Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: pwd in a variable
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting pwd in a variable Post 302578591 by amitranjansahu on Friday 2nd of December 2011 02:16:11 AM
Old 12-02-2011
PHP Code:
vpath=`pwd
This User Gave Thanks to amitranjansahu For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PWD env variable for root

How do you get the $PWD env variable set for root? I know it's automatic for korn and other shells, but root uses /usr/bin/sh. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bcole23
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help on PWD

Hi, We all know that pwd (or echo $PWD) gives us the present working dir as output.... but my doubt is that I'ld like to know how to get the present working folder - I mean - name of the current folder alone.. using pwd command I get the full folder name (right from root path)... I need to know... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanprabu
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pwd

Home directory mounted on one local system as /home/username, same directory mounted on a remote system as /home/engr/username. How to use command to use remote host pwd. For example rsh <remote host> ls -l ~pwd (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bugsandbunny
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PWD env variable

Could you please tell me, which process / file is responsible for the setting of PWD env variable in Solaris Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chaandana
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

echo ${PWD#${PWD%/*/*}/}

Can anyone explain this in detail ... echo ${PWD#${PWD%/*/*}/} Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sakthi.abdullah
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to assign a pwd value to a variable

Hi, I want to assign a pwd value to a variable filepath=$pwd Thx in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vls1210
4 Replies

7. AIX

sync samba pwd with aix5.3 pwd

currently, my samba login works just fine. i want my clients to use aix5.3 account to login to samba so they don't have to change samba pwd and aix pwd. i googled, and vi /usr/lib/smb.conf per some of knowledge base, but i could not get to work. aix5.3 and samba 3.0.24.0 thanks in advace..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pwd help

Dear users, One more question, In unix when i use pwd the following I get: pwd /Users/username/src/directory name Is there a way to get the out put like this in which the if there is a space in the directory eg directory name it should show as directory\ name:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevincobain2000
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

$PWD vs `pwd`

Hi, can anyone expalin the real importance of PWD as a variable. However pwd command and $PWD is going to give the same result, then why do we have 2 different things. Please give some example which illustrates the difference between both. Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
9 Replies

10. Red Hat

How to pass value of pwd as variable in SED to replace variable in a script file

Hi all, Hereby wish to have your advise for below: Main concept is I intend to get current directory of my script file. This script file will be copied to /etc/init.d. A string in this copy will be replaced with current directory value. Below is original script file: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cielle
6 Replies
php-config(1)							Scripting Language						     php-config(1)

NAME
php-config - get information about PHP configuration and compile options SYNOPSIS
php-config [options] DESCRIPTION
php-config is a simple shell script for obtaining information about installed PHP configuration. OPTIONS
--prefix Directory prefix where PHP is installed, e.g. /usr/local --includes List of -I options with all include files --ldflags LD Flags which PHP was compiled with --libs Extra libraries which PHP was compiled with --man-dir The directory prefix where the manpages is installed --extension-dir Directory where extensions are searched by default --include-dir Directory prefix where header files are installed by default --php-binary Full path to php CLI or CGI binary --php-sapis Show all SAPI modules installed on the Debian system --configure-options Configure options to recreate configuration of current PHP installation --version PHP version --vernum PHP version as integer SEE ALSO php(1) VERSION INFORMATION
This manpage describes php, version 5.4.4-14+deb7u14. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997-2010 The PHP Group This source file is subject to version 3.01 of the PHP license, that is bundled with this package in the file LICENSE, and is available through the world-wide-web at the following url: http://www.php.net/license/3_01.txt If you did not receive a copy of the PHP license and are unable to obtain it through the world-wide-web, please send a note to license@php.net so we can mail you a copy immediately. The PHP Group 2010 php-config(1)