Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to compare data from 2 zip files and capture the new records from file2 to a new file Post 302578314 by koneru on Thursday 1st of December 2011 09:58:12 AM
Old 12-01-2011
How to compare data from 2 zip files and capture the new records from file2 to a new file

I have 2 zip files which have about 20 million records in each file. file 2 will have additional records than file 1. I want to compare the records in both the files and capture the new records from file 2 into another file file3. Please help me with a command/script which provides me the desired result in a faster way.

Example:-

File1 - a.zip

File 2 - b.zip

Required output

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare data in 2 files and delete if file exist

Hi there, I have written a script called "compare" (see below) to make comparison between 2 files namely test_put.log and Output_A0.log #!/bin/ksh while read file do found="no" while read line do echo $line | grep $file > /dev/null if then echo $file found found="yes" break fi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lweegp
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count records in a zip file

Hello, I searched the forums on the keywords in the title I used above, but I did not find the answer: Is it possible to count records in a .zip file on an AIX machine if i don't have pkunzip installed? From all the research I'm reading in google and the reading of pkunzip in Unix.com,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tekster757
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Based on num of records in file1 need to check records in file2 to set some condns

Hi All, I have two files say file1 and file2. I want to check the number of records in file1 and if its atleast 2 (i.e., 2 or greater than 2 ) then I have to check records in file2 .If records in file2 is atleast 1 (i.e. if its not empty ) i have to set some conditions . Could you pls... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavesum
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare a common field in two files and append a column from File 1 in File2

Hi Friends, I am new to Shell Scripting and need your help in the below situation. - I have two files (File 1 and File 2) and the contents of the files are mentioned below. - "Application handle" is the common field in both the files. (NOTE :- PLEASE REFER TO THE ATTACHMENT "Compare files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santoshbn
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare values in two files. For matching rows print corresponding values from File 1 in File2.

- I have two files (File 1 and File 2) and the contents of the files are mentioned below. - I am trying to compare the values of Column1 of File1 with Column1 of File2. If a match is found, print the corresponding value from Column2 of File1 in Column5 of File2. - I tried to modify and use... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santoshbn
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files with different number of records and output only the Extra records from file1

Hi Freinds , I have 2 files . File 1 |nag|HYd|1|Che |esw|Gun|2|hyd |pra|bhe|3|hyd |omu|hei|4|bnsj |uer|oeri|5|uery File 2 |nag|HYd|1|Che |esw|Gun|2|hyd |uer|oi|3|uery output : (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare multiple files, identify common records and combine unique values into one file

Good morning all, I have a problem that is one step beyond a standard awk compare. I would like to compare three files which have several thousand records against a fourth file. All of them have a value in each row that is identical, and one value in each of those rows which may be duplicated... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nashton
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare and find records of file1 not in file2

hi.. i am using solaris system and ksh and using nawk to get records of file1 not in file2(not line by line comparison). code i am using is nawk 'NR==FNR{a++} !a {print"line:" FNR"->" $0} ' file2 file1 same command with awk runs perfectly on darwin kernel(mac) but in solaris it does line by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhiraj Singh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - compare records of 1 file with 3 files

hi.. I want to compare records present in 1 file with those in 3 other files and print those records of file 1 which are not present in any of the files. for eg - file1 file2 file3 file4 1 1 5 7 2 2 6 9 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhiraj Singh
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files and write data to second file using awk

Hi Guys, I wanted to compare a delimited file and positional file, for a particular key files and if it matches then append the positional file with some data. Example: Delimited File -------------- Byer;Amy;NONE1;A5218257;E5218257 Byer;Amy;NONE1;A5218260;E5218260 Positional File... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajay Venkatesan
3 Replies
ZIP_ADD(3)						     Library Functions Manual							ZIP_ADD(3)

NAME
zip_add , - .Nm zip_replace add file to zip archive or replace file in zip archive LIBRARY
libzip (-lzip) SYNOPSIS
#include <zip.h> zip_int64_t zip_add(struct zip *archive, const char *name); "struct zip_source *source" int zip_replace(struct zip *archive, zip_uint64_t index); "struct zip_source *source" DESCRIPTION
The function zip_add adds a file to a zip archive, while zip_replace replaces an existing file in a zip archive. The argument archive specifies the zip archive to which the file should be added. name is the file's name in the zip archive (for zip_add ), while index speci- fies which file should be replaced (for zip_replace ). The data is obtained from the source argument. See the zip_source_* functions cited in SEE ALSO. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, zip_add returns the index of the new file in the archive, and zip_replace returns 0. Otherwise, -1 is returned and the error code in archive is set to indicate the error. EXAMPLES
struct zip_source *s; if ((s=zip_source_buffer(archive, buffer, len)) == NULL || zip_add(archive, name, s) 0) { zip_source_free(s); printf("error adding file: %s0, zip_strerror(archive)); } ERRORS
zip_add and zip_replace fail if: [ZIP_ER_EXISTS] There is already a file called name in the archive. (Only applies to zip_add ). [ZIP_ER_INVAL] source or name are NULL, or index is invalid. [ZIP_ER_MEMORY] Required memory could not be allocated. SEE ALSO
libzip(3), zip_source_file(3), zip_source_filep(3), zip_source_function(3), zip_source_zip(3) AUTHORS
Dieter Baron <dillo@giga.or.at> and Thomas Klausner <tk@giga.or.at> NiH March 10, 2009 ZIP_ADD(3)