Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: need a small help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need a small help Post 302578573 by kirankumar on Friday 2nd of December 2011 01:12:57 AM
Old 12-02-2011
need a small help

Hi,

sorry for inconvenience..wrong query posted.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks

Last edited by kirankumar; 12-02-2011 at 03:00 AM..
kirankumar

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

small script help

here is a small script: if ; then echo please enter an argument fi if [ "$1" = "tom"; then a=$1 echo $a fi here is my question. if the script name is j.sh and I run it : j.sh from shell prompt: without a parameter: it prints please enter an argument but if I go with . j.sh (current... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkl1
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Small Help on SED

Hi All, I have come across a command echo "123 abc" | sed 's/*/& &/' output is 123 123 abc then i tried in different ways to get 123 abc abc as output. Can u please explain me the importance of & in the above command. Thank you - Chanakya (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chanakya.m
7 Replies

3. IP Networking

Small problem...

Nice pictures, really free from virtual swingers club !!!! Anal sex Body art Gay Hardcore Lesbian Oral sex Cum XXX Models Private Image Galleries Private XXX photo Free!!! Say no to Spamers!!! Auto forum spam msg replacer by Swinguru © (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Green_Monkey23
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

small script help

#!/bin/ksh for i in *.log* do ls $i|sed 's/\.log$//g' | while read file do echo "file $file is Running" >> lls.txt echo "***************">> lls.txt done done ------------------------------------------------------------------ the output is : file AdapterCCProvisioningInterface... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a small script

Hello all, i have a batmail process running on my machine(java process). i just need a script we should detect whether the batchnail is running or not.If not it should restart it. Can anyone assist me on this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rayzone
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Missing something small....

I have a feeling my eyes are burned and I am just missing something small here but can somebody tell me why this is not working.... #!/bin/ksh Trunk_Path=/lcl/sit/apps/Tivoli types="-name '*.sh' -o -name '*.conf' -o -name '*.rules' -o -name '*.dat' -o -name '*.props' -o -name '*.sql' -o -name... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: LRoberts
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need small help

Hi, i have a client requirement to post the files into generic folder named as "source".file identification is to retrieve Publication code (Instance name) from the file name.So thereafter we move the files to different instances of specific folders for the same unix server.(means if the file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirankumar
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need small help

Hi all, I have two files in my folder 1.index.jsp 2.maintenance.jsp Once hit the URL in IE,It will call the index.jsp file than application working fine. I want to some maintenance in my application, during the application maintenance than it will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lkeswar
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help with small script

Hi I have the below file Name=abc Yr=2011 Mon=05 My script should be in such a way that whenever I run it then Month should increment by 1 and if the month is 12 then when I run the script then year should incremented by 1 and month Should become 01(I.e jan) Thanks for the help in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishu
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Small automation

Frequently we need to stop or start services on Linux systems. For exmaple : To start or stop vsftpd daemon # /etc/init.d/vsftpd start or # /etc/init.d/vsftpd stop Following script will check the vsftpd service and if it is running, it will be stopped or vice-versa. # cat... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snjksh
5 Replies
menu_hook(3CURSES)					     Curses Library Functions						menu_hook(3CURSES)

NAME
menu_hook, set_item_init, item_init, set_item_term, item_term, set_menu_init, menu_init, set_menu_term, menu_term - assign application-spe- cific routines for automatic invocation by menus SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lmenu -lcurses [ library... ] #include <menu.h> int set_item_init(MENU *menu, void (*func)(MENU *)); int set_item_term(MENU *menu, void (*func)(MENU *)); void item_term(MENU *menu); int set_menu_init(MENU *menu, void (*func)(MENU *)); void menu_init(MENU *menu); int set_menu_term(MENU *menu, void (*func)(MENU *)); void menu_term(MENU *menu); DESCRIPTION
set_item_init() assigns the application-defined function to be called when the menu is posted and just after the current item changes. item_init() returns a pointer to the item initialization routine, if any, called when the menu is posted and just after the current item changes. set_item_term() assigns an application-defined function to be called when the menu is unposted and just before the current item changes. item_term() returns a pointer to the termination function, if any, called when the menu is unposted and just before the current item changes. set_menu_init() assigns an application-defined function to be called when the menu is posted and just after the top row changes on a posted menu. menu_init() returns a pointer to the menu initialization routine, if any, called when the menu is posted and just after the top row changes on a posted menu. set_menu_term() assigns an application-defined function to be called when the menu is unposted and just before the top row changes on a posted menu. menu_term() returns a pointer to the menu termination routine, if any, called when the menu is unposted and just before the top row changes on a posted menu. RETURN VALUES
Routines that return pointers always return NULL on error. Routines that return an integer return one of the following: E_OK The routine returned successfully. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
curses(3CURSES), menus(3CURSES), attributes(5) NOTES
The header <menu.h> automatically includes the headers <eti.h> and <curses.h>. SunOS 5.11 31 Dec 1996 menu_hook(3CURSES)