Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Match and variable length string Post 302578306 by clx on Thursday 1st of December 2011 09:24:24 AM
Old 12-01-2011
Another try

Code:
awk -F= '/)/ { name=$0;sub(/.$/,"",name) } /TZ=/ { print name, $2}' /etc/configtoto

This User Gave Thanks to clx For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding out the length of a string held within a variable

:confused: Does anyone know which command I can use to find out the length of a string held within a variable? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbrundrett
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a fixed length output from a variable length input

Is there a command that sets a variable length? I have a input of a variable length field but my output for that field needs to be set to 32 char. Is there such a command? I am on a sun box running ksh Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: r1500
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace variable length numeric string

I have a customer who logged some cc and bank account numbers in their apache logs. I got the cc numbers x'd out with sed -e 's/args=\{16\}/args=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/g' -e 's/cardnum=\{16\}/cardnum=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/g'but that wasn't too difficult due to the value being 16 digits. The bank account... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk4mzid
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing one Char in a string of variable length

Hi all, I am trying to find the best way of making a change to 1 char in a string, the string can be between 1 and 14 characters. I am reading a line in from a file which contains 012341231231:2:102939283:NNN: Require :NBN: 012838238232:3:372932:NNN: Require :NNB: I need to change 1 N or a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkwilliams
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make variable length record a fixed length

Very, very new to unix scripting and have a unique situation. I have a file of records that contain 3 records types: (H)eader Records (D)etail Records (T)railer Records The Detail records are 82 bytes in length which is perfect. The Header and Trailer records sometimes are 82 bytes in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jclanc8
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing a variable length text to a fixed length

Hi, Can anyone help with a effective solution ? I need to change a variable length text field (between 1 - 18 characters) to a fixed length text of 18 characters with the unused portion, at the end, filled with spaces. The text field is actually field 10 of a .csv file however I could cut... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dc18
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting substrings from a string of variable length

I have a string like Months=jan feb mar april x y .. Here the number of fields in Months is not definite I need to extract each field in the Months string and pass it to awk . Don't want to use for in since it is a loop . How can i do it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nevergivup
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed:- Supported variable replacement after string match?

Hi All, I am trying to replace the variable in the file after the particular match string. It is being replaced if i hardcode the value and with use of "&" with sed. sed -e "s/URL./& http:\\localhost:7223/g" But when am trying to pass the variable it is failing. I tried multiple... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert variable length record to fixed length

Hi Team, I have an issue to split the file which is having special chracter(German Char) using awk command. I have a different length records in a file. I am separating the files based on the length using awk command. The command is working fine if the record is not having any... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anthuvan
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Views How to replace a CRLF char from a variable length file in the middle of a string in UNIX?

My sample file is variable length, with out any field delimiters. It has min of 18 chars length and the 'CRLF' is potentially between 12-14 chars. How do I replace this with a space? I still want to keep end of record, but just want to remove these new lines chars in the middle of the data. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrath
7 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)