Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: enscript color
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting enscript color Post 302579224 by apmcd47 on Monday 5th of December 2011 07:21:47 AM
Old 12-05-2011
Sorry for the very late posting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by forumbaba
Hi,
I am converting a text file to ps using enscript.
Does anyone know how to print in color?

Here is what I tried:

enscript -ptemp.ps -G -F Souvenir-DemiItalic20 -f Souvenir-DemiItalic20 -E --color file.txt

The color doesn't work
Thanks
If you are using a Linux distribution look in /usr/share/doc/enscript (or possibly /usr/share/enscript-{ver} where {ver} is the version number. You will find a (possibly gzipped) file called README.ESCAPES. Use this to find out how to embed escape sequences into your text file to print in colour.

Andrew

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Enscript

I'm trying to print a perlscript file from nedit using the enscript command. It reads as follows: enscript -dbigbird -R -G -b"my_perl_script.pl" This is the printer command line when I print from nedit. I also have the language set to perl under preferences. This allows me to view comments... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mirzabhai
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the background color in the init 3 mode(not line color)

Hello, I am using RHEL 6.1 on VMware I am searching for a way to change background color (not line by line color wich one can using tput command) basically changing the color of the whole screen to white instead of the default black and changing font color to black and alos would like to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dexobox
2 Replies
FONTDATABASE(5) 						File Formats Manual						   FONTDATABASE(5)

NAME
FontDataBase - database of fonts accessible to t1lib. DESCRIPTION
This manual page has been written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution. It has been adapted from the documentation included in the upstream t1lib distribution. /etc/t1lib/FontDataBase is a text file which contains, minimally, the basenames of Type 1 font files to be made accessible to the t1lib font rasterizer library. The format is intentionally similar to that of the fonts.dir and fonts.scale files used by X11. Line 1 of this file contains a positive integer specifying the number of fonts declared in that file. This is as in the fonts.dir files of the X11 system. All remaining lines contain declarations of one font each. The only thing taken from such a line is the last string (delimited by white space) in it. It is assumed to be a filename of the format basename.someextension. The basename part is assumed to be the basename(1) of a fontfile. After the a string has been parsed, the extension is cut off and replaced in turn with .pfa and .pfb. The initialization routine tries to open a font file in its search path with one of the resulting filenames. The remainder of the line, i.e., from beginning to the start of the filename string, is completely ignored and thus may contain information for other programs. EXAMPLES
Here is a minimal font database file for 4 fonts: 4 isvl.afm isvli.afm isvd.afm isvdi.afm This file is minimal, because it contains just the information needed, and nothing not needed by the library. Here is a more realistic example, which allows an application to match a fully qualified X11 fontname to a FontID in t1lib. This is also a valid font database file: 4 Souvenir Souvenir-Light --- -itc-souvenir-light-r-normal--#-0-0-0-p-0-iso8859-1 isvl.afm Souvenir Souvenir-LightItalic -*- -itc-souvenir-light-i-normal--#-0-0-0-p-0-iso8859-1 isvli.afm Souvenir-Demi *-- -itc-souvenir-demi-r-normal--#-0-0-0-p-0-iso8859-1 isvd.afm Souvenir-DemiItalic **- -itc-souvenir-demi-i-normal--#-0-0-0-p-0-iso8859-1 isvdi.afm FILES
/etc/t1lib/FontDataBase SEE ALSO
mkfontdir(1x) FONTDATABASE(5)