Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed show lines text between 2 blank lines Post 302578603 by michaelrozar17 on Friday 2nd of December 2011 02:55:31 AM
Old 12-02-2011
If the posted last line is the eof then try
Code:
sed '/^$/,/^$/!d' inputfile > outfile.txt

This User Gave Thanks to michaelrozar17 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to count lines - ignoring blank lines and commented lines

What is the command to count lines in a files, but ignore blank lines and commented lines? I have a file with 4 sections in it, and I want each section to be counted, not including the blank lines and comments... and then totalled at the end. Here is an example of what I would like my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kthatch
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete blank lines with sed

I have a text file with blank lines fullfilled with spaces and others only containing the "Enter" caracter, the \012. I would like to eliminate all them with the sed command. Is it possible? making: sed '/^$/d' <file should delete the blank lines but doesn't work for the lines that only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmxps
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and blank lines

hello, i have tried to remove blank lines from a file using korn shell script file.. it doesn't seem to work! i tried sed '/^\s*$/d' infile > outfile but that didn't work i tried sed 's/ *$//;/^$/d' infile > outfile and that didn't work i tried sed '/^s./d' infile > outfile and that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alrinno
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed / awk to concatenate lines until blank line

Sample input (line feed indicated by ) --------------- The red fox jumped over the brown fence of the red hous He then went into the orchard --------------- Desired Output --------------- The red fox jumped over the brown fence of the red house He then went into the orchard (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dunstonrocks
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove blank lines and comments from text file

Hi, I am using BASH. How can I remove any lines in a text file that are either blank or begin with a # (ie. comments)? Thanks in advance. Mike (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete blank lines, if blank lines are more than one using shell

Hi, Consider a file named "testfile" The contents of file are as below first line added for test second line added for test third line added for test fourth line added for test fifth line added for test (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil8103
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed delete blank lines upto first pattern match

Hi Im trying to do the following in sed. I want to delete any blank line at the start of a file until it matches a pattern and then stops. for example: Input output: I have got it to work within a range of two patterns with the following: sed '/1/,/pattern/{/^]*$/d}' The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: duonut
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed one liner to Delete blank lines - Help required

Hi, cat test.txt BlankLine BlankLine BlankLine BlankLine ello hi helo BlankLine BlankLine heylo BlankLine BlankLine BlankLine done BlankLine BlankLine BlankLine (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TomG
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tried many options but unable to delete blank lines from text file

Hi, I tried the following options but was unable to delete blank lines from file Input file = temp.hash.txt temp.hash.txt content 90 0 89.56 0 0 57575.4544 56.89 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuuunnnn
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting columns of text to rows, with blank lines

I've spent the past hour trying different things and googling for this solution and cannot find the answer. Found variations of this, but not this exact thing. I have the following text, which is the output from our mainframe. Each field is on a separate line, with a blank line between each... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lupin..the..3rd
7 Replies
CSS::DOM::Rule(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       CSS::DOM::Rule(3pm)

NAME
CSS::DOM::Rule - CSS rule class for CSS::DOM VERSION
Version 0.14 SYNOPSIS
use CSS::DOM::Rule ':all'; # import constants use CSS::DOM; $sheet = new CSS::DOM; $sheet->insertRule('bla blah blah {}'); $rule = $sheet->cssRules->[0]; $rule->type; # STYLE_RULE $rule->cssText; # 'bla blah blah {}' or similar $rule->cssText('p { margin: 0 }'); # replace it $rule->parentStyleSheet; # $sheet DESCRIPTION
This module provides the CSS rule class for CSS::DOM. It implements the CSSRule and CSSUnknownRule DOM interfaces. METHODS
Constructor Only call the constructor on this class to create an 'unknown' rule. You have to call the constructor on a particular subclass to get another type. Normally you do not need to call this directly anyway. (See CSS::DOM's "parse" and "insertRule" methods.) But just in case you do want to call it, here it is: new CSS::DOM::Rule $parent; # unknown rule require CSS::DOM::Rule::Style new CSS::DOM::Rule::Style $parent; # etc. $parent is the parent rule, if the rule is nested, or the parent style sheet otherwise. Object Methods type Returns one of the constants below indicating the type of rule. cssText Returns this rule's CSS code. If you pass an argument, it will be parsed as the new CSS code for this rule (replacing the existing data), and the old value will be returned. This method will die if the replacement CSS code creates a different type of rule. parentStyleSheet This returns the style sheet to which the rule belongs. parentRule This returns the rule's parent rule, if there is one, or an empty list otherwise. There is only a parent rule if this one is nested, e.g., inside a media rule. EXPORTS
The following constants that indicate the type of rule will be exported on request (individually or with the ':all' tag): UNKNOWN_RULE STYLE_RULE CHARSET_RULE IMPORT_RULE MEDIA_RULE FONT_FACE_RULE PAGE_RULE SEE ALSO
CSS::DOM CSS::DOM::Rule::Style CSS::DOM::Rule::Media CSS::DOM::Rule::Page CSS::DOM::Rule::Import perl v5.10.1 2010-12-10 CSS::DOM::Rule(3pm)