Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: why doesnt it work?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers why doesnt it work? Post 302578974 by Scott on Saturday 3rd of December 2011 12:33:40 PM
Old 12-03-2011
= is wrong. It will assign 2 to NF, not test if the value of NF is 2.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

why doesnt my script work!!!

Is there a utility or command I can use to tell the number of decimal places a number has. For instance, if the number is 432, it will give hundred as the number of decimal places. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heedunk
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cd.. doesnt work

hi when i want to go to previous directory by typing cd.. i get the following message $ cd.. ksh: cd..: not found Please help rintingtong (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rintingtong
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

ls command doesnt work

Good Day I mistakely renamed the dld.sl file in the /usr/lib directory. When i try to ls/ftp into the box i get this error :eek: crt0: ERROR couldn't open /usr/lib/dld.sl errno:000000002 I have tried to rename it back from the renamed file to the original file name, but it gives me the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shawnbishop
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cp doesnt work - Help

When trying to copy a file in Solaris 8 it doesnt copy file or give a error. This worked 100% until the 29th. I've checked the rights and everything seems fine: drwxrwxrwx 2 bmuser bmgroup 11776 Jan 3 10:32 spool This is the file I want to copy: -rwxrwxrwx 1 bmuser bmgroup ... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudi.okelly
26 Replies

5. Red Hat

ldapsearch doesnt work.

Hii All, I am using openldap v2.3 on redhat El-4. When i run ldapsearch it returns all the entries. The command runs successfully. But when I run the ldapsearch with following filter option it doesnt work and immediately returns to the shell. ldapsearch uidNumber>=2000 I've started slapd... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamik
0 Replies

6. AIX

Crontab file doesnt seem to work

Hi all. Could anyone explain me why this simple cron job doesnt work: % whoami system % crontab -l * * * * * /usr/bin/touch /home/system/foo (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsddaemon
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop doesnt work

It just does the break...even though the files are not the same... # Compare extracts #========================================== count=0 while (( count < 5 )) do (( count+=1 )) echo "Try $count" file1=$(ls -l /tmp/psjava.xml|... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sigh2010
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

compiler doesnt work

this is my file I have written. // My first C++ program #include <iostream> int main() { std::cout << "Hi there!" << std::endl"; std::cout << "This is my first C++ program" << std::endl"; return(0); } This is the error I get, why? $ g++ first.cpp ksh: g++: not found (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gustave
1 Replies

9. AIX

Vi doesnt work

Hi Guys, I have a strange problem.( AIX 6.1) "vi" is not working at all..Whenever i #vi <anythin> ,, it returns the prompt back. Any clues folks?? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: muzahed
14 Replies

10. Red Hat

Beginner : sftp doesnt work

Hello, I really appreciate any help on this. Have to connect to external server via sftp. Our server is Linux machine Linux our.server.com 3.10.0-514.26.2.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Jul 4 15:04:05 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux I generated the keys, put them in /root/.ssh, sent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: billy5
3 Replies
processor_sets(4)					     Kernel Interfaces Manual						 processor_sets(4)

NAME
processor_sets - Collections of processors DESCRIPTION
A processor set is a collection of processors. When a processor set is first created, it does not contain any processors. You can add processors to a processor set, remove processors from a processor set, and also destroy the processor set. In addition, you can assign specific processes to a processor set. When the system is booted, all its processors are assigned to the default processor set. Each processor in a system can be a member of only one processor set at one time. In addition, when you create a process, it is assigned to a processor set. Unless you indicate a specific processor set, a process is assigned to the default processor set. A process can execute only on an processor that is included in the processor set to which the process is assigned. If you assign a process to an empty processor set, it will not execute until a processor is assigned to the processor set or until the process is assigned to another processor set. Use the pset_create command or the create_pset function to create a processor set. When you first create a processor set, it does not con- tain any processors. Use the pset_assign_cpu command or the assign_cpu_to_pset function to assign processors to a specific processor set. When you assign a processor to a specific processor set, the processor is removed from its current processor set. Use the pset_destroy command or the destroy_pset function to destroy a processor set. Processors that belong to a destroyed processor set are assigned to the default processor set. Use the pset_assign_pid command or the assign_pid_to_pset function to assign a process to a specific processor set. In addition, you can request that a process has exclusive access to a processor set. If a process has exclusive access to a processor set, no other process is able to use that processor set. If a process has exclusive access to a processor set, that access will be cleared automatically when the process exits. Note that if a process is already assigned to a processor set, a request for exclusive access to that processor set will be denied. Use the pset_info command to display the status of each processor set on the system as well as the status of each processor. You must be root to create and destroy processor sets and to assign a processor to a processor set. Processor set creation and destruction and processor assignments to processor sets are logged in the /var/adm/wtmp file. FILES
/var/adm/wtmp RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: pset_create(1), pset_destroy(1), pset_info(1), pset_assign_pid(1), pset_assign_cpu(1), runon(1), psrinfo(1), psradm(8) Functions: assign_pid_to_pset(3), assign_cpu_to_pset(3), create_pset(3), destroy_pset(3) delim off processor_sets(4)