Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting counts for every 1000 interval Post 302579018 by balajesuri on Sunday 4th of December 2011 01:18:19 AM
Old 12-04-2011
Code:
#! /usr/bin/perl
use warnings;
use strict;

my ($line, %count);
my $interval = 1000;
open INPUT, "< source.txt";
for $line (<INPUT>) {
X: if ($line <= $interval) {
        $count{$interval}++
    }
    elsif ($line >= $interval) {
        $interval += 1000;
        goto X;
    }
}

for (sort {$a <=> $b} keys %count) {
    print $_-999 . "-$_ $count{$_}\n";
}
close INPUT;

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

counts

How can i do a simple record count in my shell script? i just want to count the number of records i receive from a specific file. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: k@ssidy
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Group by columns and get the counts

Hi Gurus, I have a file 1|usa|hh 2|usa|ll 3|usa|vg 4|usa|vg 5|usa|vg 6|usa|vg 7|usa|ll 8|uk|nn 9|uk|bb 10|uk|bb 11|kuwait|mm 12|kuwait|jkj 13|kuwait|mm 14|dubai|hh I want to group by last two columns and get the last two recs and count. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumeet
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

to grep and print their counts

suppose u have a file ACFCFACCACARCSHFARCVJVASTVAJFTVAJVGHBAJ another file A C F R then output shud be A= 9 C=7 F=3 R=2 Thanks (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
12 Replies

4. Solaris

file size counts??

Hello experts, I do - $ ls -lhtr logs2007* Is it possible that i can get the results of- totals size in MB/KB for ALL "logs2007*" note: in the same directory I have "logs2006*" & "logs2007*" files. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

counts

To start I have a table that has ticketholders. Each ticket holder has a unique number and each ticket holder is associated to a so called household number. You can have multiple guests w/i a household. I would like to create 3 flags (form a, for a household that has 1-4 gst) form b 5-8 gsts... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbr262
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare the interval of 2 numbers of input2with interval of several numbers of input1

Help plz Does any one have any idea how to compare interval ranges of 2 files. finding 1-4 (1,2,3,4) of input2 in input1 of same key "a" values (5-10, 30-40, 45-60, 80-90, 100-120 ). Obviously 1-4 is not one of the range with in input1 a. so it should give out of range. finding 30-33(31,32,33)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: repinementer
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Get counts from List

This is very easy , but I`m struggling .. please help modify my script, I want to count the number of h and n , from the second column group by the first. The second column is binary, can only have h and n. a h a h a n a n a h b h b h b h b h b h c n c h c h c h c h (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jianp83
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counts not matching in file

I can not figure out why there are 56,548 unique entries in test.bed. However, perl and awk see only 56,543 and that # is what my analysis see's as well. What happened to the 5 missing? Thank you :). The file is attached as well. cmccabe@DTV-A5211QLM:~/Desktop/NGS/bed/bedtools$wc -l... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
XkbFreeGeomRows(3)						   XKB FUNCTIONS						XkbFreeGeomRows(3)

NAME
XkbFreeGeomRows - Free rows in a section SYNOPSIS
void XkbFreeGeomRows ( section, first, count, free_all ) XkbSectionPtr section; int first; int count; Bool free_all; ARGUMENTS
- section section in which rows should be freed - first first row to be freed - count number of rows to be freed - free_all True => all rows are freed DESCRIPTION
Xkb provides a number of functions to allocate and free subcomponents of a keyboard geometry. Use these functions to create or modify key- board geometries. Note that these functions merely allocate space for the new element(s), and it is up to you to fill in the values explicitly in your code. These allocation functions increase sz_* but never touch num_* (unless there is an allocation failure, in which case they reset both sz_* and num_* to zero). These functions return Success if they succeed, BadAlloc if they are not able to allocate space, or BadValue if a parameter is not as expected. If free_all is True, all rows are freed regardless of the value of first and count. Otherwise, the number of rows specified by count are freed, beginning with the row specified by first in the specified section. RETURN VALUES
Success The XkbFreeGeomRows function returns Success when there are no allocation or argument errors. DIAGNOSTICS
BadAlloc Unable to allocate storage BadValue An argument is out of range X Version 11 libX11 1.2.1 XkbFreeGeomRows(3)