Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mbox
Top Forums Programming mbox Post 302579275 by 2104692 on Monday 5th of December 2011 10:04:04 AM
Old 12-05-2011
thanks for reply...
what am asking is in IPC mecahnisms take one ipc semaphore. Semaphore have the internal systemcalls. like is there any system calls is related to mbox....???

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Maildir or mbox??

Hi, I was wondering if someone can tell me what the difference is exactly between maildir and mbox. We have a few solaris 9 systems here and would like to get an imap server running on them. I have setup fetchmail so that it retrives remote pop3 mail into an account, and that mail is then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sugarat
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mbox ascii mail text file ?

Hi, I am using "fetchmail" and "procmail" combination to trigger a job based on an input mail.Using fetchmail, incoming mail is downloaded from the mailserver to the local host.Once the mail is flushed,procmail starts execution and thereby triggers the application script. In-between... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

AIX Delete all mbox content

Hi, How to Delete all mbox content in AIX? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies
IPC(2)							     Linux Programmer's Manual							    IPC(2)

NAME
ipc - System V IPC system calls SYNOPSIS
int ipc(unsigned int call, int first, int second, int third, void *ptr, long fifth); DESCRIPTION
ipc() is a common kernel entry point for the System V IPC calls for messages, semaphores, and shared memory. call determines which IPC function to invoke; the other arguments are passed through to the appropriate call. User programs should call the appropriate functions by their usual names. Only standard library implementors and kernel hackers need to know about ipc(). CONFORMING TO
ipc() is Linux-specific, and should not be used in programs intended to be portable. NOTES
On a few architectures, for example ia64, there is no ipc() system call; instead msgctl(2), semctl(2), shmctl(2), and so on really are implemented as separate system calls. SEE ALSO
msgctl(2), msgget(2), msgrcv(2), msgsnd(2), semctl(2), semget(2), semop(2), semtimedop(2), shmat(2), shmctl(2), shmdt(2), shmget(2) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2007-06-28 IPC(2)