Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl extract number from file & write to file Post 302578725 by itkamaraj on Friday 2nd of December 2011 07:37:53 AM
Old 12-02-2011
Code:

$ perl -lane 'if ($_=~/SAUCE/){$F[2]=~s/,//;print $F[2]}' inputfile
0.246E+05

This User Gave Thanks to itkamaraj For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl -write values in a file to @array in perl

Hi can anyone suggest me how to write a file containing values,... say 19 20 21 22 .. 40 to an array @array = (19, 20, ... 40) -- Thanks (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: meghana
27 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract string from a file & write to a new file (Perl)

Hi, This is the first time playing around with perl and need some help. Assuming if i have a line of text that looks like this: Date/Time=Nov 18 17:12:11;Device Name=192.168.1.1;Device IP=192.168.1.1;Device Class=IDS;Source IP=155.212.212.111;Source Name=UNKNOWN;Source Port=1679... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LuckyGuy
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from an XML file & write into a CSV file

Hi All, I am having an XML tag like: <detail sim_ser_no_1="898407109001000090" imsi_1="452070001000090"> <security>ADM1=????</security> <security>PIN1=????</security> <security>PIN2=????</security> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write a script to extract strings from a file.

Hello fourm members, I want to write a script to extarct paticular strings from the all type of files(.sh files,logfiles,txtfiles) and redirect into a log file. example: I have to find the line below in the script and extract the uname and Pwds. sqsh -scia2007 -DD0011uw01 -uciadev... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a number from a line in a file and sed in another copied file

Dear all, I am trying to extract a number from a line in one file (task 1), duplicate another file (task 2) and replace all instances of the strings 300, in duplicated with the extracted number (task 3). Here is what I have tried so far: for ((k=1;k<4;k++)); do temp=`sed -n "${k}p"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnaqvi
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

write specific line number in file

dear all, i need your advice i have sample script like this: testing.sh for i in {1..10} do echo testing $i done but i forgot create "#!/bin/bash" in above "for" so i want output will like this testing.sh #!/bin/bash for i in {1..10} do echo testing $i done (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zvtral
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write bash script that will automatically extract zip file

i'm trying to write a bash script that that will automatically extract zip files after the download. i writed this script #!/bin/bash wget -c https://github.com/RonGokhle/kernel-downloader/zipball/master CURRENDIR=/home/kernel-downloader cd $CURRENDIR rm $CURRENDIR/zipfiles 2>/dev/null ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ron gokhle
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from XML file and write in CSV file

Hi friend i have input as following XML file <?xml version="1.0"?> <Document xmlns="urn:iso:std:iso:20022:tech:xsd:camt.054.001.02"> <BkToCstmrDbtCdtNtfctn> <GrpHdr><MsgId>LBP-RDJ-TE000000-130042430010001001</MsgId><CreDtTm>2013-01-04T03:21:30</CreDtTm></GrpHdr>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan sharma
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract text from file then write variable

I have a text file that has many lines, and for each line I need to extract different sections of text, then write several variables from the data. I can split out the various sections by selecting their position on each line as the column sizes will never vary. A sample of my text file is below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcpoole
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to search a particular String form a file a write to another file using perl script

I have file which contains a huge amount of data. I need to search the pattern Message id. When that pattern is matched I need to get abcdeff0-1g6g-91g3-1z2z-2mm605m90000 to another file. Kindly provide your input. File is like below Jan 11 04:05:10 linux100 |NOTICE... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raysf
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)