Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX UNIX VI editor equivalent of LINUX Post 302579214 by botao on Monday 5th of December 2011 06:44:07 AM
Old 12-05-2011
- If I uderstood your need correctly, I'd simply say : "install 'bash' in your HP-UX box(es)" ;

good luck, and success.
alexandre botao

Last edited by zaxxon; 12-05-2011 at 07:51 AM.. Reason: removing url to OPs website

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Linux equivalent for daemon2

Hi all... In my Unix system a program exists called "daemon2" which is responsible to enqueue program executions. For example, if I want to make the system to enqueue lpr executions for certain users, I call daemon2 with lpr as the parameter. Is there an equivalent in Linux? Thanks Jaime (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jstuardo
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ufsdump equivalent in linux and unix

Hi all, I am preparing for a worst case scenario. Say i have a production server A, should A fails ( for whatever reason), i want another server B to take over. How can i move everything from A to B? Assuming i have regular backup of A. I've searched in the forums, and briefly came across... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ACF2 equivalent in Unix or Linux ?

In IBM Mainframe they have something called ACF2 rule which is essentially used to control the dataset access. It is kind of a list-based access control for mainframe datasets. Is there anything equivalent to ACF2 available in Unix ? Thanks Rabi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: indra_saha
1 Replies

4. Linux

Linux equivalent for...

I moved to a Linux system from Windows a few months ago. Most of the programs I had been using were already native to Linux (Firefox, the GIMP, Pari, etc.) and most others I found a close enough program (Crimson Editor -> gedit, Visual Studio -> KDevelop, Primo -> Morain's ECPP). Now I'm down... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
1 Replies

5. Linux

/etc/netmasks equivalent in linux

Hi Guys, I am used to configuring DHCP on Solaris and foreach subnet added I place a corresponding entry in /etc/netmasks. I am now looking at configuring DHCP on linux, is there an equivalnet entry required somewhere or is this not needed in linux Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eeisken
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

NFS_v4_fail_over_timeout equivalent in Linux

Hi, I need to mount a replicated nfs4 export on a number of AIX and Redhat hosts. To get the failover on the clients working smoothly, I need to change certain values on the AIX boxes like nfs_v4_fail_over_timeout, timeo and retrans values. Since I have no clue about Linux, I am not quite sure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Linux equivalent for UNIX

I have a folder called "log" which has a few sub-folders say "fda" "fd7" "fdd" "fd6 .... " I wish to fire the below command inside each subfolder starting with the folder with the latest time stamp. grep "$greptime.*exit" Prod.$(hostname).log | grep $fdrdate_new If the seach did not yield... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

What is Your Favorite Editor for Linux and UNIX? | A Video in 1080 HD

We have asked UNIX.com users over the years what is their favorite editor and why. Here is the top three answers. Here is a new YT video on this question: What Editor Does Everyone Use? https://youtu.be/gqE8RTZZt9g Of course, vi was the overwhelming favorite. Credits: 1080 HD... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
COMMAND-NOT-FOUND(1)					    http://en.opensuse.org/Sco					      COMMAND-NOT-FOUND(1)

NAME
command-not-found - A command-not-found handler SYNOPSIS
command-not-found {binary_name} {repository} ARGUMENTS
The following arguments are required: binary_name The name of binary you are looking for. repository The name of repository for search. For most cases, use zypp DESCRIPTION
command-not-found handler is designed to tell users which package contains a missing command. The handler is integrated to bash(1) and zsh(1) shells and is not necessary to call it directly. Just type a name of the command in your favourite shell and you'll get a result. If you consider c-n-f handler useless, just add unset command_not_found_handle to your profile or remove the command-not-found package. Handler doesn't call the command-not-found binary directly, it only prints info about it. If you want to invoke it automatically, just add export COMMAND_NOT_FOUND_AUTO=1 to your bash profile. EXAMPLE
: NORMAL USAGE For example you want to try blender, because you have heard that is an amazing program. So just type blender in shell: $ blender You get the following output: The program 'blender' can be found in the following package: * blender [ path: /usr/bin/blender, repository: zypp (openSUSE 11.1-0) ] Try installing with: sudo zypper install blender bash: blender: command not found SEE ALSO
scout(1) AUTHOR
Pavol Rusnak <stick@gk2.sk> Developer http://gitorious.org/opensus 08/07/2009 COMMAND-NOT-FOUND(1)