Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find and EXEC
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Find and EXEC Post 302577849 by austech360 on Wednesday 30th of November 2011 05:09:26 AM
Old 11-30-2011
Network Find and EXEC

This is a huge issue. and I need it fixed ASAP.

Code:
account-system      gate-system           race_traffic_sensor
achievement-system  global                race_voicepack
admin               glue-system           realdriveby
admin-system        gps                   realism-system
animation-system    gps-system            realistictrains
anticheat-system    hay                   realtime-system
apps-system         heligrab              reload
assault             help                  report-system
as-sharks           helpmanager           roadblock-system
as-supermarket      help-system           runcode
bank-system         interiors             saveplayer-system
briefcase           interior-system       scoreboard
briefcaserace       item-system           shop-system
camera-system       job-system            sittablechairs
carlist-system      joinquit              social-system
carshop-system      killmessages          spike-system
cdm                 language-system       stealth
character-system    license-system        sth-coookiepirates
chat-system         lses-system           superman
computers-system    lspd-system           tag-system
ctf                 map-system            tdm
ctv                 mdc-system            tdma
dancer-system       missiontimer          teammanager
deathmatch          mods-system           tooltip
driveby             move_cursor           tooltips-system
edf                 move_freecam          tow-system
editor_gui          move_keyboard         valhallashield
editor_main         msgbox                vehicle-mods-system
elevator-system     mtaworkaround         vehicle-plate-system
event-system        object-system         vehicle-system
faction-system      parachute             vgaccount
fallout             performancebrowser    vG-logs
fiddycal            phone-system          vgscoreboard
flood               pickuphandler         video-poker
freecam             race                  voice
freecam-tv          race_delay_indicator  votemanager
freeroam            race_nos              weaponcap
fuel-system         race_racewar          weather-system
gatekeepers-system  race_toptimes

That is a list of all of my folders. I need zip files created of all of those files. I can get everything I need when I do find -maxdepth 1
It will show all of those directories. Now. I need to zip the contents of those directories. to zip files. named after the folder they came out of. So. all the files in weather-system, would come out as a zip file. which has the contents of weather-system in the weather-system.zip. without the folder called weather system inside. so. instead of

weather-system.zip
-weather-system(D)
-Files and such

I need
weather-system.zip
-Files and such

If you have any idea how to do it. I would be in a much better shape.

I have been trying something like
find -maxdepth 1 -exec zip {} {}/* \;
but. that looks ridiculous. and doesn't work

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find and exec

Hi, Happy new year. Would you be so kind to explain me what does this instruction : find /rep/app -type l -exec ls -l {} \;> allink.lst Many thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

| with find -exec

can we use |(pipe operator) with find -exec.....? or can pipe the output of find command to another command...? if not, why...? pls explain (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijay_0209
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using MV FIND and -EXEC

Hi, i would like to rename files in directories and subdirs. Files contains specific french or strange caracters. I want to replace all non alpha-numerics by _ (underscore) First, i made this, but i think the "for" is limited. How can i do this directly by FIND ? for file in $(find .... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: degraff63
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find Exec

Hello All, Is there a way to make exec do a couple of operations on a single input from find? For example, find . -type d -exec ls -l "{}" ";" I would like to give the result of each "ls -l" in the above to a wc. Is that possible? I want to ls -l | wc -l inside... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasanna1157
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find problem with exec

Hi, i want to make a script that calculates the total size in bytes from files from a directory(first argument) and displays "Total :xxxxx", the second argument must indicate the minimum size of files processed and the third argument indicates the path to a file that will save the processed file... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: MorpheusC
21 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Find and exec

Hello, I am a linux newbe. I want to install a program. I can download it only with wget command from internet. As far as i know this wget command does not transfer the exacutable flags. Because of that i wanted to find all configure files and change their mod to 744. I found this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: disconnectus
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find: missing argument to `-exec' while redirecting using find in perl

Hi Friends, Please help me to sort out this problem, I am running this in centos o/s and whenever I run this script I am getting "find: missing argument to `-exec' " but when I run the same code in the command line I didn't find any problem. I am using perl script to run this ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumarselvam
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command with -exec

Hi all, Please could someone help with the following command requirement. I basically need to find files NEWER than a given file and order the result on time. My attempt so far is as follows: find . -newer <file_name> -exec ls -lrt {} ;\ But I dont seem to get the right result... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonnyd
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What does the '\' in find -exec command

Hi, I have two scripts that remove files. One works fine and is coded find -name "syst*" -mtime +1 -exec rm {} \; The other is almost the same - only thing missing is the '\'. On that script though I keep getting: rm syst1202.file ? etc Does the \ make that difference or is it a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

2 exec in find

Guys, I want to find the log files greather than 23 days and i want to perform 2 things here. one is to list the files and second is to gzip the files. hope this can be done using sh -c option. but not sure the exact command. find . -name "*.log" -mtime +23 -exec ls -la {} \; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AraR87
5 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Insets - Space between things DESCRIPTION
Graphics::Primitive::Insets represents the amount of space that surrounds something. This object can be used to represent either padding or margins (in the CSS sense, one being inside the bounding box, the other being outside) SYNOPSIS
use Graphics::Primitive::Insets; my $insets = Graphics::Primitive::Insets->new({ top => 5, bottom => 5, left => 5, right => 5 }); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Graphics::Primitive::Insets. Instance Methods as_array Return these insets as an array in the form of top, right, bottom and left. bottom Set/Get the inset from the bottom. equal_to Determine if these Insets are equal to another. left Set/Get the inset from the left. right Set/Get the inset from the right. top Set/Get the inset from the top. zero Sets all the insets (top, left, bottom, right) to 0. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
perl(1) COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2010 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2010-08-21 Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)