Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX can aix 5.x run on a old powerpc model 250 Post 302579007 by gito on Saturday 3rd of December 2011 07:58:30 PM
Old 12-03-2011
You need to have at least 256MB ram to be able to install Aix 5.x

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Replace Screen With Model Tft Under Aix 5.1

Hello I want change screen in 7025 F40 with 19 " TFT Currently I have old screen 14 " With Smit I see that the card is GXT120P mga0 and size 330 x 250 mm and type is default. My question is: The changes are done automatically or I must change some parameters ??? . The boot is in graphic... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bustaf
0 Replies

2. AIX

Does IBM Model No. 7026-6H1 supports AIX 5.3

Hi, I have a IBM box (RS/6000) Model No.7026-6H1, currently running AIX 4.3 and now I want to upgrade in AIX 5.3 version. Please advice Is this model supports the AIX 5.3 version and what precautions we need to take before migration Best Regds Bhupal Singh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhupals
3 Replies

3. Linux

Live CD (Linux) for Max OS X PowerPC (PPC) ?

Can anyone recommend a good, supported linux live boot CD for a Mac PPC? I found some on the net, but the ones I found seemed old and unsupported. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

RedHat AS4 on PowerPC

I'm trying to install RedHat AS4 on a pSeries 615 6C3. The install ran fine with no warnings, but when it tries to boot, I get !20EE000B! on the screen and 9411 on the LCD. The box is on the latest firmware. Any ideas? A google search turned up random AIX APAR info which doesn't help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thomn8r
1 Replies

5. AIX

Compiling netcdf-3.6.2 on powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0

Hi, I am trying to compile a package netcdf-3.6.2 on an ibm aix machine called IBM Regatta P690. The script i am using is:#!/usr/bin/bash -f export CC=xlc_r export CXX=xlC_r export F77=xlf_r export FC=xlf90_r export CFLAGS=-q64 export CXXFLAGS=-q64 export FFLAGS='-q64 -qextname'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: samrat_rao
0 Replies

6. AIX

compilation problem on powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0--Xlf

Dear all, I am not sure whether I am in the right forum, but... I am trying to compile a program on aix5.2.0.0 which requires the use of blas, lapack, blacs scalapack. I am getting the following error msg whcih I can't get rid off! ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .zhegvx ld: 0711-317... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pauli
2 Replies

7. AIX

Attach HP EVA to IBM AIX powerpc singlepath

Dear all. We have a very big issue on Attach HP EVA to IBM AIX powerpc singlepath. the configurations on lscfg -vl fcs2 fcs2 U789C.001.DQD8D74-P1-C2-T1 4Gb FC PCI Express Adapter (df1000fe) Part Number.................10N7249 Serial... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juri_al
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Need RHEL/CentOS 7 'Little Endian' ISO for PowerPC

Hi! One of our clients need RHEL 7 on PPC hardware for their R&D setup and they are particular about this being 'Little Endian'. The problem is that Redhat doesn't have LE RHEL7 images below 7.1 while the latest toolkit (which is needed while reimaging an IBM LPAR) that IBM provides only... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish51392111
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)