Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting grep option to print the first match of each member of a list? Post 302577575 by Corona688 on Tuesday 29th of November 2011 11:06:59 AM
Old 11-29-2011
In what way doesn't it work? 'print' ought to print the entire row.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Print Problem in UNIX. Need to know the option to specify the print paper size

Hi, Could any one please let me know what is the option available in UNIX to print by specifying the paper size? We are using Unix11i. I could n't see any option specified in the 'lp' command to print the report by specifying the size of the paper. It would be of great help to me, if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ukarthik
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk+Grep Input file needs to match a column and print the entire line

I'm having problems since few days ago, and i'm not able to make it works with a simple awk+grep script (or other way to do this). For example, i have a input file1.txt: cat inputfile1.txt 218299910417 1172051195 1172070231 1172073514 1183135117 1183135118 1183135119 1281440202 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: poliver
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep N lines after match and then print them on 1 line each

Hello I need some help with this job. file.txt ----- cut ---- TARGET 13/11/08 20:43:21 POINT 1 MOVE 8 772102y64312417771 TARGET 13/11/08 21:10:01 POINT 2 MOVE 5 731623jjd12njhd ----- cut ---- this is the example. i need to grep for the word TARGET and print next 4 lines like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alekkz
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep N lines after match and then print them on 1 line each

Hello I have a silly question. I need to grep a match in text file and then print 5 lines after it. grep -A 5 .... do it. OK The next thing I can not handle is I need each output to be on 1 line match line2 line3 line4 line5 match line2 line3 line4 line5 etc.. I will really... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: alekkz
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lynx Grep Pattern Match 2 conditions Print from Start to End

I am working on a scraping project and I am stuck at this tiny grep pattern match. Sample text : FPA List. FPA List. FPA List. FPA List. FPA List. FPA List. FPA List. FPA List. ABC Personal Planning Catherine K. Wat Cath Wat Catherine K. Wat Catherine K. Wat IFRAME:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkiran
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Using grep to print just the pattern match

Hi all, Is it possible for grep to output just the pattern match and not the whole line when it comes across a match? I know you can adjust the number of trailing or leading lines that are printed, but am yet to find anything that outputs just the pattern match. Cheers, Tim (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: muzzaw
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep range of lines to print a line number on match

Hi Guru's, I am trying to grep a range of line numbers (based on match) and then look for another match which starts with a special character '$' and print the line number. I have the below code but it is actually printing the line number counting starting from the first line of the range i am... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin Tivoli
15 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep -B used with -f? (Searching a file using a list of terms, output is lines before each match)

(1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Twinklefingers
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to print the next word from the same line based on grep string condtion match.

I need to fetch particular string from log file based on grep condition match. Actual requirement is need to print the next word from the same line based on grep string condtion match. File :Java.lanag.xyz......File copied completed : abc.txt Ouput :abc.txt I have used below... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva83
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command to search a regular expression in a line an only print the string after the match

Hello, one step in a shell script i am writing, involves Grep command to search a regular expression in a line an only print the string after the match an example line is below /logs/GRAS/LGT/applogs/lgt-2016-08-24/2016-08-24.8.log.zip:2016-08-24 19:12:48,602 ERROR... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramneekgupta91
9 Replies
PDOSTATEMENT.FETCH(3)							 1						     PDOSTATEMENT.FETCH(3)

