Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Trouble Assigning AWK variables Post 302577714 by agama on Tuesday 29th of November 2011 06:22:36 PM
Old 11-29-2011
If you are using a modern awk (nawk on a sun) then this will work:

Code:
read ratio
awk -v ratio=$ratio '{if($1 == "variableStep") {print $0} else {$2*=ratio;{print $0}}}' ${NAME}.wig > ${NAME}normalized.wig

And a suggestion to make it a bit easier to read:
Code:
awk -v ratio=$ratio '
{
  if( $1 != "variableStep") 
     $2 *= ratio;
  print;
}' ${NAME}.wig > ${NAME}normalized.wig

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

assigning variables

Before I even attempt this, is it possible to grep for a pattern, maybe a partial sentence like "go to page 3", assign that to a variable and then use awk or something to pull out the 3 and assign it to a variable? So first I would have Gotopg = "go to page 3" then page = 3 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: k@ssidy
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

assigning SED output to a variable = trouble!

i'm on a Mac running BSD unix. i have a script in which i ask the user to input the name of a mounted volume. i then call SED to substitute backslashes and spaces in place of the spaces. that looks like this: echo "Enter the name of the volume" read Volume echo "You've chosen \"$Volume\""... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hungryd
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

assigning variables to their defaults

Hi, Is there any way to assign defaults values to the shell variables without reassigning them ( restarting the session) for example after login the value of ORACLE_HOME=/a/b/c i have changed this value from the console export ORACLE_HOME=/c/d now what if i want the value exported to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clx
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

variables not assigning in a function

Hi GUYS, I have function. I am assigning a line count to count variable. But it is throwing an error at this line. function_recur (){ #file being created in this function lenth = `wc -l function_outpu.dat`; echo $lenth; } this is the error i got rec.ksh: lenth: not found. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Assigning variables using awk

Hi, I am having a line which is separated by - I need to extract each field and put into some variable. a=`echo "this-is-the-case" | awk -F- '{print $1}' ` b=`echo "this-is-the-case" | awk -F- '{print $2}' ` c=`echo "this-is-the-case" | awk -F- '{print $3}' ` d=`echo "this-is-the-case" | awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: posix
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with reading and assigning variables

Hi Gurus, I have a file named log with 2 lines Each line is a file name. eg $ cat log monday tuesday I need to read log and assign each output(filename) to a different variable. The following doesn't work:- while read A B do echo " a is ${A} " echo " b is ${B} " done <... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisdom
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

Trouble assigning user to group in OpenLDAP

Hello, I am working on setup LDAP Server and facing issue related to assigning user to a group. Below is the LDAP structure i am using. I have created Users,Groups and Servers ou's and sub ou's added to the same or Users as well as Groups OU. Logged in as: cn=Manager,dc=bebolabs,dc=net ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning variables

i have variables RECIPIENTS_DEVL,RECIPIENTS_UACC,RECIPIENTS_PROD i have a case statement to get the phase variable: case ${WMD_UPHASE1} in u) WMD_UPHASE4=UACC;; i) WMD_UPHASE4=DEVL;; p) WMD_UPHASE4=PROD;; d) WMD_UPHASE4=DEVL;; *) WMD_UPHASE4=DEVL;; esac I am unable to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning Variables

Hi, Can the below be clarified please. i just want to know what is the difference between the two ways of assigning variables as mentioned below. export SRC_TBL=${SRC_TBL-"MMA_COPAY_PLN_FACT_STG"} export SRC_TBL="MMA_COPAY_PLN_FACT_STG" thanks in advance :) Arun (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble Assigning Variable with Function

OSX 10.9 Good morning/afternoon/evening. I'm hoping to get some insight on assigning a variable when calling a function. The code below looks at my array and checks if the path exists. My actual code will have multiple arrays and I would like to define a specific array when I call the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudo
6 Replies
RTF_CREATE_CHEBYCHEV(3) 					 rtfilter library					   RTF_CREATE_CHEBYCHEV(3)

NAME
rtf_create_chebychev, rtf_create_butterworth - Creates IIR Chebychev and Butterwoth filters SYNOPSIS
#include <rtf_common.h> hfilter rtf_create_chebychev(unsigned int nchann, int proctype, double fc, unsigned int num_pole, int highpass, double r); hfilter rtf_create_butterworth(unsigned int nchann, int proctype, double fc, unsigned int num_pole, int highpass); DESCRIPTION
rtf_create_chebychev() creates a IIR chebychev filter processing nchann channels of data type specified by proctype with fc as normalized cutoff frequency, whose the Z-transform has num_pole poles and whose the impulse response has a ripple of r This latter is expressed as the ratio between the overshoot (difference between the max value of the response to a unit step and the unit length) and the unit length (ratio not expressed in decibels). rtf_create_butterworth() is the same as rtf_create_chebychev() but creates a butterworth filter (which a special case of a chebychev filter with a ripple of 0). A normalized frequency is the ratio between the absolute frequency and the sampling frequency (i.e. a value of 1.0 refers to the sampling frequency). If highpass is 0, it specifies the filter should be a lowpass. If highpass is non-zero, the should be a highpass. RETURN VALUE
Returns the handle to the created filter in case of success, NULL otherwise. SEE ALSO
rtf_create_filter(3), rtf_destroy_filter(3) EPFL
2010 RTF_CREATE_CHEBYCHEV(3)