Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware How to get into BIOS and disable NICS? Post 302579005 by jgt on Saturday 3rd of December 2011 07:45:35 PM
Old 12-03-2011
What model?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Merge NICs

Hi friends, I installed oracle 10g (10.2.0.2) RAC on 2 IBM p5 570 servers running AIX 5.3ML04 and HACMP5.2 (used Raw devices, not used GPFS). Each server has 4 x 1Gbps ethernet cards (NICs), en0 and en1 for boot address, en2 and en3 for oracle interconnect. Now i want to merge 2 NICs (en2 and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bong02
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

FreeBSD and two NICs

FreeBSD 4.8, Apache 1.3.27 - two NICs, one with a real-world IP plugged into a switch outside the PIX firewall, the other with a private IP plugged into a switch inside the PIX firewall. Apache listens on both IPs. my domain is mydomain.org. so in /etc/rc.conf i have something like this (these... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ednix
10 Replies

3. Solaris

How many NICS do I have?

Hi, is there a way in Solaris 8 to determine how many total NIC's say a Sun Sparc box has installed - plumbed or unplumbed - and find out its capable network speeds and MAC address? I know ifconfig -a but that only shows the plumbed and used interfaces. thx cc (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigapple100
2 Replies

4. Linux

Two NICs one IP address

I'm looking for a way in RHL 5.1 to use two NICs on one host with two physical IP addresses and map them under one virtual IP address, i.e. NIC 1 10.10.10.1 NIC2 10.10.10.2 VIP 192.168.10.1 Basically I want either one of the NICs to ARP for the VIP. No load balancing required just HA. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wschmied
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find about NICs installed

Hi; Is there a way to determine for sure how many NIC ports installed on my Linux box? I tried to run "lspci" but not sure about the results, it's not clear. Below are the results when i run both "ifconfig" & "lspci" on my Linux box i hope someone can help me finding the actual numbers of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Katkota
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to disable Enable/Disable Tab Key

Hi All, I have bash script, so what is sintax script in bash for Enable and Disable Tab Key. Thanks for your help.:( Thanks, Rico (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

SSL/TLS renegotiation DoS -how to disable? Is it advisable to disable?

Hi all Expertise, I have following issue to solve, SSL / TLS Renegotiation DoS (low) 222.225.12.13 Ease of Exploitation Moderate Port 443/tcp Family Miscellaneous Following is the problem description:------------------ Description The remote service encrypts traffic using TLS / SSL and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Enter Bios and disable onboard NICS?

Hi, I have to get into BIOS and disable onbaord NICS for an IBM server, can someone please help me out. I tried hitting F1 when reboot to get into BIOS, but it seems like a setup screen and I dont see any option to disable NICS? Thanks Sam (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam4919
0 Replies

9. IP Networking

Networking 2 NICs

Hi all, Host - Ubuntu 12.04 desktop 64bit Virtualizer - Oracle VirtualBox 2 NICs Where can I find relevant document to set up 2 NICs, one for inward bound and another for outward bound, separate channel, both connected to the same router Would following document be appropriate for my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satimis
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux with two NICs

Hello All, I have Linux box with two interface cards. Every card has it's own IP Address and Gateway, IP addresses are from different subnets. eth0 192.168.1.10/24 GW 192.168.1.1 eth1 192.168.2.10/24 GW 192.168.2.1 Third PC is located in 192.168.13.0/24 network and is trying to access... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AndreiM
2 Replies
ppmd(1) 							       utils								   ppmd(1)

NAME
ppmd - file-to-file compressor SYNTAX
ppmd [e|d] [switches] filename...|wildcard... DESCRIPTION
It is written for embedding in user programs mainly and it is not intended for immediate use. I was interested in speed and performance improvements of abstract PPM model [1-6] only, without tuning it to particular data types, therefore compressor works good enough for texts, but it is not so good for nonhomogeneous files (executables) and for noisy analog data (sounds, pictures etc.). Program is very mem- ory consuming, you can choose balance between execution speed and memory economy, on one hand, and compression performance, on another hand, with the help of model order selection option (-o). OPTIONS
-d Delete file[s] after processing, default: disabled. -s Silent mode. -fName Set output file name to Name. -mN Use N MB memory - [1,256], default: 10. The PPMII algorithm might need a lot of memory, especially when used on large files and/or used with large model order. If ppmd needs more memory than you give it, the compression will be worse. The exact effect is depen- dent on the -r option. -oN Set model order to N - [2,16], default: 4. Bigger model orders almost surely results in better compression and surely more memory and CPU usage. -r{0,1,2} Methods of restoration of model correctness at memory insufficiency: '-r0 - restart model from scratch'. This method is not optimal for any type of data sources, but it works fast and efficient in average, so it is the recommended method (default). '-r1 - cut off model'. This method is optimal for quasistationary sources when the period of stationarity is much larger than period between cutoffs. As a rule, it gives better results, but it is slower than other methods and it is unstable against fragmen- tation of memory heap at high model orders and low memory. '-r2 - freeze model'. This method is optimal for stationary sources (show me such source when You will find it ;-)). It is fast and efficient for such sources. EXAMPLES
To run this program the standard way type: ppmd e /tmp/myfile Alternatively you can run it as: ppmd -e -o 16 /tmp/myfile AUTHORS
PPMd was written by Dmitry Shkarin <dmitry.shkarin@mtu-net.ru> and Dmitry Subbotin. SEE ALSO
gzip(1), bzip2(1), lzma(1). 10.1 2011-07-25 ppmd(1)