Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting bash dump raw email body txt from Maildir Post 302578777 by zaxxon on Friday 2nd of December 2011 09:40:44 AM
Old 12-02-2011
Code:
$ awk 'NR==2 {printf("%s",$0)}' RS= infile
This is the text I need, it may possibly span two lines or more
but it will always have a blank line above and below it.

This User Gave Thanks to zaxxon For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check body of the email

Dears, i have user called dellsh i hope to make this script when this user recieve email check the budy of the email about (StatusRequest) when i find this email contain this subject run crontab do this job (create file in my home directory called index) thanks for your attention (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dellsh
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please suggest how do i dump in .txt

I have requirement where i need to read data from .sh file. I am using awk to identify the particualr data and extracting it. mY CODE : awk '/SELECT/,/;/' SOURCE.sh I am getting output as SELECT.... .... FROM TABLE1; SELECT.... .... FROM TABLE2; SELECT.... .... FROM TABLE3; But my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: goutam_igate
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

emailing as body of email

hi all, how do i email a file in the body of an email rather than as an attachment ?? have a ksh script which i need to read a file and email as part of the body rather than an attachment. my code is : uuencode file.log | mailx -s "test" but this sends file as an attachment. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

The body of the Email -- mailx

Hi, I am using mailx command to send an email and i took the body of the email from a file, mailx -r gtt.org -s "Status Report " ss@org.com < $ProcessStatisticsFile but now i want to declare the body of the email in the command itself. I have tried with the following command but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinnu01
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab issue: getting email but with out body

I have a oracle sh script test.sh #!/bin/bash R=`sqlplus -S *****/*********@dfsdf <<ENDOFSQL set serveroutput on size unlimited; execute DBMS_SNAPSHOT.REFRESH( '"MIS_ADMIN"."MV_SURVEY_UNITS_CENSUS"','F'); execute DBMS_SNAPSHOT.REFRESH( '"MIS_ADMIN"."MV_SURVEY_UNITS_CENSUS_PART"','F');... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramkia6
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue with Email Body

Hi, I have written shell program to send email as below - #!/bin/ksh filename=`ls -ltrh *.Z` echo $filename |mailx -s "FOR TESTING" rahul.b@infotech.net I am getting the email but email body is - -rw-rw-r-- 1 bahulra dba 173M Mar 22 04:37 corphist.txt.Z -rw-rw-r-- 1 bahulra dba 107M... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulbahulekar
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print the body of an email

I have fetched a couple of emails and stored then in /fetch/mail/oracle.txt, the displayed content is Date: From: Subject: To: Content-Type: ---body ----- --------- Date: From: Subject: To: Content-Type: ----body ----- ------ Date: From: I want to retrieve the body only from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddog21
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending mail in UNIX with body and attachment(.txt) using sendmail command

Hi All, In my .ksh script, I am sending an email with body and attachment (.txt) using sendmail command. I am able to receive the attachement along with the body of the mail. But I am getting special characters along with the content in the .txt. Also the alignment is incorrect. Can you please... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: KRR
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need special charecter in email body

I have a unix shell script generate.sh that writes to a file hello.txt using redirect. For example:echo " Today's report shows progress by: " > hello.txt This hello.txt is then send as an email body to the recipients. My requirement is to have this special characters(up arrow and down arrow... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Not able to generate table in email body

Below is the code snippet and I'm not able to generate the table in email, output email has nothing if ; then echo "File $fName exists." awk -F "," ' BEGIN { print "MIME-Version: 1.0" print "Content-Type: text/html" print "Subject: Out OF Network Fee - Portfolio Level Stats" print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vyomdev
1 Replies
SCRIPT-EMAIL(8) 					  System Administration Commands					   SCRIPT-EMAIL(8)

NAME
script-email - Amanda script to send email notifications DESCRIPTION
script-email is an Amanda script implementing the Script API. It should not be run by users directly. It sends a notification email to the addresses specified in the MAILTO property. PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control script-email's functionality. See amanda-scripts(7) for information on the Script API, script configuration. MAILTO List of email addresses that will receive an email on command execution. It is a multi-valued property: property "MAILTO" "amanda@domain.com" "sysadmin@domain.com" "amandauser@domain.com" EXAMPLE
In this example, script-email is scheduled to be run before the DLE, on the server. The unqualified email address amanda will be passed to the email system unchanged. The script is then attached to a dumptype, which can then be specified for any DLEs which require notification. define script-tool pre-email { comment "email me before this DLE is backed up" plugin "script-email" execute-on pre-dle-backup execute-where server property "mailto" "amanda" } define dumptype user-tar-email { user-tar script "pre-email" } SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-client.conf(5), amanda-scripts(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.1 02/21/2012 SCRIPT-EMAIL(8)