Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mbox
Top Forums Programming mbox Post 302579285 by Corona688 on Monday 5th of December 2011 10:30:51 AM
Old 12-05-2011
Again, what do you mean by "mbox"?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Maildir or mbox??

Hi, I was wondering if someone can tell me what the difference is exactly between maildir and mbox. We have a few solaris 9 systems here and would like to get an imap server running on them. I have setup fetchmail so that it retrives remote pop3 mail into an account, and that mail is then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sugarat
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mbox ascii mail text file ?

Hi, I am using "fetchmail" and "procmail" combination to trigger a job based on an input mail.Using fetchmail, incoming mail is downloaded from the mailserver to the local host.Once the mail is flushed,procmail starts execution and thereby triggers the application script. In-between... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

AIX Delete all mbox content

Hi, How to Delete all mbox content in AIX? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies
INCM(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   INCM(1)

NAME
incm - Incorporating new mails for Mew SYNOPSIS
incm [options] DESCRIPTION
The incm utility incorporates new mails from the mbox or the maildir to Mew's inbox folder. The options are as follows: -a Retrieve all mails from maildir/{cur,new} for maildir. -b Backup mails. mbox: No truncate mbox file. maildir: To maildir/cur directory. -c Use the Content-Length: field, instead of the "From " line, as a mail separator for mbox. -d path Path to mbox/maildir. If path is a file, mbox is assumed. If path is a directory, maildir is assumed. -m path The same as the -d option. -s Read one mail from stdin instead of mbox/maildir. -i inboxdir A path to the inbox directory. -u Don't touch ".mew-mtime". -f Preserve Unix From (Envelope Sender) line in mbox case. -p mode Specify file mode that creates in mbox case. -o Use the suffix when creating messages. -x suffix Use this suffix. -h Display this help message. -v Display the version. mbox For mbox, the mail separator is "From " in the beginning of lines. The incm utility does not convert ">From " to "From " in the beginning of lines in the body. On Solaris, Content-Length: should be used with the -c option to tell the end of mail. To lock mbox, a lock file("<user>.lock"), flock() or lockf(), and open(O_EXLOCK) are used. maildir For maildir, no lock and no separator are necessary. Consider the following situation: cur/{1,2} new/{3,4} Executing incm without the options results in: cur/{1,2} new/{} to inbox: {3,4} Executing incm with the -a option results in: cur/{} new/{} to inbox: {1,2,3,4} Executing incm with the -b option results in: cur/{1,2,3,4} new/{} to inbox: {3,4} Executing incm with the -a option and the -b option results in: cur/{1,2,3,4} new/{} to inbox: {1,2,3,4} So, if both options are specified, messages are retrieved multiple times. December 25, 2001 INCM(1)