Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to convert from csh to sh Post 302579020 by tompham on Sunday 4th of December 2011 01:29:52 AM
Old 12-04-2011
how to convert from csh to sh

Dear all
I am installing some eda software using script. My OS is ubuntu 10.04 and the eda software writing in csh. Since ubuntu reading script file in sh writting. I need someone can help me to convert some definition in script from csh to sh. Below is part of script

Code:
set archinfo = `$installdir/bin/get_arch -r -c -t`
setenv ARCH $archinfo[1]
setenv CMIARCH $archinfo[2]
setenv mraarch ${ARCH}
setenv TMIARCH ${CMIARCH}
unsetenv OMP_NUM_THREADS
unsetenv KMP_BLOCKTIME
unsetenv LANG
unsetenv LC_ALL
limit coredumpsize 0

The sh cell command will post the error when it sees : setenv, unsetenv, limit and [ ]
How I can make a change of thoses? Thanks a lot

Last edited by Scott; 12-04-2011 at 07:06 AM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

here-doc convert 2 script convert to single script?

I have my main script calling another script to retrive a "ls -alt" of a directory that's located in a remote location I'm sftping into. main.sh #!/bin/ksh getLS.sh > output.txt getLS.sh #!/bin/sh /home<..>/sftp <host@ip> <<! cd /some/dir/Log ls -alt quit ! Basically I'd like to be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert things from csh to sh

i have this method in csh that check for file exist. #check that file exists if ( ! -e $6$5 ) then echo $6$5 Not Found exit 8 endif however i wanted in to be in just sh. so i change the code to: if ; then echo $6$5 Not Found exit 8 fi I get error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

csh failing to call an 2 embedded csh script

I have an extraordinary problem with a csh script.....(feel free to berate the use of this but I'm modifying an existing bunch of them) Anyway, I have a master csh script which in turn calls a second csh script. This second csh script is below. Within this second script are two compiled C++... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pollsizer
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Convert to CSH File

Hi Everyone, I have a body of code that I'd like to know how to convert to a csh file. In Unix, under a directory, I wish to ls into each of its subdirectories: In Unix prompt I type foreach i(*) foreach? ls $i foreach? end however, when I try to store this body of code in .csh: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tommms
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert from Csh to Perl

Hi , I am trying to convert the below code embedded in a csh script to Perl. Can any expert give me some advice on this ? sed -n ''"$start_line"',$ p' $tester_dir/nfiles_extracted.txt|cut -c1-4,6-|/bin/perl $test_summary/compare_for_all _Duts.pl|sort > $tester_dir/nfiles_extracted1.txt (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to convert csh to bash

Hi, Can anyone give me a script to convert csh to bash? or any key points which can help me to do so as i am new to it. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vineet.dhingra
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

.sh to .csh

Hi All, Could any one of you give me a hand to convert the following line of codes from .sh to .csh please ? proc_id=`fuser /tmp/test` if then echo "File is not being used by any thing" fi if then echo "File is being used... please wait" sleep 1 fi Regards. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sraj142
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert .sh to .csh

Hi All, Could any one of you give me a hand to convert the following line of codes from .sh to .csh please ? proc_id=`fuser /tmp/test` if then echo "File is not being used by any thing" fi if then echo "File is being used... please wait" sleep 1 fi Regards. ---------- Post... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sraj142
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there any script to convert sh to csh ?

Hi All Is there anyone who have the script to covnert a sh sell script to csh and can share with me? Thanks a lot! Nick:b: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicolast0604
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using CSH and need to convert html to PDF

Hi, I am currently using the below code and it throws an error saying badly placed ()'s. I am not sure if this right way to convert html to PDF, please help..I am using C-shell script system ("../html2doc pdf 1000 portrait html$prnfile.html $prnfile.pdf ") print "Content-type:application/pdf... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakers646
7 Replies
GETENV(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						 GETENV(3)

NAME
getenv, putenv, setenv, unsetenv -- environment variable functions LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <stdlib.h> char * getenv(const char *name); int setenv(const char *name, const char *value, int overwrite); int putenv(char *string); int unsetenv(const char *name); DESCRIPTION
These functions set, unset and fetch environment variables from the host environment list. The getenv() function obtains the current value of the environment variable, name. The application should not modify the string pointed to by the getenv() function. The setenv() function inserts or resets the environment variable name in the current environment list. If the variable name does not exist in the list, it is inserted with the given value. If the variable does exist, the argument overwrite is tested; if overwrite is zero, the variable is not reset, otherwise it is reset to the given value. The putenv() function takes an argument of the form ``name=value'' and is equivalent to: setenv(name, value, 1); The string pointed to by string becomes part of the environment. A program should not alter or free the string, and should not use stack or other transient string variables as arguments to putenv(). The setenv() function is strongly preferred to putenv(). The unsetenv() function deletes all instances of the variable name pointed to by name from the list. Note that only the variable name (e.g., "NAME") should be given; "NAME=value" will not work. RETURN VALUES
The getenv() function returns the value of the environment variable as a NUL-terminated string. If the variable name is not in the current environment, NULL is returned. The setenv(), putenv(), and unsetenv() functions return the value 0 if successful; otherwise the value -1 is returned and the global variable errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
[EINVAL] The function getenv(), setenv() or unsetenv() failed because the name is a NULL pointer, points to an empty string, or points to a string containing an ``='' character. The function putenv() failed because string is a NULL pointer or string is without an ``='' character. [ENOMEM] The function setenv(), unsetenv() or putenv() failed because it was unable to allocate memory for the environment. LEGACY SYNOPSIS
#include <stdlib.h> void unsetenv(const char *name); unsetenv() doesn't return a value. COMPATIBILITY
putenv() no longer copies its input buffer. This often appears in crash logs as a crash in getenv(). Avoid passing local buffers or freeing the memory that is passed to putenv(). Use setenv(), which still makes an internal copy of its buffers. unsetenv() no longer parses the variable name; e.g., unsetenv ("FOO=BAR") no longer works. Use unsetenv("FOO"). unsetenv() also now returns a status value and will set errno to EINVAL if name is not a defined environment variable. SEE ALSO
csh(1), sh(1), execve(2), compat(5), environ(7) STANDARDS
The getenv() function conforms to ISO/IEC 9899:1990 (``ISO C90''). The setenv(), putenv() and unsetenv() functions conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
The functions setenv() and unsetenv() appeared in Version 7 AT&T UNIX. The putenv() function appeared in 4.3BSD-Reno. BUGS
Successive calls to setenv() that assign a larger-sized value than any previous value to the same name will result in a memory leak. The FreeBSD semantics for this function (namely, that the contents of value are copied and that old values remain accessible indefinitely) make this bug unavoidable. Future versions may eliminate one or both of these semantic guarantees in order to fix the bug. BSD
June 20, 2007 BSD