall OS, installation went fine and but when i reboot I get this error. cannot find mis/krtld boot error loading... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johncy_j
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

selinux --disabled

Hi All, Will some one kindly explian below ? selinux What is the effect of installing a server using this kickstart option as follows: selinux --enforcing and selinux --disabled (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sri243
1 Replies

6. Boot Loaders

Reboot and Select Proper Boot device or insert Boot media in select Boot device and press a key

Hello, I have kubuntu on my laptop and now I decided to switch to Windows 7. I made the bios settings properly (first choice is boot from cd\vd) but I see the error " reboot and select proper Boot device or insert Boot media in select Boot device and press a key " I have tried CD and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpf
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris x86 installation using jumpstart does not local boot ( boot from hdd)

I am trying to install Solaris x86 using the Jumpstart server. I run the add_install_client command with appropriate options, and reboot my x86 Target box. The installation starts fine and unattended. After the installation completes and the target goes for a re-boot, it does not boot from the HDD... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemalsid
9 Replies

8. Solaris

NTP gets disabled

Hi experts, I am using solaris10 operating system on a N240 Sun server. I have a problem on NTP, that is, i am using an external ntp server and when i enable ntp instance via smf, it works for a while then it gets disabled.. Here these are the info: 1) I enable the ntp service: # svcadm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dyavuzy1
1 Replies

9. Solaris

FATAL: system is not bootable, boot command is disabled

Dear all, I Need your help,my server v240 with sun solaris 10 can't remote login.I try conncet via rsc and then go to OK prom....and i get the status : {1} ok boot -a FATAL: system is not bootable, boot command is disabled {1} ok boot cdrom -s FATAL: system is not bootable, boot command is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredginting
2 Replies
yum-cron(8)															       yum-cron(8)

NAME
yum-cron - an interface to convieniently call yum from cron SYNOPSIS
yum-cron [config-file] DESCRIPTION
yum-cron is an alternate interface to yum that is optimised to be convenient to call from cron. It provides methods to keep repository metadata up to date, and to check for, download, and apply updates. Rather than accepting many different command line arguments, the dif- ferent functions of yum-cron can be accessed through config files. config-file is used to optionally specify the path to the configuration file to use. If it is not given, the default configuration file will be used. It is useful to be able to specify different configuration files for different use cases. For example, one configuration file might be set to update the repository metadata, and a line could be added to the crontab to run yum-cron frequently using this file. Then, another configuration file might be set to install updates, and yum-cron could be run from cron using this file just once each day. FILES
/etc/yum/yum-cron.conf /etc/yum/yum-cron-hourly.conf SEE ALSO
yum (8) AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There of course aren't any bugs, but if you find any, you should email the mailing list, yum@lists.baseurl.org, or consult bugzilla. Nick Jacek yum-cron(8)