PDOStatement::fetch - Fetches the next row from a result set

SYNOPSIS
public mixed PDOStatement::fetch ([int $fetch_style], [int $cursor_orientation = PDO::FETCH_ORI_NEXT], [int $cursor_offset]) DESCRIPTION
Fetches a row from a result set associated with a PDOStatement object. The $fetch_style parameter determines how PDO returns the row. PARAMETERS
o $fetch_style - Controls how the next row will be returned to the caller. This value must be one of the PDO::FETCH_* constants, defaulting to value of PDO::ATTR_DEFAULT_FETCH_MODE (which defaults to PDO::FETCH_BOTH). o PDO::FETCH_ASSOC: returns an array indexed by column name as returned in your result set o PDO::FETCH_BOTH (default): returns an array indexed by both column name and 0-indexed column number as returned in your result set o PDO::FETCH_BOUND: returns TRUE and assigns the values of the columns in your result set to the PHP variables to which they were bound with the PDOStatement.bindColumn(3) method o PDO::FETCH_CLASS: returns a new instance of the requested class, mapping the columns of the result set to named properties in the class. If $fetch_style includes PDO::FETCH_CLASSTYPE (e.g. PDO::FETCH_CLASS | PDO::FETCH_CLASSTYPE) then the name of the class is determined from a value of the first column. o PDO::FETCH_INTO: updates an existing instance of the requested class, mapping the columns of the result set to named prop- erties in the class o PDO::FETCH_LAZY: combines PDO::FETCH_BOTH and PDO::FETCH_OBJ, creating the object variable names as they are accessed o PDO::FETCH_NAMED: returns an array with the same form as PDO::FETCH_ASSOC, except that if there are multiple columns with the same name, the value referred to by that key will be an array of all the values in the row that had that column name o PDO::FETCH_NUM: returns an array indexed by column number as returned in your result set, starting at column 0 o PDO::FETCH_OBJ: returns an anonymous object with property names that correspond to the column names returned in your result set o $cursor_orientation - For a PDOStatement object representing a scrollable cursor, this value determines which row will be returned to the caller. This value must be one of the PDO::FETCH_ORI_* constants, defaulting to PDO::FETCH_ORI_NEXT. To request a scrollable cursor for your PDOStatement object, you must set the PDO::ATTR_CURSOR attribute to PDO::CURSOR_SCROLL when you prepare the SQL statement with PDO.prepare(3). o $offset - For a PDOStatement object representing a scrollable cursor for which the cursor_orientation parameter is set to PDO::FETCH_ORI_ABS, this value specifies the absolute number of the row in the result set that shall be fetched. For a PDOState- ment object representing a scrollable cursor for which the cursor_orientation parameter is set to PDO::FETCH_ORI_REL, this value specifies the row to fetch relative to the cursor position before PDOStatement.fetch(3) was called. RETURN VALUES
The return value of this function on success depends on the fetch type. In all cases, FALSE is returned on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Fetching rows using different fetch styles <?php $sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT name, colour FROM fruit"); $sth->execute(); /* Exercise PDOStatement::fetch styles */ print("PDO::FETCH_ASSOC: "); print("Return next row as an array indexed by column name "); $result = $sth->fetch(PDO::FETCH_ASSOC); print_r($result); print(" "); print("PDO::FETCH_BOTH: "); print("Return next row as an array indexed by both column name and number "); $result = $sth->fetch(PDO::FETCH_BOTH); print_r($result); print(" "); print("PDO::FETCH_LAZY: "); print("Return next row as an anonymous object with column names as properties "); $result = $sth->fetch(PDO::FETCH_LAZY); print_r($result); print(" "); print("PDO::FETCH_OBJ: "); print("Return next row as an anonymous object with column names as properties "); $result = $sth->fetch(PDO::FETCH_OBJ); print $result->name; print(" "); ?> The above example will output: PDO::FETCH_ASSOC: Return next row as an array indexed by column name Array ( [name] => apple [colour] => red ) PDO::FETCH_BOTH: Return next row as an array indexed by both column name and number Array ( [name] => banana [0] => banana [colour] => yellow [1] => yellow ) PDO::FETCH_LAZY: Return next row as an anonymous object with column names as properties PDORow Object ( [name] => orange [colour] => orange ) PDO::FETCH_OBJ: Return next row as an anonymous object with column names as properties kiwi Example #2 Fetching rows with a scrollable cursor <?php function readDataForwards($dbh) { $sql = 'SELECT hand, won, bet FROM mynumbers ORDER BY BET'; try { $stmt = $dbh->prepare($sql, array(PDO::ATTR_CURSOR => PDO::CURSOR_SCROLL)); $stmt->execute(); while ($row = $stmt->fetch(PDO::FETCH_NUM, PDO::FETCH_ORI_NEXT)) { $data = $row[0] . " " . $row[1] . " " . $row[2] . " "; print $data; } $stmt = null; } catch (PDOException $e) { print $e->getMessage(); } } function readDataBackwards($dbh) { $sql = 'SELECT hand, won, bet FROM mynumbers ORDER BY bet'; try { $stmt = $dbh->prepare($sql, array(PDO::ATTR_CURSOR => PDO::CURSOR_SCROLL)); $stmt->execute(); $row = $stmt->fetch(PDO::FETCH_NUM, PDO::FETCH_ORI_LAST); do { $data = $row[0] . " " . $row[1] . " " . $row[2] . " "; print $data; } while ($row = $stmt->fetch(PDO::FETCH_NUM, PDO::FETCH_ORI_PRIOR)); $stmt = null; } catch (PDOException $e) { print $e->getMessage(); } } print "Reading forwards: "; readDataForwards($conn); print "Reading backwards: "; readDataBackwards($conn); ?> The above example will output: Reading forwards: 21 10 5 16 0 5 19 20 10 Reading backwards: 19 20 10 16 0 5 21 10 5 SEE ALSO
PDO.prepare(3), PDOStatement.execute(3), PDOStatement.fetchAll(3), PDOStatement.fetchColumn(3), PDOStatement.fetchObject(3), PDOState- ment.setFetchMode(3). PHP Documentation Group PDOSTATEMENT.FETCH(3)