Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Listening on localhost - cannot connect to host using port 3010 Post 302578223 by brian112 on Thursday 1st of December 2011 06:44:41 AM
Old 12-01-2011
Listening on localhost - cannot connect to host using port 3010

Hi Guys,

my issue is - I have people connecting to my hosts from the outside world (for POC testing). There application listens on a port 3010 which is bound to the localhost. Using netstat -an | grep LISTEN it is the only port that is bound - ie: ftp, ssh etc listen on all interfaces. I need to be able to connect via other hosts, is there anyway i can get that port to listen on all interfaces?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

port not listening..

Hi.. I am using HPux11.0 i want to know if server not listening to a tcp port what should we do to resolve the problem.... in /etc/services tcp port 7108/tcp is mentioned for some perticular application.. while starting that application error is coming could not establish listening address... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prafulla
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listening on port for incoming data?

I am not what I would call an experienced programmer. I know some ksh etc.. I need to be able to listening on a port for incoming data on a ultra 10 using solaris 9. Basically all that I need to do at the moment is to log the incoming data on a specific port number. Any ideas on how I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
6 Replies

3. Linux

ssh: connect to host traviata port 22: No buffer space available

What does that mean? traviata being my distant host? What am i to do? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
0 Replies

4. Solaris

PING - Unknown host 127.0.0.1, Unknown host localhost - Solaris 10

Hello, I have a problem - I created a chrooted jail for one user. When I'm logged in as root, everything work fine, but when I'm logged in as a chrooted user - I have many problems: 1. When I execute the command ping, I get weird results: bash-3.00$ usr/sbin/ping localhost ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Przemek
4 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Listening to port when no IP address is assigned

Hi Pals Consider a case where the network interface is there and it is connected to a network. Only thing left here is I need to set a static ip/ip though dhcp (though ifconfig) I heard that it is possible to listen even if the ip address is not set. So is there any possibility of an attack over... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreejithc
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

How to find if remote n/w port is listening on HP-UX from the binary

Hi, I have an executable running on HP-UX, from this executable I need to findout if the portnumber. lets say 7890,7891, 7892 are listening on the remote server running on HP-UX. I can do it by creating socket, connect etc. But is there any other way of doing it using "system()" function or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: einsteinBrain
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Can't connect to database listening on port 6730, Please Guide.

Hi all, I am not able to telnet from one system to another. say from system1 to system2 However i am able to do telnet system2 1521 but I am not able to do telnet system2 6730 & telnet system2 6731 & telnet system2 6732 some other onformation: system1:root(/root)# rpm -qa |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

Unable to connect to localhost in Debian 6?

Hello Everyone, I have unable to run the default server with localhost in my Debian machine. While trying to run Django I get: Error: That IP address can't be assigned-to. error While trying to run galaxy-dist I get this error: socket.error: Cannot assign requested address I can't telnet... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachit adhikari
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to target host from Source host.

Hi All, Need to connect to target host and execute a command and connect back to source host to continue with next set of command execution. Is there a utility/command using which we can connect to target host ? Please suggest. Note: Netezza database is instaled on Linux server. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraja Akkiva
4 Replies

10. AIX

Rpcbind Listening on a Non-Standard Port

Hello, I was trying to find information about below rpcbind issue and how can I fix it so that, it wont happen again. Below is the one of the vulnerability from my security team, RPC service name: portmapper service protocal: udp Portmapper found at: 327xx service port: 327xx ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: system.engineer
2 Replies
LISTEN(7)							   SQL Commands 							 LISTEN(7)

NAME
LISTEN - listen for a notification SYNOPSIS
LISTEN name INPUTS name Name of notify condition. OUTPUTS LISTEN Message returned upon successful completion of registration. WARNING: Async_Listen: We are already listening on name If this backend is already registered for that notify condition. DESCRIPTION
LISTEN registers the current PostgreSQL backend as a listener on the notify condition name. Whenever the command NOTIFY name is invoked, either by this backend or another one connected to the same database, all the backends cur- rently listening on that notify condition are notified, and each will in turn notify its connected frontend application. See the discussion of NOTIFY for more information. A backend can be unregistered for a given notify condition with the UNLISTEN command. Also, a backend's listen registrations are automati- cally cleared when the backend process exits. The method a frontend application must use to detect notify events depends on which PostgreSQL application programming interface it uses. With the libpq library, the application issues LISTEN as an ordinary SQL command, and then must periodically call the routine PQnotifies to find out whether any notify events have been received. Other interfaces such as libpgtcl provide higher-level methods for handling notify events; indeed, with libpgtcl the application programmer should not even issue LISTEN or UNLISTEN directly. See the documentation for the library you are using for more details. NOTIFY [notify(7)] contains a more extensive discussion of the use of LISTEN and NOTIFY. NOTES name can be any string valid as a name; it need not correspond to the name of any actual table. If notifyname is enclosed in double-quotes, it need not even be a syntactically valid name, but can be any string up to 63 characters long. In some previous releases of PostgreSQL, name had to be enclosed in double-quotes when it did not correspond to any existing table name, even if syntactically valid as a name. That is no longer required. USAGE
Configure and execute a listen/notify sequence from psql: LISTEN virtual; NOTIFY virtual; Asynchronous NOTIFY 'virtual' from backend with pid '8448' received. COMPATIBILITY
SQL92 There is no LISTEN in SQL92. SQL - Language Statements 2002-11-22 LISTEN(7)