Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Listening on localhost - cannot connect to host using port 3010 Post 302578283 by m.d.ludwig on Thursday 1st of December 2011 08:26:18 AM
Old 12-01-2011
You have to make sure you are binding the socket to "any". For instance, in C:
Code:
server_address.sin_family = AF_INET;
server_address.sin_addr.s_addr = htonl(INADDR_ANY);
bind(sock, (struct sockaddr *) &server_address, sizeof(server_address))

or in PERL:
Code:
my $proto = getprotobyname('tcp');

socket(Server, PF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, $proto)               || die "socket: $!";
setsockopt(Server, SOL_SOCKET, SO_REUSEADDR, pack("l", 1)) || die "setsockopt: $!";
bind(Server, sockaddr_in($lport, INADDR_ANY))              || die "bind: $!";
listen(Server,SOMAXCONN)                                   || die "listen: $!";

JAVA is left as an exersize for the student :-).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

port not listening..

Hi.. I am using HPux11.0 i want to know if server not listening to a tcp port what should we do to resolve the problem.... in /etc/services tcp port 7108/tcp is mentioned for some perticular application.. while starting that application error is coming could not establish listening address... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prafulla
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listening on port for incoming data?

I am not what I would call an experienced programmer. I know some ksh etc.. I need to be able to listening on a port for incoming data on a ultra 10 using solaris 9. Basically all that I need to do at the moment is to log the incoming data on a specific port number. Any ideas on how I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
6 Replies

3. Linux

ssh: connect to host traviata port 22: No buffer space available

What does that mean? traviata being my distant host? What am i to do? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
0 Replies

4. Solaris

PING - Unknown host 127.0.0.1, Unknown host localhost - Solaris 10

Hello, I have a problem - I created a chrooted jail for one user. When I'm logged in as root, everything work fine, but when I'm logged in as a chrooted user - I have many problems: 1. When I execute the command ping, I get weird results: bash-3.00$ usr/sbin/ping localhost ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Przemek
4 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Listening to port when no IP address is assigned

Hi Pals Consider a case where the network interface is there and it is connected to a network. Only thing left here is I need to set a static ip/ip though dhcp (though ifconfig) I heard that it is possible to listen even if the ip address is not set. So is there any possibility of an attack over... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreejithc
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

How to find if remote n/w port is listening on HP-UX from the binary

Hi, I have an executable running on HP-UX, from this executable I need to findout if the portnumber. lets say 7890,7891, 7892 are listening on the remote server running on HP-UX. I can do it by creating socket, connect etc. But is there any other way of doing it using "system()" function or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: einsteinBrain
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Can't connect to database listening on port 6730, Please Guide.

Hi all, I am not able to telnet from one system to another. say from system1 to system2 However i am able to do telnet system2 1521 but I am not able to do telnet system2 6730 & telnet system2 6731 & telnet system2 6732 some other onformation: system1:root(/root)# rpm -qa |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

Unable to connect to localhost in Debian 6?

Hello Everyone, I have unable to run the default server with localhost in my Debian machine. While trying to run Django I get: Error: That IP address can't be assigned-to. error While trying to run galaxy-dist I get this error: socket.error: Cannot assign requested address I can't telnet... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachit adhikari
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to target host from Source host.

Hi All, Need to connect to target host and execute a command and connect back to source host to continue with next set of command execution. Is there a utility/command using which we can connect to target host ? Please suggest. Note: Netezza database is instaled on Linux server. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraja Akkiva
4 Replies

10. AIX

Rpcbind Listening on a Non-Standard Port

Hello, I was trying to find information about below rpcbind issue and how can I fix it so that, it wont happen again. Below is the one of the vulnerability from my security team, RPC service name: portmapper service protocal: udp Portmapper found at: 327xx service port: 327xx ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: system.engineer
2 Replies
AUSCOPE(1)						      General Commands Manual							AUSCOPE(1)

NAME
auscope - Network Audio System Protocol Filter SYNOPSIS
auscope [ option ] ... DESCRIPTION
auscope is an audio protocol filter that can be used to view the network packets being sent between an audio application and an audio server. auscope is written in Perl, so you must have Perl installed on your machine in order to run auscope. If your Perl executable is not installed as /usr/local/bin/perl, you should modify the first line of the auscope script to reflect the Perl executable's location. Or, you can invoke auscope as perl auscope [ option ] ... assuming the Perl executable is in your path. To operate, auscope must know the port on which it should listen for audio clients, the name of the desktop machine on which the audio server is running and the port to use to connect to the audio server. Both the output port (server) and input port (client) are automati- cally biased by 8000. The output port defaults to 0 and the input port defaults to 1. ARGUMENTS
-i<input-port> Specify the port that auscope will use to take requests from clients. -o<output-port> Determines the port that auscope will use to connect to the audio server. -h<audio server name> Determines the desktop machine name that auscope will use to find the audio server. -v<print-level> Determines the level of printing which auscope will provide. The print-level can be 0 or 1. The larger numbers provide greater output detail. EXAMPLES
In the following example, mcxterm is the name of the desktop machine running the audio server, which is connected to the TCP/IP network host tcphost. auscope uses the desktop machine with the -h command line option, will listen for client requests on port 8001 and connect to the audio server on port 8000. Ports (file descriptors) on the network host are used to read and write the audio protocol. The audio client auplay will connect to the audio server via the TCP/IP network host tcphost and port 8001: auscope -i1 -o0 -hmcxterm auplay -audio tcp/tcphost:8001 dial.snd In the following example, the auscope verbosity is increased to 1, and the audio client autool will connect to the audio server via the network host tcphost, while displaying its graphical interface on another server labmcx: auscope -i1 -o0 -hmcxterm -v1 autool -audio tcp/tcphost:8001 -display labmcx:0.0 SEE ALSO
nas(1), perl(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1994 Network Computing Devices, Inc. AUTHOR
Greg Renda, Network Computing Devices, Inc. 1.9.3 AUSCOPE(1)