Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File Replacement Help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File Replacement Help Post 302578104 by m.d.ludwig on Wednesday 30th of November 2011 09:18:35 PM
Old 11-30-2011
What I supplied will replace the first instance of <TagA>MyBaseFile</TagA> in the file. Depending on how complicated your files actually are (I assume that what you supplied was a sample), you may want to look at xml parsing modules which can give you very fine control over what is selected..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding a numeric value in a file for replacement

thank u optimus,but one more dout..it might be silly..how do i get the value in the file that should be replaced..while running the script..its an numeric value..that i want to change.. when i used sed for replacement ie. sed s/521000/100/p with print option it is printing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Babu
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacement of text in a file

Hi , I have some data in my file(properties.txt) like this. # agent.properties agent.dmp.Location= agent.name= I need to relpace the agent.dmp.location with agent.dmp.Location = /opt/VRTS/vxvm I am using the follwing to replace the string AGENT_NAME=snmp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.amilineni
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replacement in unicode file

Hi there, I have a file generated by a windows registry (it's unicode) and can't get to do some replacements on it. I want to join lines that end with backslash with the next one. santiago@ks354286:~$ cat win.reg ÿþWindows Registry Editor Version 5.00 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix file pattern check and replacement

HI Guys , Using UNIX ,I intend to check with correct file pattern Access_file_Record.YYYYMM in path /tmp If the file exist in correct format come out from code . If not found check with different file patterns for same month period YYYYMM ( Like Access_file_Record_YYYYMM.txt or... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replacement in file when line is in a variable

Hi, I have a file where I want to replace the 15th field separated by comma, only on specific lines matching lots of different conditions. I have managed to read the file line by line, within the loop my line is held in a variable called $line I assume this will be using sed (maybe... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpt123
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional replacement of columns in a text file

Hello scriping expert friends, I have 2 requirements on replacing fields of text files: I have lot of data with contents like below: Requirement-1: The digit after 0 should always be changed to 1 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: magnus29
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File size changes on replacement of certain numbers

I had a doubt regarding how the file size changes and needed some advice on the same So I have this file say abc.txt.. Size was 10000. Now inside the file when I go and I replace all the number 7 numerals with number 4 file size changed to 9984. Any idea why and how ?? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidnow
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: how to use file contents in replacement string

I want to replace a string by contents of file. I am trying the following sed command: cat sample | sed "s^<enter description here>^`cat details`^" But it is not working. a=`cat details` and using $a will not help since it will affect the whitespaces. What am I missing in the above sed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand_bh
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacement of variable by their content in a file

Dear all, I have a "SQL request" in a file: that request include different "host variable" and I would like to substitute the different "host variable" by their respective content before executing the request. For example: $ echo $SHELL /bin/bash $ cat dae2.txt DELETE FROM ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dae
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacement Query in a file

Hi All, Please can you help me with below, i have a file with records ( eg of one record below) Record R1 - The field separtaor between records is | (Pipe) |123|Mukesh\r\n|Vivek"sharma| Now i want to do the following for each record in the file if there is any field ( lets say field... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
3 Replies
DH_PERL(1)                                                           Debhelper                                                          DH_PERL(1)

NAME
dh_perl - calculates Perl dependencies and cleans up after MakeMaker SYNOPSIS
dh_perl [debhelperoptions] [-d] [librarydirs...] DESCRIPTION
dh_perl is a debhelper program that is responsible for generating the ${perl:Depends} substitutions and adding them to substvars files. The program will look at Perl scripts and modules in your package, and will use this information to generate a dependency on perl or perlapi. The dependency will be substituted into your package's control file wherever you place the token ${perl:Depends}. dh_perl also cleans up empty directories that MakeMaker can generate when installing Perl modules. OPTIONS
-d In some specific cases you may want to depend on perl-base rather than the full perl package. If so, you can pass the -d option to make dh_perl generate a dependency on the correct base package. This is only necessary for some packages that are included in the base system. Note that this flag may cause no dependency on perl-base to be generated at all. perl-base is Essential, so its dependency can be left out, unless a versioned dependency is needed. -V By default, scripts and architecture independent modules don't depend on any specific version of perl. The -V option causes the current version of the perl (or perl-base with -d) package to be specified. library dirs If your package installs Perl modules in non-standard directories, you can make dh_perl check those directories by passing their names on the command line. It will only check the vendorlib and vendorarch directories by default. CONFORMS TO
Debian policy, version 3.8.3 Perl policy, version 1.20 SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Brendan O'Dea <bod@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_PERL(1)