Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting search a number in very very huge amount of data Post 302578601 by itkamaraj on Friday 2nd of December 2011 02:52:20 AM
Old 12-02-2011
Hi,

If you want only the file name, the user -l in the grep. so that it will scan the entire file.

what you are searching ? and is that number occurs more time in the file ? ( or only one time )

you can try with perl or python to process the big file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search and grab data from a huge file

folks, In my working directory, there a multiple large files which only contain one line in the file. The line is too long to use "grep", so any help? For example, if I want to find if these files contain a string like "93849", what command I should use? Also, there is oder_id number... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ting123
1 Replies

2. Programming

Read/Write a fairly large amount of data to a file as fast as possible

Hi, I'm trying to figure out the best solution to the following problem, and I'm not yet that much experienced like you. :-) Basically I have to read a fairly large file, composed of "messages" , in order to display all of them through an user interface (made with QT). The messages that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: emitrax
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Best way to search for patterns in huge text files

I have the following situation: a text file with 50000 string patterns: abc2344536 gvk6575556 klo6575556 .... and 3 text files each with more than 1 million lines: ... 000000 abc2344536 46575 0000 000000 abc2344536 46575 4444 000000 abc2344555 46575 1234 ... I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy2000
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete a huge number of files at a time

I met a problem on HPUX with 64G RAM and 20 CPU. There are 5 million files with file name from file0000001.dat to file9999999.dat, in the same directory, and with some other files with random names. I was trying to remove all the files from file0000001.dat to file9999999.dat at the same time.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lisp21
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a string in a huge file

How to search a string which has occured numerous times in a single row. I tried many options, I am facing issue with the file size. Anything I go for, it says it is huge.. File is 82MB. Assume, the file contains the string 'Name' in many places.. Something Like below. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muthuraj K
5 Replies

6. AIX

Error while copying huge amount of data in aix

Hi When i copy 300GB of data from one filesystem to the other filesystem in AIX I get the error : tar: 0511-825 The file 'SAPBRD.dat' is too large. The command I used is : # tar -cf - . | (cd /sapbackup ; tar -xf - ) im copying as root The below is my ulimit -a output : ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace ---A huge number of files

Hello Friends, I have the below scenario in my current project. Suggest me which tool ( perl,python etc) is best to this scenario. Or should I go for Programming language ( C/Java ).. (1) I will be having a very big file ( information about 200million subscribers will be stored in it ). This... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: panyam
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : Large amount of data put into an array

This basic code works. I have a very long list, almost 10000 lines that I am building into the array. Each line has either 2 or 3 fields as shown in the code snippit. The array elements are static (for a few reasons that out of scope of this question) the list has to be "built in". It... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumguy
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Aggregation of huge data

Hi Friends, I have a file with sample amount data as follows: -89990.3456 8788798.990000128 55109787.20 -12455558989.90876 I need to exclude the '-' symbol in order to treat all values as an absolute one and then I need to sum up.The record count is around 1 million. How... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravichander
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make awk command faster for large amount of data?

I have nginx web server logs with all requests that were made and I'm filtering them by date and time. Each line has the following structure: 127.0.0.1 - xyz.com GET 123.ts HTTP/1.1 (200) 0.000 s 3182 CoreMedia/1.0.0.15F79 (iPhone; U; CPU OS 11_4 like Mac OS X; pt_br) These text files are... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: brenoasrm
21 Replies
search.h(3HEAD)                                                       Headers                                                      search.h(3HEAD)

NAME
search.h, search - search tables SYNOPSIS
#include <search.h> DESCRIPTION
The <search.h> header defines the ENTRY type for structure entry, which includes the following members: char *key void *data and defines ACTION and VISIT as enumeration data types through type definitions as follows: enum { FIND, ENTER } ACTION; enum { preorder, postorder, endorder, leaf } VISIT; The size_t type is defined as described in <sys/types.h>. See types.h(3HEAD). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
hsearch(3C), insque(3C), lsearch(3C), tsearch(3C), types.h(3HEAD), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Sep 2004 search.h(3HEAD)