Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat redhat linux postfix problem.. Post 302578334 by mark54g on Thursday 1st of December 2011 10:18:47 AM
Old 12-01-2011
And are you sending to your local machine (which, by the way, your configuration does not specify the machine's name or domain). How is the email server going to determine how to send the message?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Redhat 8.0 Problem

can someone tell me what commands in Linux RedHat 8.0 will give me a graph of whats going on on my system. When Is ay graphs I mean graphs like does produced by perfview of solaris and glance of HP-UX. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display Problem On Linux Redhat 8.0

Hey guys, can anyone please tell me how I can make linux recognize the same video adapter/monitor type that my windows box is using? i'm running linux redhat on virtual PC which enables me to have windows and linux running at the same time. (i can switch back and forth between operating... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

Redhat Linux - Postfix problem

We have a redhat linux el4 and used as a mail server.We configured postfix.all r working fine.we got a problem for a particular user when he tries to open his mailbox and the error is mentioned below: ERROR: Could not complete request. Query: SELECT "INBOX" Reason Given: Internal error... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramjimh2k3
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

redhat linux mail server problem

we are using redhat linux,configured the postfix as mail server and outlook is used as mail client.whenever the user opens outlook it is start downloading all the mails from the server. Example : If a user has 50 mails in the server,whenever he opens the outlook the outlook will start... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramjimh2k3
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Rsh problem on redhat linux

Hi, I am trying to do rsh on to a redhat EL 5 machine. It repeatedly asks me for the password and die after sometime. One might think that I am giving the wrong password. But I can do 'ssh' on to that machine with the same password. Can someone tell me what I have been doing wrong? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Problem with configuring host name in Redhat Linux 5

Hi All when I give the command, $ ping <hostname> I get the following error ping: unknown host <hostname> I have checked in the following files, /etc/sysconfig/network /etc/hosts /etc/resolv.conf /etc/nsswitch.conf Every where in these files host name and IP address are given... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagapradeep
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

New line character problem with ksh on Redhat Linux

Guys, I would like to discuss the problem I am seeing with echo “\n” statement in Redhat Linux Enterprise 5.3 version. I have a shell script that was written couple of years back for generic UNIX platforms based on ksh and was tested on Solaris 8,9,10 ; AIX 5.3 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rijeshpp
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Postfix Problem

hi guys i have a problem with postfix i can't send any mail to yahoo clients but i cant receive email from yahoo clients Feb 20 11:46:35 cp postfix/qmgr: 83F658003B: from=<ZZZ@XXX.org>, size=508, nrcpt=1 (queue active) Feb 20 11:46:35 cp postfix/smtp: 83F658003B: to=<ZZZ@yahoo.com>,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhs
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Postfix Problem

Hello, I have a problem remotely connecting to the postfix. It sais "Connection refused". # telnet 104.200.16.232 25 Trying 104.200.16.232... telnet: connect to address 104.200.16.232: Connection refused But the postfix is started and running. # telnet 127.0.0.1 25 Trying... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: galford
3 Replies
SCRIPT-EMAIL(8) 					  System Administration Commands					   SCRIPT-EMAIL(8)

NAME
script-email - Amanda script to send email notifications DESCRIPTION
script-email is an Amanda script implementing the Script API. It should not be run by users directly. It sends a notification email to the addresses specified in the MAILTO property. PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control script-email's functionality. See amanda-scripts(7) for information on the Script API, script configuration. MAILTO List of email addresses that will receive an email on command execution. It is a multi-valued property: property "MAILTO" "amanda@domain.com" "sysadmin@domain.com" "amandauser@domain.com" EXAMPLE
In this example, script-email is scheduled to be run before the DLE, on the server. The unqualified email address amanda will be passed to the email system unchanged. The script is then attached to a dumptype, which can then be specified for any DLEs which require notification. define script-tool pre-email { comment "email me before this DLE is backed up" plugin "script-email" execute-on pre-dle-backup execute-where server property "mailto" "amanda" } define dumptype user-tar-email { user-tar script "pre-email" } SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-client.conf(5), amanda-scripts(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.1 02/21/2012 SCRIPT-EMAIL(8)