Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bash join script not working
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash join script not working Post 302577690 by Nostyx on Tuesday 29th of November 2011 03:56:39 PM
Old 11-29-2011
Update:

Code:
$sort -t: -k1 AdditionalInfo > AdditionalInfo.srt
$sort -t: -k1 /etc/passwd > etcpasswd.srt
$join -t: AdditionalInfo.srt etcpasswd.srt

Joins the matching fields correctly thanks.
Literally figured it out as you were posting Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

join not working

I was trying to merge the following two example files using their first field: join -1 1 -2 1 file1 file 2 but nothing is produced. The expected result should be: rs1005152 7 q21.3 3 It appears that the length of the first field in file1 is causing the problem. Any suggesting on how to... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gamma_user
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple BASH script not working?

So I need a script that does the following: If a certain user is logged in Run `command` Else Echo “incorrect user” This is my first stab...which doesn't work: #!/bin/bash X="user=`ls -l /dev/console | cut -d " " -f 4`" Y="foobar" echo $X echo $Y (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: doubleminus
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving old files bash script - not working properly

I'm trying to write a script that moves data that's older than 2 weeks to a different place. It works well, EXCEPT, that when the script hits a file within a directory inside the working directory, it will move it to the root of the destination directory instead of putting it in the correct... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ugolee
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script for ftp-upload is not working

Hello everyone, sorry for the title, most of you must getting sick of reading something like this, but I haven't found a solution, although I found many threads according to it. I'm working on a bash script that connects to a network printer with ftp where I want to upload a pdf created... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: le_mae
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed not working in a bash script

Hi friends, I have two files - input and commands I want to read the input and replace a value in it with the contents in commands. My script is like this. Instead of printing the value in the commands file, it is simply printing $cmd in the output file. Any pointers are highly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join not working for comparision

Hi All, I have 2 files where the first column of both the files have to be compared and if they match the first six columns of the first file to be extracted in the output file. Format of files : File1 : ${SHTEMP}NPBR5.XTR.tmp S00016678|129|7|MPF|20090106|E... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Join not working

Hi all, I'm trying to use the join command to merge two files, but it's not finding lots of the matches. I have three files in total: File A: 31_77 34_46 72_61 85_10 85_23 110_33 144_45 154_25 154_90 170_5 170_44 217_63 255_19 333_20 333_23 333_32 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HEP
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect not working inside my Bash script

I am trying to execute expect command inside by small bash script to login into servers using key authentication method. My script is as follows: #!/bin/bash HOST=$1 /usr/bin/expect -c " spawn ssh -i /root/.ssh/id_rsa root@$HOST expect -exact "Enter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Wilson
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Aliases NOT working inside bash shell script

i have defined a function ln_s() for customizing the ln command in script1.sh. more script1.sh echo "Starting Execution" ./script2.sh echo "End of Execution" ln_s(){ ] && return ln -s "$1" "$2" } My script1.sh executes another script2.sh which has the following entry more script2.sh... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
12 Replies

10. Programming

Best way to get a bash script working in C

Ahoy friends. Currently i got a bash script running to manage my minecraft servers. All of them are stored in /home/minecraft_servers directory. Using my script im able to start a server (e.g. ./minecraft start ftb_continuum) because server name and server name are the same.(e.g.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Knogle
2 Replies
KATEENC(1)							      libkate								KATEENC(1)

NAME
kateenc - create Kate streams from text input SYNOPSIS
kateenc [-hVM] [-o outfile] [-l language] [-c category] [-s serial] [-C tag=value] [-R threshold] [-K threshold] -t filetype [ infile ] DESCRIPTION
kateenc creates Kate streams from input files (SubRip SRT subtitles, LRC lyrics, and libkate's custom description language). When saved to an Ogg stream (the default behavior), a Kate stream may then be merged with other Ogg streams (eg, a Theora video) using the oggz tools. OPTIONS
-h Show command line help. -V Show version information. -M Allow simple HTML-like markup in SRT files. If this parameter is used, strings such as "<i>" will be interpreted to mean italics, rather than appear as such. Note that various players interpret a slightly different set of HTML tags, and some do not. -o outfile Write the output Kate stream to the given file name (writes to stdout if not specified). -l language Sets the language for the stream (default is the language specified in the input, or none). -c category Sets the category for the stream (default is the category specified in the input, or none). -s serial Sets the serial number for the output Kate stream (does not apply to raw streams). -C tag=value Adds a comment to encode into the output Kate stream. The comment must be of the form tag=value, and comply with the Vorbis comment rules (eg, tag is composed of a particular subset of ASCII characters, and value is valid UTF-8). Note that you might have to escape or quote the comment for it to be seen as a single command line parameter. -t filetype Specifies the type of the input (srt, lrc, kate) -R threshold Use repeat packets, with the given threshold (in seconds). Data packets will be repeated at intervals of roughly threshold seconds, while active. -K threshold Use keepalive packets, with the given threshold (in seconds). Keepalive packets will be emitted when no other packet has been emit- ted for roughly threshold seconds. EXAMPLES
Create a Kate stream for Welsh subtitles from a SubRip file: kateenc -t srt -l cy -c SUB -o output.ogg input.srt SEE ALSO
katedec(1), katalyzer(1) libkate 0.4.1 13 october 2010 KATEENC(1)