Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware How to get into BIOS and disable NICS? Post 302578980 by sam4919 on Saturday 3rd of December 2011 12:58:19 PM
Old 12-03-2011
How to get into BIOS and disable NICS?

Hi,

I have to get into BIOS and disable onbaord NICS for an IBM server, can someone please help me out.

I tried hitting F1 when reboot to get into BIOS, but it seems like a setup screen and I dont see any option to disable NICS?

Thanks
Sam

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Merge NICs

Hi friends, I installed oracle 10g (10.2.0.2) RAC on 2 IBM p5 570 servers running AIX 5.3ML04 and HACMP5.2 (used Raw devices, not used GPFS). Each server has 4 x 1Gbps ethernet cards (NICs), en0 and en1 for boot address, en2 and en3 for oracle interconnect. Now i want to merge 2 NICs (en2 and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bong02
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

FreeBSD and two NICs

FreeBSD 4.8, Apache 1.3.27 - two NICs, one with a real-world IP plugged into a switch outside the PIX firewall, the other with a private IP plugged into a switch inside the PIX firewall. Apache listens on both IPs. my domain is mydomain.org. so in /etc/rc.conf i have something like this (these... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ednix
10 Replies

3. Solaris

How many NICS do I have?

Hi, is there a way in Solaris 8 to determine how many total NIC's say a Sun Sparc box has installed - plumbed or unplumbed - and find out its capable network speeds and MAC address? I know ifconfig -a but that only shows the plumbed and used interfaces. thx cc (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigapple100
2 Replies

4. Linux

Two NICs one IP address

I'm looking for a way in RHL 5.1 to use two NICs on one host with two physical IP addresses and map them under one virtual IP address, i.e. NIC 1 10.10.10.1 NIC2 10.10.10.2 VIP 192.168.10.1 Basically I want either one of the NICs to ARP for the VIP. No load balancing required just HA. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wschmied
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find about NICs installed

Hi; Is there a way to determine for sure how many NIC ports installed on my Linux box? I tried to run "lspci" but not sure about the results, it's not clear. Below are the results when i run both "ifconfig" & "lspci" on my Linux box i hope someone can help me finding the actual numbers of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Katkota
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to disable Enable/Disable Tab Key

Hi All, I have bash script, so what is sintax script in bash for Enable and Disable Tab Key. Thanks for your help.:( Thanks, Rico (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

SSL/TLS renegotiation DoS -how to disable? Is it advisable to disable?

Hi all Expertise, I have following issue to solve, SSL / TLS Renegotiation DoS (low) 222.225.12.13 Ease of Exploitation Moderate Port 443/tcp Family Miscellaneous Following is the problem description:------------------ Description The remote service encrypts traffic using TLS / SSL and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Enter Bios and disable onboard NICS?

Hi, I have to get into BIOS and disable onbaord NICS for an IBM server, can someone please help me out. I tried hitting F1 when reboot to get into BIOS, but it seems like a setup screen and I dont see any option to disable NICS? Thanks Sam (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam4919
0 Replies

9. IP Networking

Networking 2 NICs

Hi all, Host - Ubuntu 12.04 desktop 64bit Virtualizer - Oracle VirtualBox 2 NICs Where can I find relevant document to set up 2 NICs, one for inward bound and another for outward bound, separate channel, both connected to the same router Would following document be appropriate for my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satimis
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux with two NICs

Hello All, I have Linux box with two interface cards. Every card has it's own IP Address and Gateway, IP addresses are from different subnets. eth0 192.168.1.10/24 GW 192.168.1.1 eth1 192.168.2.10/24 GW 192.168.2.1 Third PC is located in 192.168.13.0/24 network and is trying to access... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AndreiM
2 Replies
FDISK(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						  FDISK(8)

NAME
acorn-fdisk -- partition editor for Acorn/RISC OS machines SYNOPSIS
acorn-fdisk -h | --help | -v | --version acorn-fdisk [-t scheme | --type scheme] -l | --list [device ...] acorn-fdisk [-t scheme | --type scheme] -s | --size partition acorn-fdisk [-t scheme | --type scheme] [device] DESCRIPTION
The acorn-fdisk utility allows one to display or interactively edit partition tables for Acorn/RISC OS machines in various formats. Using the PC/BIOS format, standard IBM PC (i386) partition tables can also be accessed. When no optional device is given, it defaults to /dev/hda or /dev/sda. The options are as follows: -h | --help Display a short usage and exit immediately. -l | --list Display the partition table(s) of all devices. -s | --size Display the size of partition. -t | --type Select the partitioning scheme to use. Valid schemes are: EESOX Eesox SCSI on the Acorn machines. ICSIDEFS ICS IDE. Filecore/Linux Linux on Filecore. This uses the non-ADFS descriptor to point to the start of the disc to be partitioned. The first two sectors contain a partition table to identify the Linux partitions contained within. PC/BIOS PC/BIOS partitioning scheme. This consists of a partition table in the first sector of the disk which contains both CHS and LBA values for the partitions. There can be up to four entries in the primary partition table. One of these can be an extended partition containing up to four extra partitions. PowerTec PowerTec SCSI on the Acorn machines. Filecore/RISCiX RiscIX on Filecore. -v | --version Display the version of acorn-fdisk and exit immediately. If neither -l | --list or -s | --size are given, the partition table of the given device will be edited interactively. EXAMPLES
Display the default device's partition table on a PC: acorn-fdisk --type PC/BIOS -l Display the PC partition table of /dev/sda: acorn-fdisk --type PC/BIOS --list /dev/sda Display the size in blocks of the partition /dev/sda1: acorn-fdisk --type PC/BIOS --size /dev/sda1 Edit the MBR partition table interactively: acorn-fdisk --type PC/BIOS Display the partition table of an MBR backed up to a file: acorn-fdisk -t PC/BIOS -l mbrdump.bin Display the size of the first partition on a device where the MBR would be restored from the backup file mbrdump.bin: acorn-fdisk -t PC/BIOS -s mbrdump.bin1 AUTHORS
arm-fdisk was written by Russell King <rmk@arm.uk.linux.org> based on util-linux fdisk, which was written at least partially by A. V. Le Blanc <LeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk>. This manual page was written for the Debian system by Thorsten Glaser <tg@debian.org> but may be used by others. BSD
October 2, 2010 BSD