Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking block windows file sharing traffic between networks Post 302578822 by Corona688 on Friday 2nd of December 2011 11:35:04 AM
Old 12-02-2011
That's odd. It usually doesn't make sense to route SMB traffic at all. Do the computers believe they're all on one big subnet? That'd be more like bridging.

Anyway. I can't guarantee this is correct, being I rarely use iptables directly, but I think I have the right idea: Explicitly allow traffic to/from your printer's IP, then explicitly deny everything else. The first rule will match your printer traffic, the rest won't and will go to the next rule which will drop it.

Code:
# Assuming your printer's IP is 192.0.3.1
# Accept 0.0 -> printer traffic
iptables -A forward --source 192.0.0.0/24 --destination 192.0.3.1 -j ACCEPT
# Accept printer -> 0.0 traffic
iptables -A forward --source 192.0.3.1 --destination 192.0.0.0/255.255.255.0 -j ACCEPT
# Reject everything 0.0 -> 3.0
iptables -A forward --source 192.0.0.0/24 --destination 192.0.3.0/255.255.255.0 -j DROP
# Reject everything 3.0 -> 0.0
iptables -A forward --source 192.0.3.0/24 --destination 192.0.0.0/24 -j DROP

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows Server 2003 file sharing with UNIX

We have a Windows Server 2003 box and I'd like to share a drive with a Sun Solaris box so that the Sun Solaris box can copy files to/from the Windows Server 2003. I believe that Windows Services for UNIX 3.5 will allow me to do this, can anyone comfirm this ? Also, any links on how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: markgrimes
1 Replies

2. Linux

Please help me, about the file sharing with windows system

Did anybody can teach me how to set the premission in the samba server? How to i set the premission in one folder but two access right. With one folder but the user access rights is diffirent. One user can full access the folder, and another one user only read only. thx for helping... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cloudlor
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Windows/Solaris data sharing

Hi all, I have a request from Developer team in my compagny, they would like to be able to share data between unix and windows world. 1. We would like to be able to see Unix data from Windows : ?Samba ? 2 We would like to be able to see windows data from Solaris (Mount point) : ?NFS server... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclefab
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

mount windows file sharing on hp-ux

Hi all, Can anyone teach me how to mount windows file sharing on hp-ux thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pantas manik
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Problem in File/Dir sharing between a windows and solaris

Hi , We are trying to share a particular directory between solaris running from VMware installed on Win7 box] and windows box. We tried the SWAT utility of samba, and made all possible changes for sharing. We committed the changes and we were clueless what need to be done further.. referred... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BalajiUthira
0 Replies

6. Solaris

SMB + Windows sharing

Hi guys I need to create one directory on my Solaris 11 box and then share that directory on my LAN. I have only one disk of 500 GB which is more than enough for my needs. I read SMB guide for Solaris and there is no guide how to achive share only on one directory, it has only tutorials for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Enterprise level Solaris&Windows file sharing

"Samba," I know, I know. However, I am a gov't worker and Samba is off the table. Does anyone have a recommendation for an off the shelf, secure solution? I've already suggested rsync and NFS services for Windows Server and got shot down. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LittleLebowski
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Sharing to Windows

hiiii, recently we installed samba in solaris 11 machine. and create filesystem and mounted it. we want to mount the same file system in another windows machine through samba. How share that file system to windows and how to mount in windows . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brahmam CH
2 Replies
IPTABLES-XML(8) 														   IPTABLES-XML(8)

NAME
iptables-xml -- Convert iptables-save format to XML SYNOPSIS
iptables-xml [-c] [-v] DESCRIPTION
iptables-xml is used to convert the output of iptables-save into an easily manipulatable XML format to STDOUT. Use I/O-redirection pro- vided by your shell to write to a file. -c, --combine combine consecutive rules with the same matches but different targets. iptables does not currently support more than one target per match, so this simulates that by collecting the targets from consecutive iptables rules into one action tag, but only when the rule matches are identical. Terminating actions like RETURN, DROP, ACCEPT and QUEUE are not combined with subsequent targets. -v, --verbose Output xml comments containing the iptables line from which the XML is derived iptables-xml does a mechanistic conversion to a very expressive xml format; the only semantic considerations are for -g and -j targets in order to discriminate between <call> <goto> and <nane-of-target> as it helps xml processing scripts if they can tell the difference between a target like SNAT and another chain. Some sample output is: <iptables-rules> <table name="mangle"> <chain name="PREROUTING" policy="ACCEPT" packet-count="63436" byte-count="7137573"> <rule> <conditions> <match> <p>tcp</p> </match> <tcp> <sport>8443</sport> </tcp> </conditions> <actions> <call> <check_ip/> </call> <ACCEPT/> </actions> </rule> </chain> </table> </iptables-rules> Conversion from XML to iptables-save format may be done using the iptables.xslt script and xsltproc, or a custom program using libxsltproc or similar; in this fashion: xsltproc iptables.xslt my-iptables.xml | iptables-restore BUGS
None known as of iptables-1.3.7 release AUTHOR
Sam Liddicott <azez@ufomechanic.net> SEE ALSO
iptables-save(8), iptables-restore(8), iptables(8) Jul 16, 2007 IPTABLES-XML(8)